Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Schurr Portable Wabbler paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Schurr Portable Wabbler paddle
Schurr Portable Wabbler paddle Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $249.95
Description: Schurr portable dual paddle
More info: http://www.MorseX.com/schurr

You can write your own review of the Schurr Portable Wabbler paddle.

IK8TEO Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2011 14:45 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own a lot and I've tried many but the pleasure of this is insurmountable.
It's a marvelous piece of art.
Francesco IK8TEO

N1DZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2011 20:01 Send this review to a friend
A true work of art  Time owned: more than 12 months
This key is beautiful. A true work of art. Very easy to set up. I have used this key over 12 years and it is still my favorite. I tried a Begali but it did not measure up to the Schurr quality and functionality. Luckily this paddle is still available since Schneumann took over the Schurr production line.

K6LEC Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2009 20:05 Send this review to a friend
An engineering marvel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just acquired a Schurr portable wabbler on Ebay for an incredible price!! The base needed to be cleaned up, but the paddles were perfect. I am so impressed with the detailed engineering that went into this paddle! Very fine and precise adjustments are possible, and sending CW is a very satisfying experience.

I currently have or have used Begali, March, N3ZN, and Bencher paddles. As a musician, I find that my keys and paddles are like musical instruments, and I enjoy trading off depending on my moods. This Schurr allows me to make beautiful CW music, and I look forward to enjoying this paddle for many years. If you find one, I'm sure you will feel the same way. 73.

N0ODK Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2006 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Tops!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have this key for several years and always keep using it as the main key for my HF station. It is a keeper! Does not move around, solid, great looking, and great using on the air. Still looks new even.
Mike
n0odk

K8ND Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2004 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Like Profi-2, A Precision Machine!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own ten paddles at present, including a few that I've liked well enough to keep for 25 years (HAL FYO and Hamco Scotia). I've purchased, used, and sold another 15 paddles over time (including Brown Brothers, Autek, Vibroplex, Bencher, March). I find myself always using the Schurr Profi-2 and Portable Wabbler paddles when it comes time to be on the air. Heavy enough to stay in place, and precise enough to make using it a joy. If pressed, I prefer the Schurr Profi-2, but the Portable Wabbler is a fine paddle!

LU1DZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2002 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Great...!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I dont know how good are other near perfect paddles, but this one is the best.
I have Bencher, Kent, Hi Mound, french, spanish, and several argentinians ones, all those are very good, but this is like a five stars key.

NZ7C Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2002 21:39 Send this review to a friend
You will love it!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was surprised to note so few reviews of the Wabbler compared to the Schurr Proffi reviews. i have both paddles and they are equally superb. Each paddle does seem to have it's own personality yet both are a joy to use. The Wabbler is slightly smaller and lighter but believe me it is very stable. It can make a great base station paddle with a smaller footprint. Personally I would not take either in the field - they are too gorgeous to take risks with. I use the Proffi with my Icom 756 PRO and the Wabbler with my K2. If I go portable you cannot beat the Palm Paddle from Morse Express.

VK2NEW Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2001 00:42 Send this review to a friend
A German made piece of art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having always admired the Schurr Keys I took the chance while I had the money and acquired myself a Schurr 'Portable Wabbler'. The precision of this instrument is not unlike a Cartier Watch, "and I am not joking". Recently I bought myself a Yaesu FT-817 potable transceiver and never ever used CW on air, only enough to acquire my license and I now have a Key which I hope will not acustom me with any bad habits. Before I purchased my Key I left a few messages on a Internet reflector which is called "Pounding Brass", asking about the Schurr Keys and every response told me somethink which I already knew, "they are one the best". So if you are in the hunt for a new Key or Paddle, check out the Gehard Schurr's range, and you will not be disappointed. I like to thank Carsten Pedersen at HamRadio Accessories (www.powerup.com.au/~pedersen) for the excellant service. I will update this review in 6 months when I have had more time spent with this special instrument.

N7XM Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 1999 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Very nice package of German Engineering  Time owned: unknown months
For me this is the best paddles I have ever
used - bencher, WBL, G4ZPY VHS, etc
I do not use very close spacing - so I am
a moderate "banger" - and I find it a wonderful