Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond CR224A Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CR224A
Diamond CR224A Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $109.95
Description: The Diamond CR224A is an 2 meter and 220 MHz (1.25 meter) mobile antenna. It is a 2 1/2 wave on 2 meters providing 5 dB gain and a 2 5/8 wave on 220 providing 6 dB gain. This antenna can handle up to 150 watts.

More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/

You can write your own review of the Diamond CR224A.

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2004 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Big for a dual band mobile antenna, excellent performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ran a Diamond CR224A 2m/222 dual band mobile on a K400 hatchback mount with my Icom IC-2330A 2m/222 dual band mobile. The results were excellent both simplex and through repeaters on both bands.

You can't change the laws of physics--the large size of the antenna (and this one is big at 69" tall) allows for more gain. I was teased for having an RC car since the antenna seemed so big for my Ford Escape, but heck, it worked. The antenna, thankfully, folds over easily for going into garages and drive through lines.

Construction is solid. I did have to tighten the Allen screws holding the different sections together after a month or two of use and periodically after that but I don't see that as a big problem.

I was very impressed with the antenna. I only sold it because I have moved on to a triband radio and triband antenna.