Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | RadioCraft 3000 RF Sentinel Multifunction Wattmeter 1.8-54Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for RadioCraft 3000 RF Sentinel Multifunction Wattmeter 1.8-54Mhz
RadioCraft 3000 RF Sentinel Multifunction Wattmeter 1.8-54Mhz Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $279.95
Description: Peak and Hold, Peak, Average, SWR, auto sensing, auto ranging in 2 scales 0-300, 3KW. A.L.O. sensor, backlighted dual meter, and LED function lamps reading, wall wart p.s. or 12Vdc. Manual. Made in USA
More info: http://www.radiocraft-eng.com

You can write your own review of the RadioCraft 3000 RF Sentinel Multifunction Wattmeter 1.8-54Mhz.

N4JBK Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 11:33 Send this review to a friend
I wish they were still being made  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a lot of the higher end meters and none of them come close to this one. It is accurate, easy to see and read, it looks great, it is built very well, and it is priced very competitively when you look at other meters. I just wish that CJ felt like making them again or that he would sell the company off to someone who is motivated to keep the standards as high as they are. The picture on this page looks like some MFJ stuff but it sure isn't a Radio Craft.

W7RAJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2004 00:03 Send this review to a friend
Every ham should have one!  Time owned: months
I've owned mine for a few months now, and I don't know how I ever got along without it!

First, let me say, the quality is excellent. Fit & finish are top notch. I does have a remote RF coupler to keep the coax lines off of my desk(they are mounted on the back of desk). Very accurate when compared to a Bird 43 wattmeter! Calibration is dead-on.

Three key features that I really do like a lot....
1) Auto Lock-Out (ALO) keeps from keying an amplifier if high SWR or excessive power is detected.
2) Adjustable peak hold time.
3) Automatic power ranging...I don't have to change power scales when tuning up my amp!

My hat is off to W7ZFX for making such a wonderful unit. I heard CJ will be making a dual meter version with "cool blue" backlighting, I can't wait to get one!

73 de Ron, W7RAJ

N5IFH Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2004 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had this multifunction wattmeter in use now for just over two months. So far, no complaints! Operates as advertised, quality workmanship! I particularly like the Automatic Lock Out function. Using this meter with an Alpha 99 and it just feels good to have that option available. I'm not a big "techy" so no high tech explanations offered. It works...it works!
One thing I wish they would of included with the wattmeter is the "schematic"...may be available later I'm told. Great multifunction wattmeter, deserves a serious look if your shopping for such a device.

K8DIT Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2004 22:29 Send this review to a friend
Quality gear  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hang with a group on 160meters. OTs for the most part. I heard about this and was given one to beta test last year. I like it so much I bought the first one in the first production offering. It is my first real peak reading meter with any accuracy(+/-5%)and have learned a great deal about the importance of having accurate test gear with which to monitor output. The meter is handsomely appointed and is shown above from a picture provided by the manufacturer. There are two meters pictured there, one showing the rear of the meter above it. You dont get two boxes. The
sampling box pictured on the right, is connected to a sheilded cable that plugs into the wattmeter with a din plug.
When you key the xmtr the sampling light and the backlighted wattmeter light up simultaneously. By choosing the peak hold reading on the mode switch and raising the hold time pot on the left, you can unkey and know your power output as the hold time can be set for as little as 1/2second or up to 20 seconds. The SWR is also displayed on the reflected meter, but is not held, returning back to zero as the xmtr is unkeyed. The lower face has 6 LEDs they light up as you key the xmtr and tell you that the sample has taken place, hold, whether its reading the Low/High power scale. The sampling takes place frequently if the keyline is held or in CW lets you know what your power and SWR is doing. In phone, your peak power is read along with the SWR letting you know what power level and SWR is doing. This is handy for knowing where to raise the mic gain for optimum levels.
The A.L.O. circuit is placed in the keying line to the amplifier only and will not let the amplifier key up if the SWR exceeds the SWR that you set. Factory set at 2.5:1. The meter operates smoothly and easily and is easy to depend on for the busy hamshack. Those w/o an amp will not use this feature. The meter comes with a well written manual and wall wart with which to power it up. I have no financial interest in this company but would recommend it to anyone needing such a meter.