Reviews Categories | Ham radio kits | Tini CAT level converter kit for Yaesu Help

Reviews Summary for Tini CAT level converter kit for Yaesu
Tini CAT level converter kit for Yaesu Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: New IC chips allow for smaller dc powered level conversion. Now you don't have to pay $100 for a 110VAC FIF-232E The Tini CAT does the job!
More info: http://n5ztw.home.texas.net/Page16.htm

You can write your own review of the Tini CAT level converter kit for Yaesu.

SWL-I3-2551 Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2006 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Great! for old radio new life  Time owned: more than 12 months
Upon a couple of year browsing internet to find an interface for my old frg9600 buy this, I think was best idea, work great and til today i se with almost my old great yaesu not opnly the frg, with old pc and new one. Homebrew, weldone, from a ham for ham!

F0DBD Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2004 06:53 Send this review to a friend
Nice KIT !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
i buy this kit with ebay. Very good package. I build it only a few minutes are necessary ! Work 100% with my FT-990. Low cost but wonderful hardware ! recommended !

N5TTT Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2004 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Tini-CAT is the BEST for Yaesu control  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You will not find a better interface for your radio to your PC than the Tini-CAT. The best technical support, the best communication, the best customer service and follow-up. My Tini-CAT interfaces my AMD 1.3Ghz PC to my Yaesu FT-757GX. It operates exactly as the FIF-232 would with amazing results and a quick set-up. I could not give this product higher marks, and I personally recommend this to anyone who wants to control their radio via their PC. Kit or assembled/tested. How can you beat $40.00?

N2JLI Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2004 18:06 Send this review to a friend
One word - GREAT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was the easiest thing I've ever built, mainly because of the attention to every detail in the makeup of the kit. It took me less than an hour to put it together. The easy-to-read printing on the board, inclusion of the superfine solder and the perfect fit of the case made it that much easier. I had to get my son to read the numbers on the tantalum capacitors but that's not the kit's fault.
I had to scrounge for a serial cable because I was too cheap to buy the cable. I could only find a 25-pin cable but after adding a 9-pin adapter to each end and a 25-pin gender changer in between I plugged it into my FT-767GX (as per the detailed instructions) and installed the TRX-Manager from the CD. And -wonder of wonders - up on the screen came the monitor window showing the frequency I was tuned to!
I don't think anybody else (except Yaesu) sells this interface, so even though they have the only game in town they made the extra effort to make the product an excellent example.
Don't buy the Yaesu interface, get this one.

W5BVB Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2004 12:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Yaesu support!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've bought two of these from Bill, one for an
FT-1000 and the latest one for an FT-990. I was
having a lot of trouble getting a Yaesu FIF-232
interface working but Bill's little device and his
outstanding support made this easy. Highly recommended for any Yaesu owner that needs a computer interface! Phil, W5BVB

G7EIT Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2004 12:11 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got one of these CAT systems because they seemed good value, The delivery was from Texas USA and it took only 3 days to reach me in UK. It was well packed and very tidy. I sat down Friday night and built it in less than 45mins while watching a film on TV. I am partially sighted and even I found the instructions very easy to follow. I made a lead up on Saturday and hooked it up. Fantastic, I have the FT840 and found I no longer need to even touch the radio. This product is simple to make and gives great results. A must for everyone who wants to get into CAT and even for those who want to experiment. The TINI CAT system WORKS. If you need help then email me g7eit@hotmail.com.

Great product, Great shipping and Great service.