Reviews Categories | Microphones | turner +2 micrphone Help

Reviews Summary for turner +2 micrphone
turner +2 micrphone Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $75$ in early 70s
Description: amplified base mic. standard blue in colour.

You can write your own review of the turner +2 micrphone.

KD0CPH Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2016 12:26 Send this review to a friend
awesome mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used a number of microphones over the years but I give the Turner plus two the edge over them all. Not a huge difference from the plus two to the plus three or three B. But I still give a slight edge to the plus two. The plus two has a little deeper tone. I also like the retro look, but any Turner Mike gets a thumbs up from me!! Can't praise them enough!! I'll take one over any of the expensive mics, for the price, value and ease of wiring to any rig. I have turners on my Yaesu FT 2000 my Kenwood TS2000 and my Yaesu Ft 101 ZD, if you have a chance to try one go for it you won't be disappointed.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2010 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Great old Microphone.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works like a champ. My only complaint is that it is too short. But, I always get good audio reports with it. It has no problem driving any radio. Very cheap on EBay, and easily worth the price.

KB4FLA Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2009 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Rating 5/5 +  Time owned: more than 12 months
After having problems with the audio quaility of a New FT-450 with the supplied Hand Mic I wired a Turner + 3 Super Sidekick to a Modular Plug & all My reports on audio improved 100% Now that I have My new FT-897D I got the same reports of muddy audio
So I wired an old Turner SSB + 2 to the rig and I am getting glowing audio reports . Care should be taken
With the Modular plus as 1 connection hs +5 VDC
I used a Modular Plug of of a Eathernet Cord . Turner Mics have been labled ( CB ) Mics NOT TRUE Great American Michrophones made for SSB communiacation Don't pass Em' up Kb4fla

ONAIR Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2007 00:51 Send this review to a friend
A Classic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have one that I bought in 1966 and originally used on a tube Lafayette Comstat 25 CB radio! Have used with a number of rigs and it works fine.

WA1GMT Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2005 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Nice microphone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using a Turner plus 2 for years now with always good reports.Had one wired for my Yaesu 1000d and it performs excellent.Make no mistakes this microphone sounds as good as many expensive ones,but if you want to spend alot of money to make yourself feel better,than be my guest.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2004 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Small but packs a punch  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my +2 SSb for two years now, and the audio reports have been that is sounds very good. But over all loud and crystal clear. I had a radio check comapring it to a Silver Eagle and was told it had better audio quality than the D-104. I was surprised since the mic really doesn't look like much. But I like the lock to talk handle and push to talk bar.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2004 20:00 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
ive had it for 8 years on numerous rigs.the rigs have gone but the mic stays.excellent audio clarity.pretty bassy sounding.very clean and simple cosmetic appearence.mine was new in the box when i got it.over the years ive had many mics,but this one is hard to beat.it sounds better than many of the factory mics available.and they can be had for a reasonable price.