Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 2000a Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 2000a
ACOM 2000a Reviews: 83 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $6850 USD
Description: ON4UN demonstrates the ACOM 2000A Automatic HF Linear Amplifier
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the ACOM 2000a.

IK0YVV Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2012 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Amplifier and company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using my acom2000a since 2000, so more than 12 years and 12000 hours on. My unit has serial nr 141, so one of the very first built, i used it in many contests ,each mode, even on RTTY for 48 hours it gave me what i asked, he never leave me alone. Really impressive amplifier. Of course i had some little problems during the years, but the company is really outstanding and fast in replying giving you the right support. Last week i had to replace the tubes and to fix some other minor problems ... i sent emails during the week-end and received answers in few hours !!!! Acom knows how to take care of their costumers even after 12 years !!!!
I don't know how many companies can do the same .... so a big thanks to Vasko all all his staff:Stan, Val and the others who follow us. Thanks guys.
Nowdays on the market you can find a lot of amplifier at the some power level of the Acom2000A, but very few has proved on the field their value year after year, and being followed after so many time from the factory it's really fantastic.Thanks again Acom ! If you are looking for a great,powerfull,solid like a rock amplifier and a company that doesn't leave you alone ... well ACOM 2000A is the right choise.

VE3CFK Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2012 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: more than 12 months
The amplifier and technical support are superb.

I have been an ACOM 2000A owner for 5 years. Have owned many amplifiers - Yaesu Quadra, Heathkit 200 and 220's, home brew 4-1000, 3-500, 4-250, 833 and non compare to the ACOM 2000A. The quality and engineering are second to non. It is quiet, dependable and bullet-proof as far as fault protection. The auto tuning is fast, dependable and faultless. The remote console is a unique feature allowing the amplifier to sit on the floor out of the way and not clutter the operating position.

Recently, I experienced some operational problems with the amplifier. With the help of Jay Terleski of Array Solutions (the North American ACOM sales and technical support company), we jointly trouble shot the amplifier and resolved the problems experienced. We are now back up and running as good as new.

Am I a happy owner of an ACOM 2000A? - YES.

Would I buy another ACOM 2000A - YES without hesitation.

Would I buy it from Array Solutions - YES

Update 2012...still 5/5.
____________________________
Update 2009...still 5/5

I want to revisit my review of December 28, 2000
in giving the Acom 2000A a 5/5.

It's still number one in my book and I still give it a 5/5

my review of December 28, 2000

Over the past several years I have owned a number of different Amplifiers, both solid state and tube type including the Alpha 87A and after using and owning the Acom 2000A rate it heads above all others. I simply love this amp.

The tuning is fast and smooth along with quick automatic band switching. The Acom is simply a plug and play Amp. The unit runs quiet and cool. Although not needed for my type of operation I added the optional cooling fan and find the two fans in the Acom to be so much quieter than my computer fans.

To sum it up, the Acom offers fast simple full automatic tuning, handles SWR’s up to 3 to 1, remote diagnostic capability, RS232 control, first rate components along with quality construction, remoting of amp off the desk with control head on the desk, many protection circuits plus numerous amplifier monitoring functions (Forward and Reflected Power, Drive Power, Bias, DC-Input, VSWR, Temp-F, Temp-R, Screen –V, Plate-RF, Mains Voltage, I-Screen, I-Plate, I-Grid, IF-Rear, IF-Front, High Voltage,Gain, Fil-V, Frequency and more…..all digital)

If you can afford one, buy it.

N2WB Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2012 08:18 Send this review to a friend
A true work of ART...5+++++  Time owned: more than 12 months
With 9 years in and this is still an utterly amazing piece of equipment. No problems at ALL.

The 7800 and 2000a run great.

My unit is on almost "ON" each day...SSB, CW and RTTY.

The remote head (RCU) is fantastic with lots of readings to enjoy while on the "AIR" .... SUPER quiet operation of this amp.

My unit is on the floor next to my desk....

Look for some new products do out soon.

See you on the BANDS!

73 WILD BILL N2WB

DX RULES!!!

*ACOM - Outstanding HF Power Products!!!

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Birthday (11th)  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have now owned this piece of kit for 11 years, bought from Ron Stone of Vine Antennas Ltd in December 2000, delivered in January 2001.
Been to the Middle East and back with me also, (A92HB) it was transported each way in the capable hands of DHL, still running and looking as brand new.
I would never have ever dared to imagine that such a complex piece of equipment would achieve this level of service.
RTTY in the Middle East was something to behold.
Still going strong back in my base in Scotland.
No need to say anymore.

73's,

John - gm6tvr / gm0fqv

W1ZK Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2011 13:18 Send this review to a friend
Powerfull and Quiet  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first saw an Acom 2000A almost 10 years ago. It was very impressive indeed. 1500 watts output yet very quiet. Over the last few years I have gravitated to RTTY for normal QSOs plus contesting. Since 2005 I had been using an ICOM PW-1 with ICOM transceivers. The combo worked great but I was limited to 300-400 watts to keep the PW-1 both cool and "sort of" quiet. The fans went into hyper speed if I called CQ or ran stations for very long.
With the 2011 CQWW RTTY coming up I sent an e-mail to Bob Naumann W5OV at Array Solutions inquiring on 2000A availability. In stock, ready to ship! "I'll take one Bob, ship it!" The amp is all I had expected. Powerfull and quiet. It is also able to withstand SWR on my low band antennas up to 3:1 with ease. I am using it with an Icom 7700. Hit the key for a second and whump - the 2000A is on frequency and tuned. I think this may be my last amp!

K3PA Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2011 17:50 Send this review to a friend
Wow!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned the amp for 7 years now. To summarize, wow!

- Oodles of output
- Good SWR tolerance
- Easy to drive
- Silent
- Trouble free
- Cheap tubes
- Lots of metrics reported

Contests, DX, rough service. No problem. It's expensive. Buy one anyway.

N3MX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2011 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased this amplifier brand new from Array Solutions which provided great sales and service. This is my second ACOM amplifier as I also have the 1000. This Amp is extremely quiet and an absolute pleasure to operate. It really is like having a legal limit transceiver. I hope to have many good years of service from this amp just like my 1000.

N6WIN Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2011 22:44 Send this review to a friend
What more can you ask for?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought this used after 900+ hours were run on it by a local contester/dxer over the past three years. I also enjoy contesting.

Had a seasoned op over for NA Sprint CW who really was impressed with the combination of this amplifier, automatic band decoder, and remote antenna switch box.

I enjoyed working my way back/forth between 40/20/15/10 during the morning on the West Coast during ARRL DX CW & SSB... worked assisted and point and shot my way through over a thousand QSOs... only hard part is reducing drive to not get out of hand as frequency changes (one second operation to adjust RF Pwr dial on FT-2000).

No problems while running CW, SSB, or RTTY. I use mono-banders, but it also tunes my 2 element 40 for 160m... can output 500w before reflected power gets too high.

I can't say enough good things here. It will be with me for a LONG time.

KA7GKN Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2011 20:52 Send this review to a friend
beautiful amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the 2000A now almost 10 years. Recently I finally decided to address the infamous EBS bias crunch. I hesitated and vacillated back and forth, but I finally did the deed!

No more bias crunch and the only obvious parameter change is the amp runs about 20c hotter or 68f.

I only do SSB fidelity audio and I do have the external fan installed. The amp has never exceeded 90c and is still well within the temperature operating parameters.

If I get long winded the external fan kicks in at 90c at a higher speed to increase cooling.

For specific information please visit the Acom 2000A reflector on yahoo.

Martin KA7GKN