Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 2000a Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 2000a
ACOM 2000a Reviews: 96 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $6850 USD
Description: ON4UN demonstrates the ACOM 2000A Automatic HF Linear Amplifier

You can write your own review of the ACOM 2000a.

W2PP Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 17:37 Send this review to a friend
ACOM and RC1216H Remote control   Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my ACOM 2000A for two years and I LOVE it. I sold my Alpha 9500 for this amp and it was a wise choice. Now, I just got the RC1216H, you have to get it direct from Microbit in Sweden but boy was it worth it. The RC 1216H allows you to remotely control the ACOM 2000A over the internet. You have your own web page for the amp, I can say this is ROCK reliable. My son was able to control my ACOM from the middle east tonight!!!! You need the RPON still but with the RC1216H man its a whole new world. Do NOT confuse the RC1216H with the 1216H they are NOT the same.
GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2014 00:54 Send this review to a friend
Words can't explain  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ran my original 2000 for thirteen and a half years without a hitch, decided to sell it recently and purchase the 1500 to cover 6mtrs.
The 2000 was sent off to a well known engineer who checked it out and gave it a 100% clean bill of health before passing it on to it's new owner who bought it from me, posted directly from the test bed.
I took charge of my new 1500 which is superb, but missing the 2000 so much I bought a brand new one with the new style RCU, absolutely brilliant.
Both of these amps are incredible, you will not be disappointed.
LA4UOA Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2014 02:36 Send this review to a friend
SUPER AMP AND TOP SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had many amps in my shack, but no other amp like this one, it is expencive but i am glad i spent my money on it.
It is very easy to use, just remember to do user tunings so it will fit with your antenna, and give you full output.
It is very powerful, have to be very careful not working over the 1kw we have here in Norway.It tunes extremly fast just a dit and it is ready.
Val at Acom have answered all my questions and allways super fast service, thank you Val.
K2LS Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2014 09:52 Send this review to a friend
Still impressed  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 6 years of constant use my amp lost a tube.

The service @ Array solutions was TERRIFIC!

My amp now works like new.

Thanks Bob, Jay etc.

73, Larry
OR5A Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2014 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Simply "the best"  Time owned: more than 12 months
After over 7500 contacts all I can say is that this is simply the best and nicest product for amateur radio on the market. Purchased at Vine UK in November 2012. Great service by Ron. Real gentleman that knows his business.

As stated before by other owners this piece of kit is silent. I get the cold shivers when I hear the vacuum cleaner noise of most competitors. Finish and build quality is second to none. Absolutely top notch.

I have my Acom 2000a interfaced with Microham Station Master. Fantastic combination. Although the amplifier only needs half of a second of input to set band and match the antenna, the Microham station master puts the Acom on the correct band segment when changing VFO of the transceiver. It also makes sure I can not key the Acom 2000a while changing bands or adjusting my dynamic antenna.

The color lcd display is fantastic to look at. Tonnes of information, very nice graphic bars for forward and reflected power. I have Acom Director installed on the shack computer. I now can controle the amplifier over the network (remote) and have a graphic on my screen (like a remote RCU) which is fantastic.

Very well protected against almost everything, very forgiven for not that ideal antennas. Can match antennas up to 3:1 so my dipole on 80 meters lets me cover a bit more khz bandwidth and on 40 meters the Acom covers the entire band, no external tuners needed.

Legal limit power in a state of the art packages does not come cheap. But if you can spare the cash, this is the amplifier your always dreamed of. I did for many years. Recommend it 5 stars.
IW1QN Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2014 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have Buy an Acom2000A.
Amplifier works very very well.
Perfect in any situation.
I add the Externel Fan.
K0MD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned and operated the 2000a for the last 8 months. It is the best amplifier I have ever owned and operated.

It is automatic in the truest since of the word. QSY is nearly instant.

Full power + . I have to monitor output constantly to stay under the 1500 watts limit.

It performs even with imperfect SWR matches.

I have no regrets buying this amp and can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a top tier contesting amplifier.
W6SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2013 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 83,624 plus contest QSOs, my four-year-old ACOM 2000A presented me with a zero-bias fault. New tubes from Array Solutions fixed the problem. Cost $628, which works out to 0.75 cents per contact--a bargain in my book.

Even though I purchased the 2000A direct from K1LZ, Array Solutions gave me super, beyond-the-call-of-duty support, working with me on the phone to isolate the problem. Thank you Jay, Sharon, and Bob.
GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Twelve years.............  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned this piece of kit for over 12 years now, bought from Ron Stone of Vine Antennas Ltd in December 2000, delivered in January 2001.
This same unit has been to the Middle East and back with me,, (A92HB) it was transported each way in the capable hands of DHL, it is still running and looking as brand new.
I would never have ever dared to imagine that such a complex piece of equipment would achieve this level of service.
RTTY in the Middle East was something to behold, all credit to the Acom team for producing kit of this standard and quality, and it continues to give me faultless service in my base in Scotland.
No need to say anymore.

John - gm6tvr / gm0fqv
W0DJC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Flawless to date  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my 2000A for 5 1/2 years now, so I felt it was time to give my two cents on my satisfaction with this piece of equipment. I bought this amp to replace a solid state amp that I was very happy with until it failed on me, for no apparent reason. I made the decision to go back to a tube amp. I had purchased the solid state amp so I could remote in it an adjoining room of my house, as I had downsized my shack. I wanted to be able to do that with an automatic tube amp, and I wanted a remote control head as well. What other choice did I have? Acom deserves all of the kudos of previous positive reviews. This amp has never failed to deliver on its' promise of full legal output with very little drive. Antenna match of up to 3:1? No problem. Overdrive it, or forget to turn the antenna switch after a band change? No problem. When the mistake is made "between the headphones", this amp quietly defaults, waits for you to correct your error, and then happily delivers full power without breaking a sweat.

Like any ham, I couldn't resist looking "under the hood" after my purchase. This is one nicely constructed piece of gear.

Super fast band change, quiet and cool delivery of full legal output, and a bullet proof system to keep the operator from damaging it. What more could you want?

After 5 1/2 years of flawless service, it's only fair that I pass on my satisfaction for this great piece of ham radio gear. I recommend it with no reservations whatsoever.