Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 2000a Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 2000a
ACOM 2000a Reviews: 91 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $6850 USD
Description: ON4UN demonstrates the ACOM 2000A Automatic HF Linear Amplifier
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/

You can write your own review of the ACOM 2000a.

IW1QN Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2014 05:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have Buy an Acom2000A.
Amplifier works very very well.
Perfect in any situation.
I add the Externel Fan.

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely the Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned and operated the 2000a for the last 8 months. It is the best amplifier I have ever owned and operated.

It is automatic in the truest since of the word. QSY is nearly instant.

Full power + . I have to monitor output constantly to stay under the 1500 watts limit.

It performs even with imperfect SWR matches.

I have no regrets buying this amp and can highly recommend it to anyone looking for a top tier contesting amplifier.

W6SX Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2013 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Super Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 83,624 plus contest QSOs, my four-year-old ACOM 2000A presented me with a zero-bias fault. New tubes from Array Solutions fixed the problem. Cost $628, which works out to 0.75 cents per contact--a bargain in my book.

Even though I purchased the 2000A direct from K1LZ, Array Solutions gave me super, beyond-the-call-of-duty support, working with me on the phone to isolate the problem. Thank you Jay, Sharon, and Bob.

GM6TVR Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2013 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Twelve years.............  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned this piece of kit for over 12 years now, bought from Ron Stone of Vine Antennas Ltd in December 2000, delivered in January 2001.
This same unit has been to the Middle East and back with me,, (A92HB) it was transported each way in the capable hands of DHL, it is still running and looking as brand new.
I would never have ever dared to imagine that such a complex piece of equipment would achieve this level of service.
RTTY in the Middle East was something to behold, all credit to the Acom team for producing kit of this standard and quality, and it continues to give me faultless service in my base in Scotland.
No need to say anymore.

73's,

John - gm6tvr / gm0fqv

W0DJC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 17:27 Send this review to a friend
Flawless to date  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my 2000A for 5 1/2 years now, so I felt it was time to give my two cents on my satisfaction with this piece of equipment. I bought this amp to replace a solid state amp that I was very happy with until it failed on me, for no apparent reason. I made the decision to go back to a tube amp. I had purchased the solid state amp so I could remote in it an adjoining room of my house, as I had downsized my shack. I wanted to be able to do that with an automatic tube amp, and I wanted a remote control head as well. What other choice did I have? Acom deserves all of the kudos of previous positive reviews. This amp has never failed to deliver on its' promise of full legal output with very little drive. Antenna match of up to 3:1? No problem. Overdrive it, or forget to turn the antenna switch after a band change? No problem. When the mistake is made "between the headphones", this amp quietly defaults, waits for you to correct your error, and then happily delivers full power without breaking a sweat.

Like any ham, I couldn't resist looking "under the hood" after my purchase. This is one nicely constructed piece of gear.

Super fast band change, quiet and cool delivery of full legal output, and a bullet proof system to keep the operator from damaging it. What more could you want?

After 5 1/2 years of flawless service, it's only fair that I pass on my satisfaction for this great piece of ham radio gear. I recommend it with no reservations whatsoever.

W0AW Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2013 08:12 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
After years with an SB-220, TL-922, and AL-1500, I broke down and bought the ACOM 2000a. I had asked many members of the Twin City DX Assn. about their experience when trying to decide on the ACOM or the Alpha 9500. I have never looked back after purchasing the ACOM four years ago. Not much I can say about service as the unit has never needed repair. I can't get over how quiet the unit is. Even running RTTY, it's hard to tell the unit is on. The unit has protected itself on several occasions when the operator forgot to change antennas. This is the finest piece of Ham Radio gear that I have ever owned.

K7ERQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2012 20:20 Send this review to a friend
EXCEPTIONAL!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The new Acom 2000A is simply wonderful! Ive owned them all...The Emtrons, Alphas, the Commanders, Amp supply, Yaesu, Icom, SPE...If they have been made in the last 15 years Ive owned them and tried them. This Acom 2000A, oh my goodness...Simply EXCEPTIONAL. Quiet, Quiet, Quiet! Quick tune up! Quick band change Simple to use and adjust. I LOVE THE ACOM 2000A. Been hamming 57 years. I am in heaven! You must own one to know! worth very cent!

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 05:49 Send this review to a friend
The "new" Acom2000a with new RCU  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A lot already has been told and written about this (ch)amp. And a champion it is. The build quality is second to none, only the best materials are used and the finish is fantastic. Another big plus is that you can't hear the amplifier working. It is so quiet and even after hours of use the Acom2000a stays cool en quiet.

I've owned two Acom1000's and still own the Expert SPE 1K-FA. The expert maid me looking for the Acom2000a and selling one of my beloved 1000's. Once you get spoiled with all the automation of things, you don't want to go back.

As always I dealt with Ron from Vine UK Antennas. Ron is a real gentleman and takes pride in his work and products. As with my other purchases Ron's support was great. I was the first to get one of Ron's new shipment of "the new Acom2000a". Acom now ships a completely redesigned RCU (remote control unit) that comes in a nice housing (with the same nice finish as the main unit) and a big 5 inch color TFT LCD screen.

Besides the great looking screen some new features are introduced to the RCU and the software has been updated also. One of the most exciting things is that the Acom2000a now supports CAT control from most transceivers while the same RS232 port still remains available on the main unit.

CAT introduction does two things.

1/ The amplifier will follow the radio when the operator dial across the band or when he switches from one band to another. That means that once the amplifier has been tuned up for all band segments and all antennas, the Acom2000a is always ready from the moment the operator changes frequency without even applying RF power.

2/ If setup correctly the new Acom2000a now can be tuned by just pushing a single button on the RCU. The software and CAT will take care of the rest controlling the radio. The greatly reduces the time to tune up the amplifier for the first time or later when needed (changes in antenna conditions). A big advantage is that it has become truly simple to perform the tuning.

On the new RCU a lot (20 different) parameters can be monitored while in standby or while operating. A large, nice colored, led bar provide a visual state of the forwarded power and a bit smaller bar shows the reflected power returned by the antenna. Besides the power led meters the operator can monitor some important items like 'heater' or 'drive power', etc.

A third new feature is that the RCU now lets you control up to ten antennas from the unit itself. A remote antenna selector switch box can be connected to the RCU. The color LCD will show what antenna is selected and if the operator has default or user tuning settings for that antenna. Thanks to CAT the correct antenna will be selected depending on band and frequency.

A nice touch, you can program your own callsign on the big screen.

I've interfaced the Acom2000a with both my IC-7600 and the Microham MKII and Station Master thanks to the Icom CI-V connections. This way the new Acom2000a becomes as automated as possible and the amplifier is always ready when I click on a dx spot in my logger software. I must say that this new features made we wait for the new Acom2000a to arrive and I'm glad I did.

I've looked at different brands but IMHO there comes nothing close to this amplifier when you take all things in consideration. It is hard to beat the Acom2000a and if you can spend the budget, this baby is the one to get. I can not recommend it enough.

I hope to write a follow up review in the next few years. To me, both this Acom2000a and the Acom1000 are the two nicest tube amps on the marked. Both proven to be the best products the last decade. Period.

IK0YVV Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2012 02:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Amplifier and company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using my acom2000a since 2000, so more than 12 years and 12000 hours on. My unit has serial nr 141, so one of the very first built, i used it in many contests ,each mode, even on RTTY for 48 hours it gave me what i asked, he never leave me alone. Really impressive amplifier. Of course i had some little problems during the years, but the company is really outstanding and fast in replying giving you the right support. Last week i had to replace the tubes and to fix some other minor problems ... i sent emails during the week-end and received answers in few hours !!!! Acom knows how to take care of their costumers even after 12 years !!!!
I don't know how many companies can do the same .... so a big thanks to Vasko all all his staff:Stan, Val and the others who follow us. Thanks guys.
Nowdays on the market you can find a lot of amplifier at the some power level of the Acom2000A, but very few has proved on the field their value year after year, and being followed after so many time from the factory it's really fantastic.Thanks again Acom ! If you are looking for a great,powerfull,solid like a rock amplifier and a company that doesn't leave you alone ... well ACOM 2000A is the right choise.

VE3CFK Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2012 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding !  Time owned: more than 12 months
The amplifier and technical support are superb.

I have been an ACOM 2000A owner for 5 years. Have owned many amplifiers - Yaesu Quadra, Heathkit 200 and 220's, home brew 4-1000, 3-500, 4-250, 833 and non compare to the ACOM 2000A. The quality and engineering are second to non. It is quiet, dependable and bullet-proof as far as fault protection. The auto tuning is fast, dependable and faultless. The remote console is a unique feature allowing the amplifier to sit on the floor out of the way and not clutter the operating position.

Recently, I experienced some operational problems with the amplifier. With the help of Jay Terleski of Array Solutions (the North American ACOM sales and technical support company), we jointly trouble shot the amplifier and resolved the problems experienced. We are now back up and running as good as new.

Am I a happy owner of an ACOM 2000A? - YES.

Would I buy another ACOM 2000A - YES without hesitation.

Would I buy it from Array Solutions - YES