Reviews Categories | Microphones | Sadelta Echo Master Plus Classic Help

Reviews Summary for Sadelta Echo Master Plus Classic
Sadelta Echo Master Plus Classic Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $74.49 Euro
Description: Desktop Microphone made in Spain.
More info: http://www.funkversand-kilian.de/

You can write your own review of the Sadelta Echo Master Plus Classic.

KA3RCS Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 02:48 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I remember hearing the audio from these mics many years ago on 11 meters, and always thought they sounded pretty good. When I saw one at a hamfest last summer, I couldn't resist picking it up.

After building a 4-pin to RJ45 adapter cable and cleaning the pots and switches with DeoxIT, I found that I actually had a surprisingly good desk mic for my FT-450 (or FT-817, etc.). It's in pretty good condition, and even has what appears to be the original windscreen (which has apparently not survived on many examples). It actually looks more impressive than a lot of 'real' mics, and is quite solidly constructed overall. The only apparent weak links are the nylon hardware connecting the metal mic boom to the metal base, and supposedly the plastic PTT button, though I have not had a problem with either so far.

I didn't realize until researching these after getting mine that there were so many different Echo Master models (Plus, Plus Classic, Pro, etc.). There are apparently even several different versions of the Echo Master Plus Classic itself which have different meter colors; not sure what else is different about them.

The echo and roger beep circuits are obviously pretty silly for serious communications, but can be disabled completely so nobody on the other end knows the difference. ;)

In summary, for the prices at which these can sometimes be found, it's hard to find a much better deal in terms of a quite decent desk mic.

DU3BKL Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2012 15:30 Send this review to a friend
great microphone!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had the pro version from a friend from Guam. I was really pleased with how the audio sounded and I always get good reports be it ob SSB even on FM.

I used it longer on my Kenwood TM 241. audio has a big punch with just halfway on the mod level.

sold it to a friend and I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it as much as I did.

KF2IB Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2012 10:42 Send this review to a friend
One of the best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
They say it sounds better on solid state rigs than the TUG-8 Astatic D-104. The Sadelta was manufactured in Spain, & was available in the 80's & 90's. It takes a 9 volt battery. Many hams do frown upon the reverb effects & courtesy tone, although. The same mic is available now, but it has the Galaxy brand on it. The Galaxy model wires the same as a Turner Plus Three. I see them on ebay all of the time.

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 18:53 Send this review to a friend
great mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
got the pro edition , and use it with my FT101ZD . works great 73

ZS6DJD Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2011 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Very good mike works on most transcievers  Time owned: more than 12 months
This a CB base mike with ecco chamber from the 1980's .But if you leave the ecco chamber off you get a very clear clean and loud audio to help you break through pile ups and noisy band conditions. I have owned this mike longer than 20 years works well. I believe it's still available new on the net.

DL7ISA Rating: 4/5 Nov 18, 2008 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Useful  Time owned: more than 12 months
It was not as good as the Turner Plus Three I had but still good. The Echo Master Plus Classic I had was better than the Echo Master Plus (wich is a similar Mic but another Model).

KC9GUZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 5, 2008 19:36 Send this review to a friend
Chicken bander mike!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Back when i was into CB radio i had one of these hooked to my Cobra 2000 GTL and it worked suprisingly good. I NEVER used the echo or the roger beep(i though that stuff was idiotic) but the mike was very responsive and had great frequency response. I'd never own one for my ham rigs though but when i had it i liked it quite a lot..

G7VKX Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2004 13:10 Send this review to a friend
High performance - Low Price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one on ebay for 17.50 and have received nothing but compliments from everyone I've spoken to! Outperforms many so-called up market products for a fraction of the price. Very sensitive pickup, crisp,punchy audio - get one soon, you will not be disappointed for the money.

SM6VKC Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2004 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Exelent !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this microphone since my CB-days.
Transcievers that I have used it on:
Kenwood TS-520
Kenwood TS-830
Kenwood TS-570
Icom IC-746
Icom IC-765
Yaesu FT-100D
Yaesu FT-1000MP
Yaesu FT-897D
I have newer had a bad report on my audio using
the Sadelta on those rigs.

DM7IC Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2004 14:44 Send this review to a friend
Oldschool  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sounded always loud and clear. That mic was very sensitive: Altough I speak qiet and soft, I was always understandable even when my signal was very weak. On 40m that Mic sounded deep but with the Equalizer in my FT1000MP Mark5 Field I could compensate that fully and after that the Mic sounded better than the Kenwood MC80 Mic. The Echo and Rogerbeep is suppressible, what means you can use it on Amateurbands without discrediting yourself...