Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna
Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $41.95
Description: It is a 1/4 wave on 2 meters providing 2.15 dBi gain and a 1/2 wave on 440 providing 2.15 dB gain. This antenna can handle up to 100 watts. VSWR is less than 1.5:1.

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna.

N1EZH Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 14:34 Send this review to a friend
One Great Little Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Diamond NR72BNMO on my Pickup Truck for a couple of years now. It works great being able to get into several local 2 Meter Repeaters and I am able to get into a 2 Meter Repeater with it from about 35 miles away on a regular basis! I am able to get into our local 440 Repeater too, although there is limited activity on 440 in our area. The short length makes it perfect for getting into my garage without having to get out of my truck to either remove it or fold it over as with other larger antennas.

WF6J Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Drilled a hole in the Jeep's cab where the roof light is. Except for banging on low hanging beams in some parking lots, it's been working like a charm. Due to pave paws we don't do much 440 out here anymore. Wish they made a 2m only version.
Have used this from the "fringe" and it always gets my signal out.

NC4DK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2010 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Low Profile Roof Mount  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently installed my first "true" roof mount antenna, i.e.:drilling the hole in the roof for the NMO mount. I first used my existing Larsen 2/70, which, by the way, is an excellent antenna. Everything was fine until my first parking deck. No physical damage, but the incessant banging had to go. Enter the NR72BNMO. What a little workhorse! I can't tell any difference in signal strength from the taller antenna. I know I'm getting some advantage from the ground plane provided by the center mount. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone who spends any amount of time in parking decks or other low-clearance areas. The stealthy "cellular" look isn't bad either.

W1TLD Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2010 19:54 Send this review to a friend
I have 2 of them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I liked this antenna so much that I bought a 2nd one. I have had mine for nearly 3 years now and I can honestly say that it's a great antenna! I consistently hit repeaters more than 50 miles away.

WG2N Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2010 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Works great for size  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fits on top of my Sienna mini van and fits in the garage which is great. Have clipped it twice by accident and it bends. Just bend it back. Its quite stiff. Its also nearly invisible, very stealthy. I got an antenna analyzer and tuned it slightly to get SWRs below 1.4 on both bands. final position is about 1/8" from the shortest setting. Pops off easily for the car wash too. I have it mounted towards the rear of the roof and it seems a little directional in the forward direction.

N1IER Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2008 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna,  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can easily hit all of the local repeaters and super low swr across both bands. Replaced a Larsen 2/70 and out performs it, go figure. Price is nice also and Iíve had it for over 6 years and it works like new!

W4AIJ Rating: 1/5 Aug 21, 2007 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Defective ?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these small ant to get in and out of the garage, Unfortunately , that's all it will do. Radio shows power out, but cant even raise the local repeater 7 miles away, and the old 5/8 MFJ magmount brings it up full scale. I bought it after reading these rave reviews, but it now goes in the junk box with all the other stuff that doesnt work well..

KE5EIB Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2007 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna for an adjustable NMO mount on the trunk lip for a Pontiac GTP. It does have the look of a cell phone antenna, and by using the stainless adjustable lip mount I was able to straighten it to a vertical position. Of coarse with the shortened size, and being on the trunk, it has some limits. But I compared it with an antenex dual band on the roof of my pick-up,communicating with some folks 70 miles away. They could not tell which one I was using. So all in all I say it's great and very nice looking but doesn't look like a ham.

K4III Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2007 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Great little package!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased one of these antennas. I mounted it in the back side of the roof (not to intefere with the sunroof) with a permanent hole, teflon, brass nmo mount. There was hardly any difference compared to a quarterwave on the ham 2m band! (Both on tx and rx) I do not know how it compares on 440, there aren't any repeaters in operation right now. The bandwidth is a lot narrower though than a simple quarterwave whip. A quarterwave whip has about 20Mhz bandwidth, this one covers simply the ham 2m band adequately, say about 4-5Mhz with decent SWR. This antenna is a great antenna for those using only the ham band, but don't expect to transmit MURS, GMRS or high band commercial without high SWR. And if you try to cut it down or adjust it, it ruins the 440 tuning. You kind of have to "balance" it out just right for ham use. I would recommend it for ham use only. If you are looking to cover business and ham, purchase a ham 1/4 wave and cut it down to around 18.5 inches. This should cover 144.8 to 159.0 Mhz with about 1.6:1 SWR on each end.

KE5EIB Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2006 02:06 Send this review to a friend
amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this antenna for a month now. Of coarse being only 14" tall, it can have a disadvantage with some installations,example: trunk lip mount. But having said that, there is a very, very small difference in both receive and transmit performance, when comparing it to a much taller antenna. When installed on a vehicle roof, I could not detect any difference in performance. The installation instructions say that it should not be used on a magnet mount. It requires a solid ground installation. It has a look that compares to a cell phone antenna.