Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna
Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $41.95
Description: It is a 1/4 wave on 2 meters providing 2.15 dBi gain and a 1/2 wave on 440 providing 2.15 dB gain. This antenna can handle up to 100 watts. VSWR is less than 1.5:1.

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna.

W7MAG Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2014 20:11 Send this review to a friend
10 years and running  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this over 10 years ago and
'temporarily' installed it on a mag
mount on the roof of my wife's minivan.
I never did get around to doing
a permanent install.

So over 10 years and 200k+ miles later,
it's still working great. The SWR is
still good and I'm happy with it.

AE9C Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2014 18:33 Send this review to a friend
None Better..!! AE9C  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have this antenna on my Jeep for about 3 years,, works very well for its size..A big antenna in a small package !! Have a Diamond X50 for My base, cant beat em ! Diamond Quality...Money well spent.

N1EZH Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 14:34 Send this review to a friend
One Great Little Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Diamond NR72BNMO on my Pickup Truck for a couple of years now. It works great being able to get into several local 2 Meter Repeaters and I am able to get into a 2 Meter Repeater with it from about 35 miles away on a regular basis! I am able to get into our local 440 Repeater too, although there is limited activity on 440 in our area. The short length makes it perfect for getting into my garage without having to get out of my truck to either remove it or fold it over as with other larger antennas.

WF6J Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Drilled a hole in the Jeep's cab where the roof light is. Except for banging on low hanging beams in some parking lots, it's been working like a charm. Due to pave paws we don't do much 440 out here anymore. Wish they made a 2m only version.
Have used this from the "fringe" and it always gets my signal out.

NC4DK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2010 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Low Profile Roof Mount  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently installed my first "true" roof mount antenna, i.e.:drilling the hole in the roof for the NMO mount. I first used my existing Larsen 2/70, which, by the way, is an excellent antenna. Everything was fine until my first parking deck. No physical damage, but the incessant banging had to go. Enter the NR72BNMO. What a little workhorse! I can't tell any difference in signal strength from the taller antenna. I know I'm getting some advantage from the ground plane provided by the center mount. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone who spends any amount of time in parking decks or other low-clearance areas. The stealthy "cellular" look isn't bad either.

W1TLD Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2010 19:54 Send this review to a friend
I have 2 of them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I liked this antenna so much that I bought a 2nd one. I have had mine for nearly 3 years now and I can honestly say that it's a great antenna! I consistently hit repeaters more than 50 miles away.

WG2N Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2010 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Works great for size  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Fits on top of my Sienna mini van and fits in the garage which is great. Have clipped it twice by accident and it bends. Just bend it back. Its quite stiff. Its also nearly invisible, very stealthy. I got an antenna analyzer and tuned it slightly to get SWRs below 1.4 on both bands. final position is about 1/8" from the shortest setting. Pops off easily for the car wash too. I have it mounted towards the rear of the roof and it seems a little directional in the forward direction.

N1IER Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2008 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna,  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can easily hit all of the local repeaters and super low swr across both bands. Replaced a Larsen 2/70 and out performs it, go figure. Price is nice also and Iíve had it for over 6 years and it works like new!

W4AIJ Rating: 1/5 Aug 21, 2007 22:13 Send this review to a friend
Defective ?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one of these small ant to get in and out of the garage, Unfortunately , that's all it will do. Radio shows power out, but cant even raise the local repeater 7 miles away, and the old 5/8 MFJ magmount brings it up full scale. I bought it after reading these rave reviews, but it now goes in the junk box with all the other stuff that doesnt work well..

KE5EIB Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2007 12:29 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna for an adjustable NMO mount on the trunk lip for a Pontiac GTP. It does have the look of a cell phone antenna, and by using the stainless adjustable lip mount I was able to straighten it to a vertical position. Of coarse with the shortened size, and being on the trunk, it has some limits. But I compared it with an antenex dual band on the roof of my pick-up,communicating with some folks 70 miles away. They could not tell which one I was using. So all in all I say it's great and very nice looking but doesn't look like a ham.