Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna
Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $41.95
Description: It is a 1/4 wave on 2 meters providing 2.15 dBi gain and a 1/2 wave on 440 providing 2.15 dB gain. This antenna can handle up to 100 watts. VSWR is less than 1.5:1.

You can write your own review of the Diamond NR72BNMO 2 meter and 70 cm mobile antenna.

KD9IAQ Rating: 0/5 Aug 9, 2017 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Looks great but not recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is small and looks great and looks to be of quality build, however its electrical functionality is grossly unacceptable, I do not recommend the purchase of this antenna. These antennas perform well on 70 cm with about 1/8 watt reflected, however on 2 meter the reflected power is practically "off the chart" at a whopping 12 watts!

My project called for two of these antennas but I initially purchased only one to try out to see if I liked it before investing in two, but discovered the reflected issue I assumed it was a single defective antenna, warranty claim, so because I liked the look of the antenna so much I decided to purchase two more. So now having THREE of these NR72BNMO antennas I found them all doing the same thing, upon investigation the cause was not the installation or a grounding issue, most likely an issue in the antenna design. They have since been sent back to Ham Radio Outlet for a refund and forwarded on to Diamond for inspection.

For those of you who already own one of these NR72BNMO antennas and think they are absolutely awesome/perfect, you might want to check your antenna's reflected power with a "quality grade" meter, you might be highly surprised at what you observe on that meter...

N5CSU Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Antemna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this antenna on the roof of my Subaru Forester for over 10 years and have been very pleased with its performance on both 2M and 440. I also have a Diamond NR770HNMOB, which is almost 3 times its size. With side by side comparison with users on fringe repeaters, there is almost no difference! Incredible performance!

KJ1H Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2015 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Requires good ground, then works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use a trunk lip mount on my Subaru BRZ, and bought this antenna for its low profile that wouldn't make my car look like an R/C toy. When I first installed it, performance was terrible. My radio even shut down when I tried to transmit on high power. I investigated and discovered that I had not properly grounded my trunk lip mount all the way through the paint to bare metal. which the antenna's documentation is very clear is required. That was entirely my fault, not Diamond's. I reattached the mount, making sure to screw through the paint to bare metal, and instantly the antenna worked perfectly on both 2m and 70cm, from one end of each band to the other. I can get into and receive all of my local repeaters, up to and including on high power.

Diamond is serious that this antenna absolutely requires an excellent ground to function properly. They are absolutely correct. You can't use this with a magmount, or a bad ground. But as long as your ground connection touches bare metal, you should be fine.

W5GSR Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2015 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this antenna on the roof of my 2002 Toyota Tundra and it works great very low swr on both bands.I can work the repeaters in my area even some that are 30 miles away.

W7MAG Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2014 20:11 Send this review to a friend
10 years and running  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this over 10 years ago and
'temporarily' installed it on a mag
mount on the roof of my wife's minivan.
I never did get around to doing
a permanent install.

So over 10 years and 200k+ miles later,
it's still working great. The SWR is
still good and I'm happy with it.

AE9C Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2014 18:33 Send this review to a friend
None Better..!! AE9C  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have this antenna on my Jeep for about 3 years,, works very well for its size..A big antenna in a small package !! Have a Diamond X50 for My base, cant beat em ! Diamond Quality...Money well spent.

N1EZH Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 14:34 Send this review to a friend
One Great Little Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Diamond NR72BNMO on my Pickup Truck for a couple of years now. It works great being able to get into several local 2 Meter Repeaters and I am able to get into a 2 Meter Repeater with it from about 35 miles away on a regular basis! I am able to get into our local 440 Repeater too, although there is limited activity on 440 in our area. The short length makes it perfect for getting into my garage without having to get out of my truck to either remove it or fold it over as with other larger antennas.

WF6J Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 15:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Drilled a hole in the Jeep's cab where the roof light is. Except for banging on low hanging beams in some parking lots, it's been working like a charm. Due to pave paws we don't do much 440 out here anymore. Wish they made a 2m only version.
Have used this from the "fringe" and it always gets my signal out.

NC4DK Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2010 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Low Profile Roof Mount  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently installed my first "true" roof mount antenna, i.e.:drilling the hole in the roof for the NMO mount. I first used my existing Larsen 2/70, which, by the way, is an excellent antenna. Everything was fine until my first parking deck. No physical damage, but the incessant banging had to go. Enter the NR72BNMO. What a little workhorse! I can't tell any difference in signal strength from the taller antenna. I know I'm getting some advantage from the ground plane provided by the center mount. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone who spends any amount of time in parking decks or other low-clearance areas. The stealthy "cellular" look isn't bad either.

NV8G Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2010 19:54 Send this review to a friend
I have 2 of them  Time owned: more than 12 months
I liked this antenna so much that I bought a 2nd one. I have had mine for nearly 3 years now and I can honestly say that it's a great antenna! I consistently hit repeaters more than 50 miles away.