Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna
Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna Reviews: 18 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: It provides gain of 2.15 dBi/2.15dBi. VSWR 1.5 : 1 or less. This antenna can handle up to 50 watts. It has a black, cellular appearance.

You can write your own review of the Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna.

W7RKN Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2014 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Superb Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
First one purchased was for use on my black show car..it was unobtrusive and easily slipped into the trunk at the shows. Now, one is a permanent fixture on the back of my Corvette....I am an APRS affectionado and this little antenna has no problems picking up digipeaters anywhere I have gone. I cannot expound on the qualities of this little antenna enough. BTW..the model I use is the B-10NMO.

VA3KAI Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2014 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Good back-up for urban trips  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this for 5+ years on my former second vehicle and now on trips to the city in my SantaFe. Not as good on 2M as a 5/8 antenna, but pretty good on 70cm. Fits into most downtown garages, airport parking, etc. without having to take it off my magmount. Accept it for what it is!

KV4BL Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2014 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had one as a NMO roof mount on my 07 Hyundai for seven years now. It performs very well especially given its small size. It is low enough that it doesn't snag objects yet performs very well on 2m and 440 MHz. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

K5RHD Rating: 1/5 Oct 23, 2014 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Perfect size, cheaply built  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like many mentioned, I bought this to solve the issue of getting into my garage while still having good dual band performance. This antenna will do that. But, one run through the car wash and it broke in half. Antenna lasted less than 2 weeks.

K6NJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2011 09:52 Send this review to a friend
This is a great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have two of these antennas. Both are on vehicles that need to clear the garage door. One is mounted to my Nissan Frontier with a NMO roof mount, the other is on an Acura MDX with a magnetic roof mount. The antenna is well constructed and very low profile. Both perform very well and I have not been able to tell much difference between this antenna and a 5/8 wave when I switch them!

WA6BFH Rating: 2/5 Oct 21, 2009 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Just another product  Time owned: months
I liked a varient of this antenna that I used with a 40 and 15 Meter handi-talkie!

KB1MGF Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2009 14:13 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mounted on the rack of my Grand Cherokee it still fits in the 7' garage door. Performance is better than I would expect for a small antenna. After several years of use, a maple snagged the coil and ripped it in two. Oh well.

N1KSN Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2009 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Works well for me.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna so I could drive my old Ford Explorer into the garage without either (1) removing or folding over a longer antenna, or (2) forgetting the antenna and hearing a "clunk" as the antenna flops over onto the vehicle's roof after hitting the top of the garage door.

I have been quite pleased with its performance for driving around town and getting into the usual repeaters, none of which is more than 15 miles distant. I am able to keep the rig on 5 watts, too. The large metal roof of the Explorer can't hurt, of course.

So I give it a 5 for doing what I'd expect from a compromise dual band antenna and for having decent construction quality.

KF6UME Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2009 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the B-10 on my Jeep using the Comet RS-730 lip mount. The SWR was below 1.5 across the 2 meter band. I swapped the antenna with a 5/8 wave and received identical signal reports using simplex at 5 miles distance over hilly terrain. I prefer the B-10 over my 5/8 due primarily due to size and 70cm capability.

N8EKT Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2008 16:52 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Slightly less performance than 1/4 wave on 2 meters.
Excellent performance on 440.