Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna
Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: It provides gain of 2.15 dBi/2.15dBi. VSWR 1.5 : 1 or less. This antenna can handle up to 50 watts. It has a black, cellular appearance.

You can write your own review of the Comet B-10 dual band mobile antenna.

W4AMP Rating: 0/5 Nov 18, 2007 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Dog  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Used it as a back of set antenna with a 90 degree uhf adapter on an Yaesu FT897. Was on a trip in Key West using the batteries in the rig which do 20 watts vhf and 10 watts uhf. Antenna failed first day. Had it replaced next trip to HRO which is almost a 100 miles from here. Still have second antenna in bag for an emergency, hope it does not fail again. Bought a Comet SBB7 the same day, it just failed as well. Obviously no quality control at Comet. Ten years ago they made solid antennas. Not any more.

KC0CDX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2006 12:35 Send this review to a friend
pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for about 4 years, and in the metro and surrounding areas it works very well for repeater work. In addition to performance, it looks nice, doesn't attract a lot of attention, and allows me to get into parking garages, etc without removing it. It has held up very well in extreme Minnesota weather.

K5HDM Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2006 17:19 Send this review to a friend
My Comet B-10 NMO  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the NMO mount B-10. This is an amazing antenna. I have a sporty car that doesn't even have a FM radio antenna, so looks are important.. but having something that works well is just as important. I have tried many different dual band antennas, and this actually works better than some of the longer antennas i've tried. This antenna works great, and I'd suggest to anyone, even if the antenna size isn't a factor.

N4DMJ Rating: 4/5 Mar 4, 2006 21:12 Send this review to a friend
Works Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently replaced a 60" dual band Comet with the "little" 12" Comet B-10 and I must say that I am completely pleased with its performance thus far. The best part is no more having to fold over the antenna to go though the bank drive through, no more trimming tree limbs with the antenna, etc., etc., etc. The only drawback I have found is that it seems a little pricey. Other than that I would have given it a "5" across the board.

N4SJW Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2005 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I needed a very small antenna to put on the top of my Honda CR-V to get into a parking garage. This was the only antenna in NMO mount (or any other) to fit the mag mount on top of the roof and clear the low hanging pipes and my home garage. I've been pleasantly surprised - works quite well as an all around dual bander. Can't tell much difference to the Diamond 15 in antenna and that certainly will not fit in the garage. The nice thing abt it is that the little black antenna is very discrete, hardly noticable against the dark blue paint. And its a Comet?!

NW7N Rating: 4/5 Feb 16, 2005 00:48 Send this review to a friend
Decent given its size  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my B-10 in 2000. This little gem is a decent antenna, and has decent build quality. While I completely doubt any claims to real gain (okay, I'll give you dBi), it sure has held up in some nasty weather.
This antenna gets a 4 due to the high price.

K4PBN Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2004 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Great compact dual band mobile antenna. Works as good as 1/4 w  Time owned: more than 12 months
Although this dual band antenna is approx. 12" long, it performs just as well as 1/4 wave on 2 meters and has some gain on 440. It is small and ideal for car rooftop mounting and looks like a cellular antenna. I've changed it out with 1/4 wave antennas and noticed no difference.
A great value in my opinion