Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Beltronics, Inc. Help

Reviews Summary for Beltronics, Inc.
Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $All work @ $75.00 an hour
Description: Ham Radio repair for East Coast Hams! Run by Hams and located in Hollis, NH.

NOTE: May 2010 - Beltronics no longer repairing amateur radio equipment

More info: http://www.beltronics.net/Amateur.htm

You can write your own review of the Beltronics, Inc..

W3LI Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2006 07:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding, Outstanding. The best for my dollar.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Absolutly outstanding from my first phone call to them. The radio was repaired and returned to me within a few days of them receiving the part from Kenwood. Dick emailed me and ask if I wanted them to upgrade the firmware while waiting for parts. I did and they did. I knew that Dick looked the radio over and wanted to make it better than it was.
I would highly recomend Beltronics, inc. I will return to them in the future.
Thanks Dick, John and all the staff.
Check out their web site and follow the diections there. www.beltronics.net
Thanks, W3LI

K2LGO Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2006 17:53 Send this review to a friend
GOT THE JOB DONE  Time owned: months
HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE VHF SIDE OF MY ALINCO DR-605...SENT IT UP TO DICK & JOHN, AND THE ONLY PROBLEM THEY HAD WAS GETTING PARTS FROM ALINCO..AFTER THE PARTS WE'RE ACQUIRED, THEY GOT THE RADIO IN GREAT SHAPE & I BELIEVE THEIR PRICES WE'RE IN LINE (ESPECIALLY COMPARED TO GAS PRICES)..I WOULDN'T HESITATE TO DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN...I HAVE MET DICK IN PERSON AT SEVERAL FIELD DAYS, SO I KNOW THAT THE THERE ARE REAL HAMS AT BELTRONICS..K2LGO

K1XM Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2005 18:09 Send this review to a friend
I'm impressed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I do most of my radio repair myself. But I thought my FT-1000mp had a sensitivity problem which I could not deal with because I don't have the test equipment.

I brought it to Beltronics. They were friendly, easy to deal with, and they found and fixed the problem quickly.

I would use them again.

WB9JOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2005 22:23 Send this review to a friend
great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Im every happy with the repair and turn around time.Price for repairs and parts what you would expect.I will send all my repairs to them in the future. Highly recommend them.

KN6OT Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2005 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Very satisfied  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They helped plumb my car with DC to the trunk to run my mobile rig. Took all of 15 minutes and it was easy on the wallet. I'll be seeing them again! 73

N1API Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2005 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great service and great turaround time. My station was hit by lighting and most everything, (3 radios, power supply, 3 TNCs, 2 computers, one monitor, my phone and even my printer and my tower, (which finally fell over), either destroyed or damaged.

I was dreading sending my 1000 MP MK V back to CA mostly becuase of the time it takes, (ground) from CT and their back log of work. This happened the second week in July and I really wanted the radio back for the 10-10 Contest the first weekend of August.

HRO in NH suggested Beltronics. I called them and talked to one of the techs, (also a ham), told him what the radio was doing, (seemed to light all fuctions OK but no rcv or xmit signal). He seemed to know what the problem was and that the radio was not toast.

The radio went out on a Wednesday, they got it on Thursday, (1 day UPS from CT to NH). Well, on the Monday before the contest they emailed me and said the radio is ready call with my card number. Price was reasonable, (hey everyones expensive these days.)

The radio arrived Tuesday, (UPS banged the box up bad but the radio was packed great), and I was on the air for the Tuesday Club Net.

Guess where I'll go if I ever need this radio serviced again?

Thanks Beltronics!!

-73- Al

n1api (at) cox.net

KF9WV Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2005 08:57 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: months
excellent turn around,my TS 850S is now performing like a new rig,many thanks to the service of beltronics, KF9WV

N1EJH Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2005 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Bring it on ATTATUDE  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had no less than six rigs repaired by the oricles at Beltronics. [John & Dick]They are all knowing and seeing. Seriously, you won't find a finer bunch of people. The work is top notch,completed in a timely fashion, and they follow up with you as to the work they have done.What I like best is they are real HAM;S not just tech's. They understand you want it done NOW!Your rig will come back better than you expect! I would not send my stuff to anyone else, and you can't forget Diane at the front desk. She takes your money with a BIG smile,she is a sweet heart. TRY IT YOU'll LIKE IT!! Thanks for your service KB1LJJ Ed Hendershaw

N1GIZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2004 04:26 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Icom746 non pro stopped tx so I assumed the famous ic-151 had quit. I replaced
It with one from Icom I then fired it up and nothing?. My trouble shooting skills leave a lot to
be desired so I did the smart thing and brought it to Beltronics . John Rose (WW1Z)kept me
Up to date with progress on the rig by email, I got the rig back and itís running
Great! no problems whatsoever . They did a great job fixing it and the price was very reasonable.

W1CQD Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2004 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent repair by thinking hams.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm writing this reveiw after two experiences with Beltronics. I dealt with Dick, W1ZC. After scheduling a send-in for my IC-745 which was had no output in CW, I shipped in on a Tuesday, Ground UPS and they had it the next morning -- all for $9 including insurance. When I got it back in about 2 weeks, not only was the problem fixed, but the power output in all modes was up by 25%! In addition to fixing it, they aligned it and generally tweaked the performance.

I then sent in my FT-920 which was behaving totally erratically on startup -- pushing its own buttons, etc. As Dick said, "no charge for head-scratching!" This one took longer because they had to watch it day after day until they got a feel for its behavior. I got it back in three weeks in perfect working order.

It is really comforting to be able to ship a 33lb. radio, insured, for $15 and know that it is going to get there overnight. Not bouncing around the country, out to Texas, Washington, or California for days.

The cost of both repairs was well under $200. The main thing to do is contact Dick, W1ZC prior to sending anything--describe the problem and ask when the best time is to send it. I think you will be happy.