Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu G-1000DXC Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu G-1000DXC
Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.4/5 MSRP: $600
Description: Medium/Heavy Duty Rotator
More info: http://www.yaesu.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Yaesu G-1000DXC.

DD4DA Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2015 15:17 Send this review to a friend
It does the job, not more  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own the Rotor and Controller since 3 Years and move a Havy duty 5 Band Spider beam in 11m and use the bearing GS-065 to stablize the antenna. The Antenna will be moved different Speeds that's related by the angle distance of the source and destionation. The speed adjustment is done by a regular voltage Variation. PWM is not used because the Motor uses bushes that will be burned and damaged using it longer.
The greatest disadvantage is the Speed Control it selfs. If the Motor rotates at full Speed, it stops immediates if you remove yopur fingers from the direction Switch on the Controller. If the antenna contruction is heavy,the torque at the breaking torque will damage the entire contruction - sooner or later. Yaesu call them "K-Factor" and this is very limited. You need to keep sense about this factor and it's a good idea to save some "K" as reserve.
I had build me a sub-Controller that's reduces the Speed, if the rotator starts or stops.
Greater Antenna constructions like a Quad or a massive yagi antennas requires a different rotator as this G1000.
I would attempt to use a G2800DXC that's uses a microcontroller and start or stops with lower Speeds.

HG5AZR Rating: 0/5 Jun 6, 2015 15:52 Send this review to a friend
awful control box  Time owned: more than 12 months

After same years control box failed,lot of smd part,rubber ring,sensisitiv for static charging nearby.Antennas direction and rotors direction was different.I try to calibrate at back side of control box,after I had a problem I set pot to max.
Yaesu suggested to buy a new board.After same weeks I got information no parts,board available.
I need to buy a new box.I asked yaesu but not possible,selling only with rotor.I never buy yaesu again.

W8QW Rating: 3/5 Oct 13, 2014 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Failed CCW Rotation  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was given one of these units and so far I am not impressed. Unit is approximately 5 years old and was turning a TH-11DX antenna. The programmable CCW rotation is inop as well as the dial indicator. CCW rotation takes place manually. CW rotation works fine and the variable rotation speed is ok as well. But as it stands the rotor is inop. Not sure if I will repair or buy new, because repair costs are more than a bit expensive.

KK5DR Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2014 11:49 Send this review to a friend
Still going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used my G-1000DXC for 7 years with my Tennadyne T-12 LPDA, no problems. This antenna has a 30 foot boom, so turning torque and wind stresses are huge on the rotor. The antenna actually fell apart, all the elements broke off, but the rotor never gave up.
Now I have a SteppIR yagi on it, for the last 5 years.
It's still is going strong.

OR5A Rating: 4/5 Oct 10, 2014 21:47 Send this review to a friend
Controller failed after 3 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
The rotator in the tower still works fine after 3 years of daily service. But about a month ago the controller started failing on me. First the speed control circuit failed. At present time only full speed is possible. This gives some stress on both the rotator in the tower and the antennas. I loved the ramping up and down when starting and stopping the antennas. Last week the CCW (counter clockwise) rotation failed to. Luckily I have the ERC controller connected and interfaced with my computer so I still can turn the antennas both ways using my software.

Repairs are in order and I'm not sure that I want them to be done since the price of the repairs with the rotator being out of warranty will be to high compared to the price for a new one. I will wait but I'm starting to shop for other brands to.

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 05:59 Send this review to a friend
affordable, decent rotator  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the G-1000DXC on a 55ft tower to rotate a 9 element HF Optibeam and vertical dualbander on top. This configuration is even less than 50% of the maximum load of this rotator when mounted inside a tower. The G-1000DXC is fast. In highest gear it turns my antennas 360 in 30 seconds. Most of the time I run it at 50% speed. Brake is strong and the rotator with the beams have no problem with storm winds up to 100 km/h or more. I use the rotator in conjunction with the G-65 bearing.

I really like the built in interface. No need for external interfaces or hardware. Just run a 6-wire cable to the FT or FTDX series of transceivers and you have remote control. From inside logger32 I let PSTrotator (great piece of software) track the commands being transported trough the FT-950 to the G-1000DXC controller. A neath setup that works very well with no additional hardware. Fantastic.

So far the G-1000DXC worked as advertised and I hope it will do that for years to come. I think the G-1000DXC is an affordable rotator capable of turning midsize to larger antenna systems used by most hams. For very large arrays I think only large heavy duty rotators will do.

A great rotator for a reasonable price, well supported by most software. Recommended.

OE1SOW Rating: 3/5 Dec 25, 2010 00:48 Send this review to a friend
my summer-rotator...  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine some years ago and it works fine...except when the temperature drops below
0C. Then the G-1000 needs about 20-30 sec. to
"warm up" and to start turning.
Last autuum I disassembled the rotor, to replace the grease with a commercial one which is good for -60C, but this did not help. Still needs a lot of time to start running at low temperatures.
I'm using an upper bearing GS-065 which carrys all the load of the Mosley TA-53m, 5-el. 6m-beam and a small 2m/70cm/23cm vertical, so the G-1000 is not really "under load".

But...I would buy another one, because I think that this is not a problem of all G-1000.

73, merry christmas to all.
Othmar, OE1SOW

G4OBK Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2004 02:43 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Somewhere along the line Yaesu replaced the G-1000SDX with the G-1000DXC. I bought a DXC model in June 2002 and she is still going strong turning a 10 ele log periodic and long top band vertical 10m long above the beam, which is at 18m AGL. I did also have a G-1000SDX - the control unit has just gone U/S after 10 years (in Feb 2004) use, so I decided that as there was also wear in the rotator to buy a replacement - another G-1000DXC. I always use a bearing in the top of the rotor cage to preserve longevity. These units are expensive - I could buy two washing machines for the price of one rotator! The control unit on the DXC has a few refinements over the SDX - it seems less prone to RFI in the control unit when QRV. The rotor unit looks identical to the older SDX.

So yes, I would and did buy another G-1000DXC rotator again.