Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Alberto Frattini magnetic iambic Help

Reviews Summary for Alberto Frattini magnetic iambic
Alberto Frattini magnetic iambic Reviews: 21 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $approx 438 USD
Description: Exclusive hand made iambic paddle. Protected polished brass with magnetic returns.
contact Alberto at i1qod@inwind.it
More info: http://www.i1qod.it

You can write your own review of the Alberto Frattini magnetic iambic.

IW0FSF Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2008 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Exceptional!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Really a superb masterpiece.

This key is an incredible concentrate of quality, functionality and beauty.

It's done with high level materials like brass, inox steel, silver. And his design is so original, no other iambic key is like this one.

Is confortable to use and run without problems to the high speed.

I'm very satisfied and proud to be owner of this masterpiece.

N6TZV Rating: 5/5 Oct 13, 2006 18:21 Send this review to a friend
A wonderful piece of craftsmanship  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was fortunate to find my Frattini used here on eham. A great bargain and a wonderful instrument. I won't repeat all the comments that have already been made. But, I needed some adjustment information, and Alberto was just an email away. He was very helpful.

I have been very pleased with their operation and feel, and the settings can be very finely adjusted, and stay where you put them. I compare them to many past paddles from Brown Bros. and the ubiquitous Benchers, to Kent, and just recently a set of MacPaddles. They are right in there with the best of the best.

If you get them you won't be dissappointed.

Ken N6TZV

W2ST Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2005 11:48 Send this review to a friend
A beautiful instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of the all-time great paddles, as others have already said, and Alberto has improved it once again in this latest version.

It is surely one of the most beautiful keys ever made, rivalled only by Alberto's own semi-magnetico, which I also have the pleasure of owning. The quality of fit and finish is absolutely perfect.

In performance terms, it stands up to all the leading contenders, including Begali, Mercury and Hensley. The suspension -- from what I can see -- is not ball or sleeve bearing, but in its revised form, it is both tight and smooth.

An outstanding paddle, at a price well below its real value, from a real gentleman and CW lover. What more can you ask?

IK1LBL Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2005 13:13 Send this review to a friend
The best !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recive my new A.F. I1QOD key fews qso a go :-)
Is simply fantastic ! mine is N. 0090
Unfortunately my english is too poor to whrite a full review but i agree 100% whith others owners of this outstanding piece of art !
Alberto is also a good comunicator and him phone me when the kay is ready for shipment and my back when i have recived the key.
Fews second for my personal regulations and i'm going on the air!
Very sweet touch...
Perfect construction !
I have no words !!! take one on yours hands and you fall in love immediatly !

AB2EZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2004 07:11 Send this review to a friend
A fine instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have Frattini paddle number 0063. I agree with the previous reviews that this paddle is both a thing of beauty and a joy to use.

As a 24 wpm (logikey K-3 keyer) operator... I take pride in sending well-spaced, error-free code, and my goal is to be able to have long CW QSOs without making any errors. Speed is not my objective.

I set this paddle up for very close spacing (using the method described in one of the other reviews)... so that I can barely see or feel any paddle movement.

I found the paddle to be very easy for me to get adjusted to... and it is a little like driving an Italian sports car. I find my (error-free) sending speed creeping up... unless I make a conscious effort to keep it down.

The physical design is superb. It is both a work of art and a great engineering design. It is no accident that this paddle can maintain very close contact spacing over time (and temperature changes).

Alberto is a true gentleman, and a pleasure to do business with. He kept me informed of the progress, and delivered the paddle to me in just a few weeks.

This is a great paddle, which will provide many hours of very enjoyable CW operation at this station every month.

Best regards
AB2EZ

IK0YGJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2004 06:20 Send this review to a friend
A Masterpiece  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After playing around with the one that Claudio IK0XCB has, I decided to order to Alberto one of these incredible handicraft.
The making took about a month, but the wait was absolutely worth.
Alberto is one of the fastest CW operator of the world and he perfectly knows what is needed to make a perfect QRQ key and, last but not least, how to make a beautiful handicraft.
Let's start from the surface: I unpacked Alberto's masterpiece, with my callsign engraved on a side, and I stayed for a good couple of minute staring the incredible beauty I had in my hands. I will not go on describing it, you can watch it with your own eyes here:

Then I hooked up the key, called Claudio IK0XCB to make some test and, surprise, I jumped from keying from 25-30 WPM to 40-42 WPM !
Now I regularly QSO/DX at around 45-50 WPM: unbelievable.
The keying is so crisp, the adjustments are so fine, the key itself stays perfectly put on the desk that it yields an immediate jump of quality in your sending.
What is incredible is how versatile the key is: when I need to QRS I just turn the keyer speed control and I can slow down around the 15 WPM area without strain.
I would say that Alberto is rather underextimating the value of this key: it should stay on a price range far above.

Bottom line: Alberto's key is a masterpiece that will improve your CW ability in few days and take the center stage of your shack. Furthermore, the key is rather exclusive and rare, mine is number 62, as you can guess, there will be not so many of these wonders in the coming years ...

IK0XCB Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2004 06:56 Send this review to a friend
Powerfull !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Excellent!!!
Equilibrium and speed, Alberto has shown that they can be together.

N2DE Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2004 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the pleasure of using Albertos straight key and his magnetic bug for a while now, and I couldn't resist the temptation to get his iambic, too.

This paddle is outstanding in every respect, and in my book it is among the finest five paddles that have ever been made at any price.

It has the finish of a piece of jewelry, and the construction and design could only have been conceived by a cw man like Alberto.

Get one before Alberto figures out what a realistic price could be. You will not regret it, even if your table is already as well stocked with other world class paddles as mine.

NZ7C Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2004 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Very fine instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Somehow I have become addicted to quality paddles and I must say that this paddle is beautiful. The finishing and workmanship is superb. It is extremely easy to set to your own preference and is mechanically perfect. I now have a Schurr Proffi II, a Begali Signature Classic, and Alberto's Iambic Magnetic. I treasure them all as wonderful examples of the finest in key making. I prefer to operate the Begali over the other two - but that is just my taste. The finest finishing is on the Frattini - so it's the most fun to look at!

KT5X Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2004 01:16 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a GREAT paddle! Doc, K7SO, brought it over for me to check out. What a delight. It is handsome, and precise. I like to adjust a paddle so closely it may not be felt to even move. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of paddles I have used that will adjust this closely and hold the adjustment. This is one of those. I was skeptical at first of the lock nut system for securing an adjustment. Generally the adjustment moves when you tighten a locknut and it is no longer suitable. Here is how I made it work. I adjusted the contact screw until it just made contact, then I tightened the lock nut. Doing so pulled the contacts apart just a tiny bit. Perfect! The levers are short and light and present very little mass to overcome, so the motion is quick and effortless. I guess it should be no surprise that a 60 wpm telegrapher as Alberto is would make for himself an outstanding instrument. The surprise is that he can and does share that expertise with the rest of us. If you get a chance to buy one, grab it! < i1qod at inwind.it >