Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2H Advanced Data Management System for Yaesu FT - 8900 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2H Advanced Data Management System for Yaesu FT - 8900
Reviews: 9 Average rating: 3.1/5 MSRP: $39.00
Description: Windows Programming Software for Amateur Radios and Receivers
by RT Systems, Inc. PO Box 491660, Lawrenceville, GA 30049
Window programming software kit complete with software and computer interface cable. For Windows 98, ME, NT4.0, 2000, and XP
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2H Advanced Data Management System for Yaesu FT - 8900.

KI6CXD Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2014 17:42 Send this review to a friend
works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the rt-systems programing software for all my radios (yaesu ft-7800, 8800, 8900, ft-857, and my kenwood th-f6A)
best investment I have made yet for my radios.
software is easy to use and makes programing each radio easy.
Have not had a bad experience with tech support, they are always there to help.
highly recommend the rt-systems software for all, just remember to download from the radio first,even if nothing is in it so the software can set up all the files prior to you programing it.

N2OHA Rating: 0/5 Mar 16, 2013 12:08 Send this review to a friend
My dog produces higher quality crap  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This SW is some of the worst garbage I have ever had the misfortune to use. A complete waste of money. Avoid RT Systems at all costs.

To say tech support is useless would be missing an opportunity to use the words inefficient, inept, inferior, amateurish, awkward, bungling, bush-league, clumsy, floundering, helpless, inadequate, incapable, ineffectual, inefficient, ineligible, inept or as the Brits put it pure crap.

An untrained monkey in an India Call Center who only speaks Vinka would be more helpful.

The connection cable returns a Code 10 error that will not go away no matter what drivers I try.
Tech 'support' says it's my system, that's funny every other interface seems to work from Motorola RIB's to packet controllers for my RS-232

Can I give this stuff a negative rating number?
I want my money back.
If you need programming software, do yourself, your wallet and your sanity a favor and try the G4HFQ SW.

VE3VWX Rating: 0/5 Jun 1, 2010 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Piece of junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After working with software such as ARC's Butel scanner solutions I come to expect higher grade products for basic programming.

This software would not allow me to import a properly configured tab or comma file, it does not support bulk select actions, true auto-fill and I have yet to even test it on the radio.

I does not even support files from the radioreference.com database.

Point is without having a way to import some 300 channels there is no point in using the software to re-type each one. This was a major waste of my money, tech support is completely useless.

This is complete snake oil, don't buy this product!

NV2H Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2010 02:43 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use and works very well.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this software about 6 months after buying the radio. I plugged in over 50 memory channels in under an hour and cloned the radio with he software in about 5 min. This was painless.

KN4AQ Rating: 4/5 Jul 18, 2007 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Way better than maunal programming  Time owned: more than 12 months
One nice feature of this program is that you can open multiple files and cut & paste between them.

For example, you can have a block of repeaters for a city you visit now and then tucked away in its own file. Next visit, open that file, and a "current" file for the radio, and paste the extra repeaters into the current file, then upload to the radio.

You can also cut and paste blocks from one part of a file to another if you decide to move things around.

One gotcha: if you do a CTL-X to copy/delete a line, then accidentally do a CTL-C instead of a CTL-V on the blank line you're moving the data to, that line is gone.

Their USB-Serial adapter does work with the 8900, while my Keyspan and Belkin adapters do not!

I see some complaints about service, but I've received prompt, personal service. I found a couple of bugs in software for an Icom T-90, and they churned out three revisions in a week or two until all worked right. I was the "beta site", I guess, but how many radios do we expect them to buy?

Gary KN4AQ

K6MTT Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2007 20:50 Send this review to a friend
Barely adequate  Time owned: more than 12 months
Besides the interface being stuck in the 90's, this hosed my radio in some way that prevented it from being uploaded after many successful uses. Their tech support was useless and I turned to another package, FTB8900 which after some great tech support from the author unstuck the radio. Skip the Yaesu/RT stuff and go straight elsewhere.

JOLLYFE Rating: 2/5 Jun 17, 2005 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Unimpressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The software is very rudimentary at best. There are many ways of making this kind of software more intuitive, and it appears to me that RT Systems has successfully avoided them all. My first clue that they are clueless was when the software arrived with the wrong activation code. In all of the software that I have ever purchased, and I have grown up with computers, this is a first. My second clue was provided to me by their own FAQ. They apparently had a very similar problem with software dated two years earlier than mine. Strike three for me was the slow response time to my request for a working number. I expected same or next day service. After all, we are talking about email here. All I needed was a code. I gave it a 2 because for the price ($20), I felt a bit taken due to the lack of features. I was also sort of miffed at them for the slow response.

K5ADF Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2005 20:01 Send this review to a friend
Good Software for FT8900  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this software from RT Systems at the same time I bought the FT8900 from HRO. I had been forwarned on this website about the difficulty in programming the FT8900.

I have the FT8900 mounted in my car and use my laptop to interface to the transceiver. Once you get the sequence correct in connecting to the radio, it works great. It takes a five step process beginning with pluging the cable into the FT8900 to put the radio in clone mode! Luckily when the programming software is put into download/upload mode, a window pops up with the five step procedure clearly detailed.

The software is easy to use with a spreadsheet type of entry. One nice feature is the ability to insert lines into the memory. If you wanted to insert a new frequency setting in between memory 9 and 10 for example, it shifts all the entries down one location. The cut/copy/paste commands work just like in Word/Excel making it easier to use. The help menu is fairly good but only covers use of the programmer software and not the radio. You need both to understand some of the more fancier options.

The setup menu for the radio is all chart driven with the acceptable values in each window. Simply point and click to setup the radio parameters the way you want. This includes programming the programmable mic buttons.

I create different files with values according to where I will be traveling out of area. I then download the appropriate file to the radio before I leave and I am ready to work machines in my auto travels.

I rated this software as a 5 due to its ease of use and because it has been trouble-free. It is much easier to use than actually programming the FT8900 by hand and it remembers (saved files) what it did!

K3OLE Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2004 01:00 Send this review to a friend
This software lets you enter data needed on your FT8900  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Program allows you to list memory channel data on your computer to download to FT8900. Software upgrades can be downloaded from website. Technical support staff knows how to walk you through computer problems over the phone. I have previous and ongoing experience with the TenTec Pegasus using N4PY software including upgrades. RT Systems software is designed for data entry while the N4PY is for basic radio operations. Both are well designed and maintained.