Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Japan Radio Company ST-3 Help

Reviews Summary for Japan Radio Company ST-3
Japan Radio Company ST-3 Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $77.00 ($69.95 street)
Description: Japan Radio Company ST-3s. Each earpiece, plus the headband, are padded for a luxurious feel. Excellent voice-CW response (20-18000 Hz) for exceptional clarity. Will work nicely with communications receivers. Black. 600 Ohms. With inch mono plug.
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Japan Radio Company ST-3.

MIKEAMIC Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2006 06:08 Send this review to a friend
They're Keepers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The ST-3's are a nice addition to any communications system. They do not produce anywhere near the audio quality of a standard pair of hi-fi headphones and are, therefore, poor performers for music. But I bought them for my receivers and they work wonderfully in the voice range and soften the hiss and static considerably. They're great for communications and voice intelligibility is excellent.

My biggest concern, when it comes to listening with headphones, is damage to my hearing from all of the high frequency hiss. I'm more comfortable using the ST-3's for that reason alone.

Build quality seems to be good. Quality of materials is fair.

ECARFAR Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2005 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Solid, Comfortable, Reasonable Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using these for about a month now. Very well constructed, the sound is clear and concise, but, most of all, they are very comfortable to have on for an extended period of time. Even more so if you're lacking in the hair department as I am! I also own a David Clark aviation headset (for flying) and these compare well to the David Clarks in the comfort catagory. One big difference however, the JRC was about $70 the David Clarks are $300. I like them so much I'm buying another pair for my AM istening "station" in my bedroom. You won't be disappointed with these.

K5NT Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2005 10:07 Send this review to a friend
Great cans!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These phones sound great, and are extremely comfortable for wearing hours at a time. The pads also do a good job of minimizing local noise. I should have bought them sooner.

KG4YJS Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2004 18:10 Send this review to a friend
Stop Shopping - These are the Best!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I too through the years have tried many, many headphones and finally decided to splurge on the JRC ST-3. It is truly the best headphone that is dedicated to communications that I have used ... and yes that includes David Clark and other "high end" brand headphones. Construction is superb. Very comfortable. Blocks out external noise and fits comfrotably with a seal around the ears. Frequency response is superb for voice and CW. I can now hear things that before would go unnoticed. Excellent product.

W6OJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2004 12:42 Send this review to a friend
So Comfortable  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I can recommend these headphones very much. Not only do they have great audio response in the correct frequency range for the human voice, but they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn in 50 years of ham radio. They are mechanically top cabin with solid stainless steel and beefy construction. Even the cord is heavy duty and feels like it will last a lifetime. Highly recommended.

WA4PQD Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2000 20:57 Send this review to a friend
Yea, What he said...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Very nice cans for a reasonable price. Great JRC quality. Recommended. If I had four ears I would buy another ST-3.

NO7UP Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 1999 17:25 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Quality, Great Sound.  Time owned: unknown months
The advertising for these headphones states: "The Last Headphones You Will Ever Buy". I agree. I have gone through Yaesu, Kenwood, Koss, etc. and none compare to the ST-3. The quality of construction is evident all throughout the product, right down to the connection of the cord to the plug - the jacket is hand-tied to the plug with coated thread! The plug is solid brass, the band has just the right tension, the earpads are soft and provide full ear coverage. But the real strong point is the audio. It is the best I have heard for communications purposes and is better than high-end stereo music headphones. A side benefit is that they are 600 ohm, and so are a perfect match for both modern and vintage equipment - the sound quality is superb on my Collins receiver. The only small complaint I have is the cord is a little stiff and it can be annoying to constantly move it out from under your elbow. I simply replaced the cord with a coiled soft-rubber mic cord and all is well. It is worth taking this small step in order to enjoy the superior audio from these headphones. Highly recommended!