Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | MFJ Clock Model MFJ-113 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ Clock Model MFJ-113
MFJ Clock Model MFJ-113 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: clock
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-113

You can write your own review of the MFJ Clock Model MFJ-113.

KG7OR Rating: 4/5 Nov 18, 2017 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Very good, except....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Okay, this is nitpicking, but it's not really a 4-digit 24 hour clock as you might expect. Times between midnight and 0959 display in 3 digits, like a plain ol' bedroom clock: "9:59" instead of 0959. Yes, that's a minor detail, but a clock purchased for our purposes should show the time the way we always speak and write it, like "zero nine fifty nine."

Since this is really just a household alarm clock with a 24-hour display option tacked on, MFJ ought to market a real hamshack clock instead: a full time 4-digit 24 hour digital readout plus a programmable alert, for the 10 minute ID or whatever. This one is pretty good, but it falls short in that regard.

AL7HG Rating: 4/5 Nov 27, 2016 08:06 Send this review to a friend
A little disappointed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a little disappointed in this clock. My shack gets most of the daylight sun and the numbers are not bright enough to see a lot of the day. I wish there were a way to make it easier to see. The digits are nice and large and it works great to keep track of GMT. My radio has an internal clock but its digits are too small. I have several other clocks but they can not be set for GMT, this is a good clock for that and the price is reasonable.

AA7LX Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2016 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Worth the price and risk!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased for operating desk over a year ago. Great big red numbers and 12 or 24 time. 110v system with 9v battery backup. Repeat for snooze- 9 minutes. No problem- just sign again and push the repeat for another 9 minutes! Keeps time OK. One of the few actually worthwhile MFJ products. A deal for 19.95 plus shipping. You won't be disappointed! This product works and is actually real quality! I liked this desk clock so much that, I brought another one to use as the bedroom clock! Buy it!

WX4O Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Bargain  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive used one as my 'Zulu time' clock for many years.
Great clock for the price.

W5SRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2014 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Works well, bargain price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's a big bright digital clock that can run 12/24 hour mode, I keep mine set to Zulu. For $20, how could it be beat? After 2 months, the thing is accurate within 2 seconds. An extra battery in it keeps it accurate through brief power outages. Very easy (intuitive) to set and adjust, you don't need the instruction sheet. I'd buy it again for sure.

N7SCC Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2014 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Recommend--Great for the Shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased after being disappointed with original Battery small travel Clock from Radio Shack. I took a chance from MFJ...For the Money and shipping this MFJ product is well worth to add to your shack. The clock face is very easy to see from many feet across the room if necessary(I have mine set for 24 hour UT on my operating desk). It has either a 12 or 24 hour display in bright red numbers 3 inches high. It is however, a plug-in with 9V battery back-up. You can set the alarm for snooze repeat in order to sign every 10 minutes; however, the snooze repeat is only 9 minutes-- no big deal. The clock is meant to sit on a desk not on the wall. It is slim but balanced to sit upright using little space. For 19.95 plus shipping it is a geat deal.

K0YQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2011 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Good clock  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wanted a large LED 24-hour clock for the shack, and this has functioned perfectly in that role for many years. Might lose a second or two over many months, but not bad for $20 paid. I'd buy again.

KC8VYW Rating: 0/5 Jan 5, 2005 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Outright Lies  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for large display AND 9' ID timer. Its a bloody alarm clock! When I spoke to someone at MFJ they certainly didn't consider their deliberate obfuscation to be any big deal and couldn't understand why I was upset that they'd pass off an alarm clock as some kind of timer.
This is my Last MFJ purchase.

AC5AA Rating: 4/5 Jun 23, 2004 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Works for me - easy to read  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just needed an easy to read, accurate clock for the shack that could be seen from 2 operating positions. This one works great. BIG 2" numbers make it easy to read, and since it sync's to the 60 cycle line frequency, it is accurate to a second or two a week. It works for my purpose, and was on sale at Dayton for $15.

AB8E Rating: 0/5 Mar 5, 2004 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Rip-Off  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
On 03-01-2004, I purchased an MFJ Clock Model MFJ-113. I needed an ID Timer for HF
ID purposes. I received the clock to find it was a simple clock that had a 9 Minute
Snooze NOT a 9 Minute ID timer. I can buy this style in stores for $5.00. I called MFJ,
and talked to Richard with Customer Service. He instructed me that I needed to time
my conversations with the alarm, and use the alarm with the snooze.

I expressed my disappointment with the purchase of the product under false advertisement.
The product Specifications are very misleading and down-right Lies. Check it out
@ : http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-113

It states as follows:

The 12/24 Hour Desk Clock is great for your work area! It has a switchable 12/24
hour display, 9 minute ID timer, alarm, and a 9 volt battery backup! It uses 110 VAC,
60 Hz. It also has a compact size of 9W x 4H x 2.5D inches.

I don't see the word Snooze at all.....

MFJ told me if i would pay for the shipping to return the clock to them
that my money would be refunded.
So lets see the cost $ 19.95 + 5.99 shipping = $25.94 total

Now for the return of a product that i don't want:
$25.94 + 5.99 Return shipping = $31.93 - $ 19.95 for the product refund
= $11.98 the amount i was ripped off.
So why not keep the clock and give at for a christmas present at the cost of $13.96.

I am writing to simply tell you and yours about he scam they are pulling on hams.
Don't let it happen to you.