Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | High Sierra I-TENNA Help

Reviews Summary for High Sierra I-TENNA
High Sierra I-TENNA Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $425
Description: A motorized tuneable antenna compatible with the ICOM 703, 706, 718, 736, 746, 756, 765, and 775. Sometimes referred to incorrectly as a "screwdriver" antenna.
More info: http://www.cq73.com

You can write your own review of the High Sierra I-TENNA.

KL1AS Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2005 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased the I-Tenna for use with my 706MK2G prior to making a cross country trip from Alaska to New England and back. Installation was easy using Comet mount and antenna tunes to 1:1 on all bands 80M - 6M. Made contacts all along my trip. Signal reports were 57 to 59 in all instances. Made a contact in Czec Republic from RI and talked to a station in Wales, UK from the Alaska Highway in British Columbia. Highly recommend this small footprint antenna.

AL7BA Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2004 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Outstanting quality, top-notch customer spt, great performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have an '04 Honda CR-V and used an MFJ-336T mag mount in the center of the roof. First contact from driveway was a 59 into central Italy using a 706MKIIG.

I-Tenna tuned very easily ONCE I took apart the MFJ mount and "cleaned" off the black paint so the coax braid could make contact with the aluminum! Very poor QC on the MFJ mount. Notified MFJ who told me those mounts are made overseas (Taiwan, China, can't remember). Nonetheless, I was NOT offered any form of reimbursement, credit, etc., for my frustration and subsequent disassembly, repair, and reassembly of their mount. Not a good way to keep customers.

Anyway, once this was done, I tried tuning without a ground strap - got 20m down to 1.3:1. Once I added a grd strap using Jim Heath's (High Sierra) own grd strap from the mount base plate to a luggage rack screw, the SWR dropped to 1.1:1.

Haven't tried the other bands yet, but wanted to get this review out.

Very Pleased!!!

WB9AVW Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2004 23:21 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For mobile operations this antenna works great. Full 10 thru 80 meters with supplied whip. Installed on a motorized antenna mount on the truck luggage rack, it has a very low profile. Made severval contacts on all bands with excellent signal reports. Powered thru the 706 ACC plug tunning is a snap. Amazing how a short motor driven antenna works.

K1SND Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2004 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Super Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the I-TENNA attached it to the High Sierra mag mount on the cab of my truck, hooked up my new IC-706 MKIIG and first contact was with russia on cw from my driveway with a 579 rst. Amazing antenna works super, tunes quickly with the push of a button. Top quality construction throughout. Folks at High Sierra were great to work with. Trust me you will not be disapointed with this antenna, just follow the directions. To perform the way it does and being only 4' tall is amazing.

KA1BB Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2004 10:50 Send this review to a friend
great little antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the High Sierra I-Tenna and am very pleased with it. I hooked it up to a standard ball mount which is mounted to my truck cap and hooked it to a brand new 706 Mark 2 G I made several contacts from New Jersey to northern Vermont from my driveway in Rhode Island. The antenna comes with almost everything needed to install it the only thing I had to add was 4-5 ft of cable between the control box and antenna. Anyhow so far so good

K3TNH Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2004 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the I-Tenna installed in the bed of my Tundra pickup truck. Although the supplied 3' whip was marginal on 40 and 80 meters, the addition of a 4' loaded fiberglass CB whip has made a noticeable improvement. The antenna works as advertised and I feel it was money well spent for the convenience of having a tuneable antenna that covers 6-->80 meters. I use a homemade mount in my truck and various mounts are availablew from the manufacturer. A high quality accessory that should last a very long time. Nice people to work with too!