Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe
Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe Reviews: 42 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $189.99
Description: Classic iambic paddle design.

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe.

KF4MKP Rating: 3/5 Jan 24, 2018 18:53 Send this review to a friend
it's ok  Time owned: more than 12 months
This key is beautiful to look at. Mine was a gift to me when I got out of the navy in 1994.

I didn't use it for several years, but when I got around to using it I had (read still have) a hard time getting it adjusted where it made good contact AND was comfortable. I would really rate this at a 3.5 because it is definitely not a 4 or better.

The rubber feet get hard with age and they could be replaced with the low-profile stick on feet or maybe something else to keep it from sliding around. I find that when i get it adjusted like I like it, it will slide around slightly enough that I need to hold my other fingers on it.

So basically, it was a gift, and it looks sharp. It works good when you get it adjusted like you want, but be prepared to spend some time tinkering with it.
ON4RO Rating: 4/5 Jun 4, 2016 08:10 Send this review to a friend
Solid great keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using a Bencher BY-3 and a Shurr Profi-2 (handmade by Mr. Shurr himself) for years but recently I thought getting something new and choose for the Vibroplex Iambic de luxe.
It's a great keyer, better handling than the Bencher. And much better quality of the parts. So I decided to retire the Bencher and maybe sell it.
K1ZJH Rating: 4/5 Jan 20, 2016 09:48 Send this review to a friend
Very nice paddle for the heavier fisted operator  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own two versions of the Vibroplex Iambic keyers, the plain model and the deluxe. They are both the same in regards to feel and utility.

My benchmark is a Bencher BY-2. which I have owned for many decades. I much prefer the feel of the Vibroplex Iambic paddles! They are better suited to my heavy hand and keying style. The Bencher BY-2 is a great key, but it is not a fit for my fist.

As I mentioned, I have both the Deluxe chrome version, and the painted base version. For my needs, they are at least a 4.5.... since I am sure there are better cw paddle models, at best I will give the Vibroplex a 4.4 on the eHam scale. I love these paddles. I am looking forward to trying out the Kent paddle, and others.
KJ4I Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2015 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Solid and heavy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After having been away from CW for quiet a number of years the bug was biting me to brush up and get back at it. Not having a key, I decided to do some research and everything kept bringing me back to the Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe. I have never used a paddle key up until now as I had always used a straight key but never again. It took me a small amount of practice and playing with the settings on my radios keyer to get things to my liking but now that I have narrowed it down this key is very easy to use and just a whole lot of fun. I had to do some initial setup on the key out of the box but that is to be expected. This key is very solid and well made. At 2 and 3/4 pounds I almost kept forgetting how heavy it was thinking it had stuck to the table. It does not slide around at all when pushing the paddles. This is the key I have been looking for for quiet some time. Not to mention it is a very nice looking unit as well. For the price it is well worth it. I would have expected to pay quiet a bit more. I have only had it for a short period of time so I can't speak to the long term durability but judging by the way it's built I don't think that will be an issue at all. In all a great key at a decent price.
W0CGH Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been licensed since 1970, and I've always operated CW almost exclusively. Almost from the beginning I've used one keyer and paddles or another, starting with a Hallicrafters HA-1 and VibroKeyer paddles to the current CMOS Super Keyer III and Vibroplex Iambic paddles purchased from an estate about 15 years ago. In 1971, I bought my first iambic paddles, a set of Brown Brothers BTL's, which I still have and keep on hand as backups to the Vibroplex Iambics.

Let me start by saying that I HATE BENCHER PADDLES!! I like paddles with a solid feel, and I'm sorry if I'm stepping on toes, but Benchers are just plain mushy and have all the solidity of a bowl of hot oatmeal. When I talk about paddles with a solid feel, I'm not talking about paddles that feel like the return spring came from the front end in a 1959 Buick either. A very light spring is just fine, but the feel at the fingerpieces must be solid.

The Vibroplex Iambics HAVE that solid feel that I'm looking for and they're easy to adjust and use. Someone else in their review on this forum complained that the adjustment screws tend to work their way loose. I've found that hand tightening the adjustment screw lock nuts pretty well eliminates this problem "most" of the time, and if one does occasionally work loose, I simply readjust, retighten, and get back to working CW. NO BIG DEAL!!

All-in-all, if I could rate the Vibroplex Iambic higher than a "5", I would. The paddles are well worth todays asking price, and I highly recommend them . . . . . . unless you like sending CW using a bowl of hot oatmeal for paddles, in which case buy a set of Benchers.
AD9Z Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 19:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, everyone has their own opinion. I not only like the looks of this key, but the feel. I make few mistakes, while sending with this key. If your looking for a good key that won't break the bank, this is it.
VE2ENB Rating: 3/5 Feb 28, 2014 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Good for 10 to 25 Wpm  Time owned: more than 12 months
I been working with Vibroplex Iambic de Luxe for 40 years.
For the beginners it works good. But when I was able to send at speeds higher than 30 WPM, I had to modify the key
I own 2 of same models, On one, I relocated the springs halfway to the pivots, added bypass wires to cancel conductivity that was by the springs (Not the best idea) and added gold contacts. It worked good to speeds ut to 45 Wpm.
On the other I replaced the springs with magnets, bypass wires and gold contacts. This one is capable of 60 WPM, but the problem is that it does not stay adjusted, because of the set screw that locks the pivot adjustment screw right on the thread, another bad idea.
Once set the pivots to near zero tolerance, it works good but cannot stay adjusted for QRQ.
Extra dits.
I sent my ideas to the Company and had no reply yet.
Now I send QRQ with a Begali Signature with gold contacts and all my setting problems are gone.
If you want to work QRQ, try a Begali paddle.
MM0AMV Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2013 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Real Eye Candy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this key for a couple of years now and I am still in love.
Takes a bit of setting up, and the three high rubber feet need replacing with four low profile stick on replacements.
Once done however, it feels great and is not so prone to wandering.
And all that chrome.....real eye candy.
A keeper.
NY7Q Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2013 06:21 Send this review to a friend
excellent KEY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned and used one since early days.
I also have extra finger pieces(paddles) for the key of different colors and material.
It is an extreme insult to have a KEY called a paddle. Paddles are finger pieces to operate the key.
WB7OBG Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2013 15:11 Send this review to a friend
I love this key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using a Bencher BY-1 for years. Recently I wanted to reward myself with something special and I chose the Vibroplex Iambic Deluxe.

Easy to set up. Easy to adjust. I like a very light touch and crisp feel and in this regard I think it is even better than my Bencher. It requires a slightly different hand position than the Bencher but that took only a few minutes to get used to.

Bottom line: The Bencher has been retired and this is now my number one CW paddle.