Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | The Finger Dimple Help

Reviews Summary for The Finger Dimple
The Finger Dimple Reviews: 35 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$6 for two
Description: A simple, inexpensive, and effective add-on for rigs with VFO knobs lacking a 'spinner' dimple
More info: http://www.fingerdimple.com

You can write your own review of the The Finger Dimple.

K2BEW Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2014 22:10 Send this review to a friend
A great and cheap accessory to any radio.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have one on my Kenwood TS-520, and I had one on my Yaesu FT-450D before I sold it. A correction to reviews saying it is plastic, it is actually machined aluminium, and the Elecraft web site mentions it is machined. And as already mentioned you can only buy it from Elecraft, the listing needs to be revised removing the fingerdimple website that is a bad link.
It does not actually spin, I thought when I first bought one it was two pieces so that it actually would spin as you held it down with your finger. It is really a single piece of machined aluminium with adhesive on the back. Even so, it works well and does not hang up while you turn the knob with it. 73, Tom K2BEW

KC0W Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2013 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Finger Dimple's are now being sold by Elecraft. You no longer receive two of them, you just get one. After shipping it will cost right around $8 - $9.

Purchased one an a TS-850 many years ago. I just ordered some more recently for my K3's. I'm using external VFO's (Griffin Technology's)for my K3's and 'da Dimple makes spinning the external table mounted VFO quite enjoyable.

The product is not rocket science, it's simply a piece of plastic with adhesive on the back. Not much can go wrong.

If you have any questions regarding setting up external VFO's for your K3, email me.

Tom KCW

N1EZH Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2013 17:32 Send this review to a friend
Simple and works great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased 2 of these for my Kenwood TS-140S & TS-680S respectively a few years ago. What a Simple and Great little device! I used to have to grab the edge of the Tuner Knob and Spin them forever to get to a frequency! With the Finger Dimple it makes it so much easier! Highly recommend it if your Rig's Tuning Knob does not have one.

KD5FX Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2010 19:54 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works great on my TS-850S/AT! It makes tuning the bands so much easier...

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2008 11:14 Send this review to a friend
What he said  Time owned: more than 12 months
Makes tuning the K2 soooo much better!

N3HOE Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2008 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Required Equipment!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two matching Alinco DX-70 HF transceivers, so each got a FingerDimple on the main tuning knob. They look just as if the factory had designed them right in place. Consequently, both operation and appearance of my twin transceivers has improved very nicely.

Ham radio manufacturers really ought to include fingertip divots on large tuning knobs as part of their original design considerations. BUT--they should use only the genuine FingerDimple product!

BEAM Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2007 11:37 Send this review to a friend
Economico e Indispensabile!  Time owned: more than 12 months
E' il classico uovo di colombo che migliora moltissimo l'ergonomia su quelle radio che hanno la manopola di sintonia piatta.

E' un valido aiuto alla sintonia, specialmente nelle HF, e io ho pensato bene di attaccarne uno anche sul mio Griffin PowerMate!

Un accessorio semplice ed economico ma che io adesso reputo indispensabile!!

KG6EJT Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2007 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Simple, but great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used one on my TS-140 for several years now. What a great idea. So simple, but so helpful!

VR2XMQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2007 19:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 4 finger dimples that have been used for several year without a hitch. Great stuff!!!

OE3JTB Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2006 11:22 Send this review to a friend
very recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
bought two for my TS-950 SDX and TS-850SAT, a new feeling, quicker frequency change, it makes the difference.
73 Alex