Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Champion Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Champion
Vibroplex Champion Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $9.95 in 1946
Description: Called the "Chevrolet" of Vibroplex bugs, the Champion consists of a Lightning Bug frame and pendulum with the simpler "I" damper. Produced from approx. 1939 to 1980, the bug was available thru the years in black crackle, gray, brown and beige bases.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Champion.

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2004 16:07 Send this review to a friend
bought new in 1959  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's hard to believe, today, that this was the "entry level" model. I've used it since I upgraded from Novice to General in 1959, and the only thing I've done since is added the new, heavier" weight to slow it down to speeds that seem more common on the air now.

I must say that the customer service from the "new" Vibroplex company is great. This is one piece of gear you can buy (seriously) used with full confidence. Take the time to adjust it properly, practice sending until it's second nature, and you'll never use a "keyer" again.

And yes, I switched to a keyer for awhile, then came back to the bug. There really is such a thing as "too perfect."

Bill, K7JBQ

KE4MOB Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2004 19:08 Send this review to a friend
WOW!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I can't believe I'm the first to review this!!

A few months back I got lucky on eBay and won a '42 Champion in near mint condition. Compared to my BK-100, this thing is a Ferrari. Speed starts out about 25 WPM by my ear with the small weight, but the fit and finish is superb...it's so smooth and crisp it's hard to believe it's over sixty years old. Now I'm in a real pickle...if I spend the $$$ to get the weight to slow it down, then I'll be apt use it more. Of course, I really should put it on the shelf and just look at it...it's darn beautiful. But it really deserves to be used!!

Decisions, decisions!!!