Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex VibroKeyer Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex VibroKeyer
Vibroplex VibroKeyer Reviews: 32 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: Timeless Classic.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex VibroKeyer.

K4EHB Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2012 10:11 Send this review to a friend
excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I rarely use my straight key. I am quite comfortable now at around 20 wpm; just a bit too fast for a straight key. Between my bug (yes, I'll get to the vibrokeyer) and the straight key, I ventured into the land of paddles. Prefer A mode to B because I hate rhythm changes needed in B mode for characters such as A and R, N and K, etc. But, all the rigs I own use B mode, so ...

The motion of a bug makes more sense to me. Perhaps one day I'll try a single lever device. In any case though, my FT-950 provides two key jacks and has "bug" mode built in.

I bought a vibrokeyer and it is plugged into my rig along with a bug.

The vibrokeyer is tuned now so that it is very comfortable in the range of 18 to about 23 wpm -- I change speed on my rig just as I would if I plugged in a paddle.

The feel of the vibrokeyer is excellent -- but not as good as the vibroplex bug.

If you use a bug, and have a rig that supports a bug mode (automatic dits and manual dah's), get a vibrokeyer -- it's very easy to change the speed (on my ft-950, I just turn a knob). I have my bug set around 25 wpm use the vibrokeyer for qso's whose speed ranges from 18 to about 23 wpm.

I have the "box" for the vibroplex bug -- now need something similar for the vibrokeyer.

If you do mostly (or only) cw and your rig/keyer supports bug mode, you ought try it. If you use a bug - the vibrokeyer is a good way to extend the speed range.

Enjoy.

N5IVZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2011 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid CW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Iambic in the mail recently. It was used and it looked like it just came off the assembly line...perfect shape...could not find a single scratch or dent! Rock solid on the air... i like a keyer where you have to use a little muscle to use it... At present, i was lucky to get this one...Vibroplex Iambics are hard to find since they are selling out...

WA7URV Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2011 22:11 Send this review to a friend
Great value for the price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the VirbroKeyer for only a few days. It is sitting side-by-side with my 100th Anniv. Bug, my Begali HST single lever paddle and my straight key. Because I am primarily a Vibroplex bug guy, the Vibrokeyer works very well for me with its identifical form factor. My fingers feel right at home! I've always been very satisfied with the value received for the price paid for my Vibroplex products, and my 100th Anniv. VibroKeyer is a good one!

W6GEE Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2009 15:15 Send this review to a friend
A work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm primarily a CW op. My VibroKeyer Deluxe has a beautiful retro design and works very nice. I also own a Bencher BY-1, Vibroplex Presentation bug, and a J-38 straight key. My philisophy is that each key has its own "personality" and shouldn't really be judged by a single expectation on how THE "perfect" key should function.

I recently bought my VibroKeyer (used) out of curiosity after having owned my Presentation since 1969. Prior to this, I've used my Bencher paddle mostly over the past several years. While I love both of these keys, my Bencher seems to slide around my desk more than the VibroKeyer, and I have a fairly light touch.

I thoroughly enjoy using all me keys for their individual qualities and touches. To me, the art of CW operation is to adapt my touch to each of my keys' characteristics to produce a smooth fist, as our master brass-pounders of the past have done in times of more limited technology. I have no difficulties with my VibroKeyer whatsovever!

AF1Q Rating: 0/5 Dec 12, 2008 09:10 Send this review to a friend
shame for a top notch paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago I recieved a Vibrokeyer paddle as a gift. I was somewhat dismayed with the sloppy movement in the paddle. Part number 10 or the yoke was not made properly. Being a stamped piece its quite difficult to get it right. It seems as though the just went ahead and used these poorly made parts anyway.
After several years of using this paddle I finally decided to make a door stop or paper wieght with it.
I also find that the quality of parts are less on their standard models. Using the better graded parts for their deluxe models. Its certainly a good way of getting rid of poor quality parts.
In spite of it all, I still think Vibroplex is a nice piece of machinery, only if they would put a little more pride into it.
I have tried e mailing and calling but I get no response. Again a poor quality for what is a legend in telegraph history.

K4GK Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2007 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Use nothing else  Time owned: more than 12 months
My XYL gave me the chrome version of the Vibrokeyer for Christmas in 1973. I work 85-90% CW and use this paddle almost every day. I have never had a problem with this item. QRS, or QRQ, it works great. I've tried others, including an iambic, but always return to my favorite Vibrokeyer. I told my XYL to bury me with my Vibrokeyer in my casket. It will always me near me!

W8ZNX Rating: 3/5 Jun 22, 2006 11:30 Send this review to a friend
klunky  Time owned: more than 12 months
keys can be matter of tast and feel

key that some ops love
other ops may hate

much of the key
is off the shelf bug
parts thrown together
to make a paddle

tryed to like this key
for no other reason than
my love for Vibroplex bugs

there are lots of great keys/paddles
VibroKeyer is not one of them

Mac

W7IS Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2005 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Presentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased an almost new Gold Presentation Vibrokeyer. Mainly because its one of the few single lever paddles available today. The fit and finish and gold plating is outstanding. This is now my favorite paddle and I'm really enjoying NON IAMABIC.

Take a look at all the paddles and other keys I've used over the years at this link.

WA6CDE Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2004 18:28 Send this review to a friend
some people induce their own problems  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently aquired another vibrokeyer from the swap meet... the gent said it had a bad binding on the dash side ... sure enough you could feel it kinda bind... but, we bought it anyway... for the cheap price he was asking...

Got it home and started looking at the saddle portion of the key... thinking that it was dropped or that the bearing parts could be bent where the shaft comes throught... nope everything was fine... then we noticed that he had oiled it... thinking that it would free it up... but, instead because the two parts are chrome plated... he induced the problem into the key inavertently...
The oil was wetting out the two parts and causing a surface tension... I shot some contact cleaner in to de-oil the area... cleaned it well... and now its as smooth as a babys butt...

All the time he thought it was a bad key... turned out to be the best buy at the meet... shows you what a little knowledge can do... grin...

DON'T OIL the saddle portion of the keyer... is the moral here... just a light amount on the two bearings only.... is my advise... and watch what you claim... is bad... A good value

73's G>M> WA6CDE

AA8PP Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2004 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Nice Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received an older vibrokeyer from a purchase on ebay. 245376 serial number which puts it at about a 1966 model. Key is near new condition and works excellent. Had the Vibroplex Square Racer paddles and always liked the single paddle better.Fit on this key is excellent with no excessive play anywhere.Only change in keyers I may make someday in the future is to purchase a new gold plated one !! 73 from AA8PP