Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex VibroKeyer Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex VibroKeyer
Vibroplex VibroKeyer Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: Timeless Classic.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex VibroKeyer.

W6GEE Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2009 15:15 Send this review to a friend
A work of art!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm primarily a CW op. My VibroKeyer Deluxe has a beautiful retro design and works very nice. I also own a Bencher BY-1, Vibroplex Presentation bug, and a J-38 straight key. My philisophy is that each key has its own "personality" and shouldn't really be judged by a single expectation on how THE "perfect" key should function.

I recently bought my VibroKeyer (used) out of curiosity after having owned my Presentation since 1969. Prior to this, I've used my Bencher paddle mostly over the past several years. While I love both of these keys, my Bencher seems to slide around my desk more than the VibroKeyer, and I have a fairly light touch.

I thoroughly enjoy using all me keys for their individual qualities and touches. To me, the art of CW operation is to adapt my touch to each of my keys' characteristics to produce a smooth fist, as our master brass-pounders of the past have done in times of more limited technology. I have no difficulties with my VibroKeyer whatsovever!

AF1Q Rating: 0/5 Dec 12, 2008 09:10 Send this review to a friend
shame for a top notch paddle  Time owned: more than 12 months
A few years ago I recieved a Vibrokeyer paddle as a gift. I was somewhat dismayed with the sloppy movement in the paddle. Part number 10 or the yoke was not made properly. Being a stamped piece its quite difficult to get it right. It seems as though the just went ahead and used these poorly made parts anyway.
After several years of using this paddle I finally decided to make a door stop or paper wieght with it.
I also find that the quality of parts are less on their standard models. Using the better graded parts for their deluxe models. Its certainly a good way of getting rid of poor quality parts.
In spite of it all, I still think Vibroplex is a nice piece of machinery, only if they would put a little more pride into it.
I have tried e mailing and calling but I get no response. Again a poor quality for what is a legend in telegraph history.

K4GK Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2007 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Use nothing else  Time owned: more than 12 months
My XYL gave me the chrome version of the Vibrokeyer for Christmas in 1973. I work 85-90% CW and use this paddle almost every day. I have never had a problem with this item. QRS, or QRQ, it works great. I've tried others, including an iambic, but always return to my favorite Vibrokeyer. I told my XYL to bury me with my Vibrokeyer in my casket. It will always me near me!

W8ZNX Rating: 3/5 Jun 22, 2006 11:30 Send this review to a friend
klunky  Time owned: more than 12 months
keys can be matter of tast and feel

key that some ops love
other ops may hate

much of the key
is off the shelf bug
parts thrown together
to make a paddle

tryed to like this key
for no other reason than
my love for Vibroplex bugs

there are lots of great keys/paddles
VibroKeyer is not one of them

Mac

W7IS Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2005 12:30 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Presentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased an almost new Gold Presentation Vibrokeyer. Mainly because its one of the few single lever paddles available today. The fit and finish and gold plating is outstanding. This is now my favorite paddle and I'm really enjoying NON IAMABIC.

Take a look at all the paddles and other keys I've used over the years at this link.

WA6CDE Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2004 18:28 Send this review to a friend
some people induce their own problems  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently aquired another vibrokeyer from the swap meet... the gent said it had a bad binding on the dash side ... sure enough you could feel it kinda bind... but, we bought it anyway... for the cheap price he was asking...

Got it home and started looking at the saddle portion of the key... thinking that it was dropped or that the bearing parts could be bent where the shaft comes throught... nope everything was fine... then we noticed that he had oiled it... thinking that it would free it up... but, instead because the two parts are chrome plated... he induced the problem into the key inavertently...
The oil was wetting out the two parts and causing a surface tension... I shot some contact cleaner in to de-oil the area... cleaned it well... and now its as smooth as a babys butt...

All the time he thought it was a bad key... turned out to be the best buy at the meet... shows you what a little knowledge can do... grin...

DON'T OIL the saddle portion of the keyer... is the moral here... just a light amount on the two bearings only.... is my advise... and watch what you claim... is bad... A good value

73's G>M> WA6CDE

AA8PP Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2004 18:14 Send this review to a friend
Nice Keyer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received an older vibrokeyer from a purchase on ebay. 245376 serial number which puts it at about a 1966 model. Key is near new condition and works excellent. Had the Vibroplex Square Racer paddles and always liked the single paddle better.Fit on this key is excellent with no excessive play anywhere.Only change in keyers I may make someday in the future is to purchase a new gold plated one !! 73 from AA8PP

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2004 17:21 Send this review to a friend
Attention to detail, but pay attention  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a fun and accurate key. It's my opinion that those who criticized the key revelead some of their impatience by not taking the time to adjust the key for use. For those wondering what theat involves, Vibroplex spells it out, literally in this document: http://www.vibroplex.com/New_Folder/VKAdjust.htm

Once set-up (and that's not a hard task), this key is a pleasure to use.

I'm afraid in this day in age we have become a society of "plug and play". Unfortunately, plug and play takes away the understading of the process sometimes. It's nice to know how to arrive at point B, not just expect to be brought there.

K7ABV Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2004 22:06 Send this review to a friend
good key for years..  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this single lever key since 1960, so it is an old one...I have a bencher single lever also and a CT-91 which I just purchased. I got instructions from the company on how to adjust it again, after all these years and bingo it works great again..not much play but tight and sending is fine...don't know why many don't like it, I have sent many calls with that key in 40 years plus of dx and contesting...works for me..lowest on the pole is the CT-91 just can't adjust it to fit me...springs too light for my heavy hand ..

W3JY Rating: 4/5 Dec 24, 2003 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Bum raps abound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Several of the previous reviews of the Vibrokeyer mention excess "slop" in the pivot mechanism. On my early 1970s vintage Vibrokeyer at least, there is an adjustment screw on the lever itself and it takes up quite a lot of that slop. Of course, the pivot itself is adjusted as all Vibroplexes are adjusted, by the hidden adjustment screw located under the base.

I am not so proficient with CW as some are, but up to 25 WPM or so--my copy speed--I enjoy sending with it. I chose the Vibrokeyer so as not to damage my Lightning Bug fist, but to have something compatible with other people's rigs during Field Day and such.

Call me, "Pleased with Vibrokeyer in Philly"!