Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | LOGic 7 for Windows Help

Reviews Summary for LOGic 7 for Windows
LOGic 7 for Windows Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129 new, 69 upgrade
Description: Latest version of LOGic for Windows.
More info: http://www.hosenose.com

You can write your own review of the LOGic 7 for Windows.

W6FG Rating: 3/5 Feb 20, 2006 20:07 Send this review to a friend
LOTS of bells and whistles!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Oh LOGic7 is loaded with features, no question about that! But sometimes more is not better, and yes I know I could just use the features I need. I've bought and tried many of the logging programs out there. It's just too much of a learning curve to get LOGic to work for me in a way that's both easy to use and will do the jobs I need done. I don't want a bunch of windows popping up at me, I just need a simple program that will hold all my QSO's and track the awards I chase. I don't need rig control or beam headings etc., just a substitute for a papper log. Win-EQF is much more intuitive and easier to use for my money.

N0AN Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2006 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Feature packed and logical/intuitive operation of those features. Nice integration with TRX-Manager and MixW software. Outstanding reports/award tracking.

The program is powerful and a bit complex, but relatively easy to use. The amazing thing is all of the features work. This may sound silly, but this program is the Swiss Army Knife of logging programs and to have everything work properly and seamlessly is pretty impressive.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2006 11:18 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using Logic since its version was #3, running on DOS in 1992. There is no question: It is simply the best logbook-software on the market, you wont need anything else!

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2005 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Unequalled?  Time owned: more than 12 months
If there's a better logging program around, I have yet to find it. I have used LOGic for many years, and have tried out many others. There are other good loggers out there, but LOGic is the the best I've used. I run it with three different rigs all at the same time. An Ft1000D running SSB or CW, an Ft1000mp running digi modes with MIXW2, and an FT 847 on VHF/UHF. Logic can import the log details from MIXW in the background, at the same time as logging from the other two rigs. It can monitor umpteen different clusters, control rotators, run QSL manager database, and callsign lookups (from CD and Internet) ALL at the same time.. It could probably "whistle Dixie" if I knew how to set it up...
There are MANY options which I haven't even checked out. If you know a little about programming (Foxpro) you can do all sorts of database manipulation. You can also design your own print forms.
Yes.. I'm a MOST satisfied customer.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2004 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Meets my needs the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Logic for my logging for at least 15 years. We all have different criteria by which we judge logging software so here is what is important to me. During a QSO, I want to be able to take extensive notes and then to have them immediately available during the next QSO with the same station. I find that necessary to be able to really get to know the other party over time. I do a lot of digital operating and I often cut paragraphs from the received text and paste it into the logging program.

Logic may be the most comprehensive software package of its kind on the market. Among its myriad features are a Notes field for the individual QSO, plus a Biography field which is present on the screen at your next QSO with the same station. I have never found a size limit to either field. Of course, it is easy to rapidly browse between all of the QSOs with any given station.

If you can think of a feature, Logic probably has it. But with this comprehensiveness and flexibility comes complexity. You will never use all of its features and only a few of us have mastered the package but the support from some very knowledgeable users on the Logic Email Reflector and from the Dennis, the author, makes this my choice. A couple times since my initial purchase I have done a fairly extensive evaluation of other packages and decided that none met my needs as well. The package is more expensive than most but you can download a fully functional version, get it working satisfactorily, and learn whether it meets your needs before you invest a dime. In my mind, it represents real value for the money.

W4CWA Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2004 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a LOGic user for about 5 years and have used many other logging programs. I have always stayed with LOGic for the best overall performance and flexibility. It does take a little while to learn some of the advanced features but if you are willing to invest some time with LOGic the benefits returned are quite impressive. LOGic is simply the best logging software out there. Thank you Dennis!

W7RJR Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2004 09:28 Send this review to a friend
The BEST logging software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Like many others, I too have been a long time user of Logic, at least since version 5.0
I wrote my own logging program in 79' so I appreciate what has been put into this project.

The program is comprehensive. The documentation is great (except for one small area), and allows the user much flexibility in use and design. This is clearly the ultimate paper chaser and Dxer application. It will take a new user some time to go through the program and understand how it works. It may at times seem a bit frustrating but once the light bulb turns on, you will agree that nothing out there beats this program.

The most important ingredient is the support provided by Dennis. His support is a shining example of how it should be done. How often do you call a tech support line and get to speak directly with the person that created the product? Dennis even supports my old Logic 5 program, no questions asked. The callbooks (and other features) can be updated over the internet and they work amazingly well.

There are only two SMALL problems I have noticed and that is the documentation for the report writer was not current. I also noticed that one of the QSL card reports had a problem locating a .bmp file. Considering the complexity of the program, that's not much to be concerned with.

I highly recommend this logging program for all but casual operators.

73, W7RJR

N3MX Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2004 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Nothing else even comes close!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using LOGic since version 5. Three going on four years now. Prior to that I have and continue to try many other competing products. There simply is no other logging program that even comes close to the quality and shear amount of features and flexibility that this program has to offer. Try the free demo. It is fully functional and will help you decide if it is right for you. Dennis's support is unsurpassed! I use LOGic as my main logging program, for awards tracking and some casual contesting. For most contesting I use Writelog. A program that offers as much as LOGic does require that you spend some time learning it, but it is time well spent and there is loads of help from other users and Dennis is extremly helpful.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2004 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Long time user  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using LOGic since version 3 and it just keeps getting better with each version. Works together with TRX-Manager as an added bonus! The awards tracking and report generation part of the program is outstanding! Tech support is only a phone call or email away and Dennis is always glad to hear from users. 2 thumbs up!

AB4RL Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2004 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Seamless integration with LoTW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been a longtime LOGic user since 1995 (at the time version 4). It's been fun to see the program grow and develop. LOGic 7 by WN4AZY incorporates many new features. The most prominent is the seamless uploading and downloading of Logbook of the World records from the LoTW ARRL web site. Thanks Dennis - you continue to make ham radio fun for me! Can't wait for LOGic 8 :)