Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Better Rf I-mate controller Help

Reviews Summary for Better Rf I-mate controller
Better Rf I-mate controller Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $74.95
Description: Enables voice messaging in the Icom 756 pro 2 and Icom 746 pro radios.
More info: http://www.betterrf.com

You can write your own review of the Better Rf I-mate controller.

NK7Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2013 09:05 Send this review to a friend
Betterrf web site gone!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
product is wonderful... However the web site appears to be gone at this time...

KB8UUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2012 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Great !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine for 2 years & using it on an IC-7600. Makes using the IC-7600 voice/cw/data keyer much easier than having to punch a bunch of menu buttons. Did loose one button, but a quick e-mail and I had a spare set sent to me real quick. Great response from Better-RF.

W8MIS Rating: 2/5 Feb 8, 2012 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Just OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought slightly used. Just wipping of the unit a couple of the buttons fell off they just press on top of the switchs. Needed the pot replaced for the pulse. Emailed the them asking for help part size etc. Never even answered the email they did not know if it was old or new! I did not find it very useful sold quickly on ebay.

K4ML Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2011 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Meets a Need Perfectly  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the i-MATE for five years now and can attest to its tremendous utility. My iCOM 746-Pro is twice as enjoyable with the i-MATE in-line. I use the four quick access buttons heavily during CW contests and DX'ing. In my situation, I also use the red push-to-talk button heavily. It's just the perfect solution when I'm using the Heil Pro Set headset and don't want to use VOX. My compliments on design, implementation and production. A fine product that truly addresses a need.

PG00023016 Rating: 3/5 Apr 21, 2011 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Helps  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is one accessory that I wish I didn't buy. It does work, hoever I had an Icom 746PRO and found that I could make my own cw memory keyer for the rig for about $20.00 and it worked just the same. I will check first, now, to see if I can build my own accessory before I purchase one at three times the cost.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2011 06:49 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this for my new IC-7600, and am glad I did. All the functions work as advertised...able to use the voice and CW keyer memories and still see the spectrun scope, and eliminates menu searching. I use a ground-mounted screwdriver antenna (CC&R's), and the TUNE button that produces a pulsed tone power output on SSB is a very convenient way to tune the antenna for minimum SWR...eliminates several steps of buttun pushing. Yeah, the mic cord is a bit short, but I was able to work around that. The PTT button is convenient for short duration transmissions.
Overall, it does a lot for the price...highly recommended if you use the keyer memories and manually tune an amplifier or motor-driven antennas.

M0MGF Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2009 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant accessory  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a wonderfull accessory to have. I ordered this direct (UK prices are Rip-Off prices) and within a couple days it was here in my hands..
Set up was simple, and I really do mean that. Pretty much Plug'n'Play.
Yes, the lead is a little on the short side, but if it was a couple feet long, then there would be those that would complain about that. We are amateurs after all - we can replace the cable ourselves to the exact length required.
I love the tune facility.. I use it all the time when tuning up my amplifier. So much better then having a constant key.
Customer support - this just can not be any better. I have just moved my shack about, and somehow, dont know how, but lost two of the buttons. One email to Gerry at around 11am UK time, and I get an immediate reply - and this is their Thanks giving weekend. Great Service.
Would I recommend this company to others? Without a hesitation.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2009 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Accessory for Icom!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This one little box solves a ton of problems which might come while using an ICOM IC-756PRO series! My PROIII is connected to an LDG tuner, and the TUNE control sends out a safe, pulsed signal that makes automatic tuning simple with the LDG. The PPT button makes it SOOOO much easier to use my Heil Boomset than either of Heil's foot or hand switches. The i-Mate is small and nicely matches the Icom color (good work on that, Gerry!). Run the Heil cable to the i-Mate, run the short cable from the i-Mate to the Icom, and you're in business. I haven't tried the voice memories yet, but the two above features make it well worth the cost of the convenience this little gem provides. In many years of hamming, this is one of the best, most practical accessories I've ever found. de KK8ZZ

K6WSC Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2008 18:26 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have my I-MATE connected to the ICOM 746PRO and love it. I have used it extensively during several recent contests for CW operation. The I-MATE is a great ergonomic (operating convenience) addition to your shack. 73, Bill

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2008 19:32 Send this review to a friend
WORKS GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my I-MATE for over 5 years & love it.I NEVER turn the Spectrum Scope on my ICOM 756 PROII off so this was a much needed piece of gear for my shack.Works GREAT & is VERY simple to hook up.Worth the price then some! }:>)

Clayton