Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Better Rf I-mate controller Help

Reviews Summary for Better Rf I-mate controller
Better Rf I-mate controller Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $74.95
Description: Enables voice messaging in the Icom 756 pro 2 and Icom 746 pro radios.
More info: http://www.betterrf.com

You can write your own review of the Better Rf I-mate controller.

GI0HWO Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2008 00:10 Send this review to a friend
Full Marks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Up & running within 5 minutes of taking it out of the box. Works very well and makes operating a whole lot slicker.
Got mine direct from Better RF (UK price way over the top)
Fast delivery and great service.

Highly recommended.

73 de John

G4POP Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2008 00:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cannot agree with the previous negative reviews as I find the I-Mate a very useful shack accessory and do not find any of the criticisms valid.

Gerry (W6TER) at Better RF was very fast to despatch the unit and very responsive to my enquiries about their products - Great company

LA9AKA Rating: 4/5 Oct 28, 2007 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Very nice accessory!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bougt this to use with my IC-7800. Works wery well. Only thing I would like to see on this one is some connectors with better quality.

K3BOY Rating: 4/5 Nov 7, 2006 18:42 Send this review to a friend
What my rig needed.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had no trouble setting up this unit. It's especialy handy to adjust an external tuner and amplifier. The only complaint I have is the too short cord from the unit to the xcvr input otherwise I would rate it a 5.

W4ALJ Rating: 2/5 Sep 23, 2005 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Better RF Shielding Needed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Despite the universally good reviews posted here, I've had nothing but problems with the i-Mate trying to use it with my Pro II. I followed the set up instrucions and, although the memory keying is fine, if I put the i-Mate in line with my Heil HM-ic mike and use it in SSB mode, I get terrible rf in my audio. I am well grounded and have no such problems without the i-Mate in line. I have e-mailed Better RF and corresponded with the designer who could offer no explanation for my problems. His only suggestion was that I bypass the audio line to mike ground with a .001 mfd. capacitor inside the i-Mate, which I did with no success. Also, the pulser performs quite erratically. Though it works fine on 20 meters, on 17 meters the sine wave gives off a raucus sound and the only way I can adjust it out to normal is to turn the mike gain control to almost zero. Perhaps I got a defective unit but I think, at least,the rf problem could be solved by use of a metal rather than a plastic cabinet. In any event, I've relegated it to a desk drawer since it's proven to be more of a problem than it's worth and I've wasted more than its purchase price in the time I've spent trying to make it work properly.

KT4XP Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2005 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Device.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this devise all the time on my Icom 746 pro
You can send all four message buffers without
changing the display.The Tuning Pulser works great
with my amplifier.I can tune up once with full drive power and not have to work my way up to full
power.This saves time and is much easier on the finals.It's a nice accessory to have.

N1DL Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2004 03:47 Send this review to a friend
great addition to IC-7800  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Although advertised as an accessory for the IC-756 the I-MATE works very well with the ICOM
IC-7800. I use mine frequently and love it.

The connection cable from the I-Mate to the microphone could be a bit longer however.

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2004 00:02 Send this review to a friend
Great for contesting!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought mine last fall and used it in several contests (Phone and CW). Worth every penny. 2 thumbs up!

VE3QAC Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2004 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent useful item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
A good quality item that would be useful for any owner of an Icom 756 Pro 2 or Icom 746 Pro radio