Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond MR77 2m/70cm Mag Mount Ant. Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond MR77 2m/70cm Mag Mount Ant.
Diamond MR77 2m/70cm Mag Mount Ant. Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: 2m/70cm Antanna with Magnetic Base.
19.5 Inches (0.5m) high, 13 Feet RG58C/U and terminates to a PL-259 plug.
2m = 1/4 Wave, 70cm = 1/2 wave.
Max Power = 70 Watts.
The Diamond MR77SMA is the identical, but terminates to an SMA plug.
1 Year Mfg. Warranty.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/mr77.pdf

You can write your own review of the Diamond MR77 2m/70cm Mag Mount Ant..

W4PSV Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2011 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Fills the bill  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Since I don't spend too much time in my car, I wanted a simple, inexpensive antenna to attach to my HT in the car. This unit fills the bill nicely and seemed like a better product, based on reviews and actual inspection, than some others. Easy to put on and take off (although I mostly leave it on) and easy to thread adequate coax to mount on my trunk. No problem making repeaters at least 20 miles away with my 5 watts.

AE2K Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2011 12:28 Send this review to a friend
Awesome antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased this antenna based on the reviews on this site. I was looking for a great performing economical dual band antenna with the capability of removing it and not drilling holes into my car. I am using the antenna mounted on my trunk and running the coax into the car. I easily have been hitting repeaters full quieting 30-50 miles away on 5 watts on my Yaesu Ft-8800.

K6DPY Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2010 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Simple and effective  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Many times the simplest product is the best because it just works, and there's no extras that attempt to improve (increasing price) but only serve to degrade the effectiveness. This is one of those products. It gets the antenna out of and on top of the vehicle, which is where it should be. Simple to install and simple to remove. It just works!

KC0KJF Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2010 10:07 Send this review to a friend
A little jewel  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have mine on top of a blazer hasn't came loose ever and receive is great also trans is good i can hit repeaters almost 50 mile radius depending on terrain and at 35 miles no sweat most on medium power with a FT1900R Yaesu. I like that its short and not ostentatious, I would recommend to anyone.

K1WJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2010 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Great so far....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed on wife's Nissan Versa - SWR checks good 2m/440 - no adj. needed. QA seems fine. So far no issues. Like it alot....73 K1WJ Dave

W6LSN Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2009 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Awesome, highly recommended.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased for cross-country trip back to college w/non-ham son in his car. Needed a non-permananet installation. This worked perfectly the whole trip. Held perfectly even with sustained speeds in excess of 75mph. Max speed I know we hit, briefly, was ~92mph. Worked perfectly on both 2M & 450MHz w/SWR <1.5:1. Easy disassembly meant it fit in my carry-on luggage for the plane flight home. No adjustments were required though the necessary allen wrench is provided.

I like the fact the base is sealed to weather and no O-rings are required when attaching the element.

KE5VRW Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2009 10:03 Send this review to a friend
This is a great little antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently purchased this antenna for use with my base station. Have it placed 6 feet above floor on window ledge. Works great.

KJ4KKI Rating: 4/5 Jul 17, 2009 22:37 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Antenna for the money. Tx/Rx is outstanding.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'd give it a 5, except that I have only had it now for about 2 1/2 weeks and only have gotten to try it a few times. However, the reception has been great. I live in Bowling Green, Kentucky and talked to the Mammoth Cave repeater in Glasgow, about 30-35 miles away. Rock solid on both directions. The kicker is that I was only using 1 watt on my Yaesu FT-60 HT. Small footprint, good performance, and at around $45-50, an affordable antenna. I have the SRH77CA as a replacement duck, and it performs fantastic also. With the high gain and wide receive, I get all the public safety and airport channels fine. With both antennas, I was able to hear Nashville approach/departure traffic. The airport is about 70-80 miles away. HRO advised me to go with the Diamond and the choice was well spent money.

KE5GDB Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2009 10:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is amazing.

Pros:
- Small and compact
- Good gain (maybe not by the specs, but on a size-to-gain ratio, it's wonderful)
- Good magnet => stays on the roof at over 80mph
- Dual band
- PRE-TUNED

Cons:
- Mine doesn't work any more (I shouldn't have tried it on the bike; see my QRZ pic)
- It'd be nice if they made one with BNC

Final Thoughts:
Despite the fact that I messed up the first one, I have the intentions of buying another, or maybe two more. The size is unbeatable, and so is the performance. The price is just right too, with it clocking in just over $40. Mine was hit by the top of the garage several times, and it never lost its shape. This is a great antenna, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

KI6PDQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2008 21:51 Send this review to a friend
The one and only  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great mag. mount dual band antenna, strong magnet, great looks and great price. In my opinion no other antenna in the market can beat this little beauty. A solid 5! Available with sma and pl259 connectors.