Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems
Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $39
Description: FT-7800 Programming Kit (Includes Data Cable)
More info: http://www.cloningsoftware.com

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems.

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2009 00:50 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought an FT-60 over the summer and got ADMS for it. Worked great right out of the box; easy to use and straight-forward language. I'm getting a mobile in December and any version of 3. or higher will allow you to copy and paste from your file to another radio. For programming, doing splits, alpha tags, etc., I can't imagine doing it by hand. At the right, I can write out the full name of that frequency, rather than the brief space on the display. Print out the spreadsheet and you can instantly see what you have. I put two blank lines between each bank of freqs, so I can instantly look downt he sheet and identify banks and repeaters or agencies in them. Makes it easier. Although, you do have to be careful to tell the printer what to print, or it will print out the entire spreadsheet...empty boxes included.

WA3YSS Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2009 05:47 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the older version of this software (ver 2.3), and it was a real job to transfer data from the ARRL Travel Plus CD to this program.

I purchased the new version at Dayton (ver 3), and it is well worth it. A couple of mouse clicks, and it is done.

Excellent software....highly recommended.

Art
WA3YSS

KJ4ACB Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2008 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had nothing but success with this software. I have used it several times and it definitely beats manual programming! I needed help to start and as usual the support from RT Systems is always top notch.

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2006 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Easy to use, works well and they have been regularly updating it.

A must if you have two radios.

Looking forward to the VX-170 version.

N7PV Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2006 19:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently started using a new PC with the Win XP operating system. After loading and updating (via the RT Systems website) the ADMS-2K software, I was unable to save data read from my FT7800. It took a number of tries but Rod Thompson of RT Systems stayed with it and finally found the problem. Win XP was, in its infinite wisdom, applying the update to the wrong file. Kudos to Rod for a good product and great customer support.

AD5SX Rating: 5/5 Jun 2, 2005 09:06 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software may have needed some work/updates early on (not uncommon in the software world) but from my experience it's stable and works well. Good support from the provider is another plus.

Paul
AD5SX

N5BSD Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2004 23:06 Send this review to a friend
Works easy as ya please  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it right after it was released, had a minor issue with imports, they had an update for it within days, support is always excellent, heck even sent me an upgrade notice direct non-mailing list to let me know they have a new upgrade for it and I have not had to deal with them since right after I got it.
I wholeheartedly recomend this peice of ware to anyone with the fine little rig.

KD4T Rating: 4/5 Aug 11, 2004 07:01 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The software has some areas for improvement, but it certainly works and is almost essential in loading the FT7800. I coppied about 130 repeater listings from a web site to an EXCEL file and then imported them using ADMS-2. Then set radio parameters and downloaded to my radio. It worked great. I did have to update the software with the patch on their web site. After selecting copy to radio the ADMS-2 software gives each step to complete the process. They tell you that you must first copy the radio to your PC if you have made any mods to the radio. This is a necessary step.

VE3NIO Rating: 0/5 May 26, 2004 13:03 Send this review to a friend
JUNK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Same experience as others - the cable works great. Fortunately, I now have FTB7800 software from G4HFQ that is nothing short of spectacular. With radios offering 1000+ memories, software needs to be an integral part of the radio product. Fortunately G4HFQ offers a grossly superior product to this one and has sufficient resources for quality control, beta testing, and post sales technical support.
bob

W3FHW Rating: 2/5 Mar 23, 2004 21:09 Send this review to a friend
must be like the FT-8900R software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
There is a patch for this software at http://www.rtsars.com/ Select "software updates".

I dont know if this patch will help you or not. I have two ft-8900R's and bought their lousy soft ware for them. There are two patches for the 8900 software and I don't expect them to be the last patches from this terrible outfit. Grade and comments are for the 8900 software

LOL Fred, W3FHW