Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems
Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $39
Description: FT-7800 Programming Kit (Includes Data Cable)
More info: http://www.cloningsoftware.com

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2K software for Yaesu FT-7800R by RT Systems.

KR3DX Rating: 1/5 Mar 23, 2004 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Dreadful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The only reasons that I gave the software a 1 instead of a 0 rating are the fact that the cable works, and after 3 days I was finally able to get the software to (sort of) program the 7800. I installed the software and connected to the radio. Great, it worked the first time. I downloaded the contents of the 7800 to my computer (I had "manually" programmed about 100 memories and band scan limits prior to obtaining the software). I proceeded to add frequencies into the memory slots in the software. Data entry is very tedious, not user friendly like the VX-2 Commander software which is really great. After 1-1/2 hours of typing, I clicked the "send data to radio" icon. My computer gave a "fatal error, this program will be shut down" message. No help from the "instruction" sheet that came with the software. At this point, I hadn't lost any data that I'd already manually programmed into the radio, so I was only out the 1-1/2 hours of work that I had invested so far. I tried for a few hours to get the program to work properly, to no avail. I loaded the software onto my laptop computer (also running Win 98 SE) and I obtained the same results. Thoroughly exhausted and fustrated, I gave up for the day. I returned to the task the next day, and after a few more hours I discovered that I could "save" a file if I did not enter any "programmable scan limits" into the program. I slowly added more and more entries, saving the file every 10 or so entries so that I wouldn't loose too much time if the program crashed again. The software worked OK until I tried entering "programmable scan limits" into it, then it would crash EVERY time. I uploaded the data into the radio several times and I got and "error" message on the radio only once. So the software seems to work OK as long as you don't put any entries into the dreaded L1 through U50 memory spots. I cut and pasted 3 files and after the upload I noticed that the memory data in these spaces was corrupted. Another bug in the software, beware!! With 1000 memories and 20 scan banks, the 7800 needs to be programmed by a computer and this is the only software available for the FT7800 at the current time, which in my opinion, is the only reason that any of this stuff gets purchased from the vendor. A bunch of retarded gradeschoolers could have written better software than this. Hey Jim, would you consider writing your excellent Commander software to accommodate the FT7800? I'll send ya $50 American if you do!

Denny