Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS - 1H Advanced Data Management System for the VX-2 Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS - 1H Advanced Data Management System for the VX-2
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 2.7/5 MSRP: $39
Description: Windows programming software kit for Yaesu VX-2R complete with software and CT-29A/CT-28A cables.
More info: http://www.rtsars.com/yaesu_Template.cfm?yaesupage=ADMS1H

You can write your own review of the ADMS - 1H Advanced Data Management System for the VX-2.

K0KL Rating: 1/5 Jun 26, 2009 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Poor/No Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Problem is with support after the fact. Had OK results with FT- 50 and FT-897 programmers, though through the years had cable problems with the FT-50. Used to be able to talk to a real person. No more.
I bought the VX-2 program and cable and it worked OK first time, though moving data from one program to the other is a little tedious, no support and not spelled out too well.
In any event a month later I had a cable problem. Three calls and 2 emails to RT systems yielded no results. I then called the credit card company and cancelled the charge, after all I couldn't use the product and seeming no support.
Subsequently I found a note that I could get a new cable for $10. Figuring I was throwing more money at it but wanted to use the program I sent a check and the old cable back.
Later I got an e-mail asking what the problem was, fully 60 days after I sent the original complaint in. A phone message told me I didn't have to go to the credit card company, h'mmm what's wrong with that picture. So I got a replacement cable in the mail. No notes, comments or the like. I did get notified 4 weeks later that my check was destroyed by them. It was only $10, but at least I should have gotten a notice with the replacement cable. I just released the charge fully 4 months after the original purchase.
Absolutely the worst customer relations I have ever experienced in 52 years on ham radio!
The only reason I give a 1 is I can use the clunky software, but if a problem develops, you're on your own!

KE6JTK Rating: 0/5 May 6, 2007 02:22 Send this review to a friend
It's a POC. When you go belly-up RT, try selling popcorn.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The software most likely came from a kidís botched preschool science project. Itís absolutely appalling, & a disgrace to a reputable company like Yaesu. RT Systemís programmers need to enter rehab or go back home to live with their mamma. Maybe both if they can manage it. What the hell is that white dot below the ďVXĒ on the home screen in version 2.26? Did a brain-fart do in the QC tech the day of that release?

Farm it out to Bangalore because you just donít get much for paying minimum wage here stateside.

K0BX Rating: 4/5 Mar 15, 2005 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Cable Works very well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the ADMS cable and software a few weeks ago. I used their website and they shipped out the package the next day. Ordered on a Thursday and received it on Monday. So no problem with the company.
I also have a Yaesu FT-7800R that I wanted to program so I cut off the end of a mouse cable and added a plug on the end. I used the G3 software for the FT-7800R. All I can say is that the ADMS cable worked fine and their software worked fine. 1st time, all the time. No problem at all.
I am using the Commander software for the VX-2 most of the time as the G3 software and the Commander software can read each other files. It is nice to have both rigs with the same memories.

I played around for almost 6 months trying to build a interface cable. I have built several of these cables over the years, but as I get older my eyes and hands are not what they used to be. The ADMS cable seems to be well built, and the 3 pin to 4 pin adapter is very nice.

I believe I could use this cable with my IC-706MK2 with a 3 to 2 pin adapter.

So I know some guys have had some problems, but then there are guys who always have problems. All I can say is it works for me.

Joe K0BX

KB2KZT Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2005 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed adms-1h with the latest patch (Version 2.17). Upload/Download to and from vx-2r worked without any problems. The software makes programming the radio a breeze.

N3OC Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2004 20:16 Send this review to a friend
Worked Fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The software worked fine for me, no lockups or other problems. Read from and programmed to radio just fine, and it is much more convenient to populate your radio memories using the computer keyboard than it is using the radio itself.

It accesses all the radio features and settings, not just the frequency memories.

N2DY Rating: 1/5 Mar 25, 2004 13:49 Send this review to a friend
Dreadful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was hoping to use this software to program the over 1,000 memories in my new Yaesu VX-2R. Initially everything started up okay. I got fairly far along in creating a file of my favorite frequencies when the software just locked up and said that it had to close due to an error. I tried again and again and the same result. It is clear that this company does not test their products. I gave it a 1 only because the cable works fine. Instead I used Jim Mitchell's VX-2 Commander software instead. That is a terrific product. Get Jim's software instead of this junk.