Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | DX Engineering Radial Plate Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Radial Plate
DX Engineering Radial Plate Reviews: 42 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $54.50
Description: Stainless Steel Radial Plate
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-radp-3

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Radial Plate.

K6FI Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2012 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Parts and Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Radial Plate for my Hustler 4BTV Install. All the parts came packaged nicely and all accounted for plus two spare washers :).

Installation and directions for all my equipment (Tilt Base, Radial Plate, Current Feedline Choke) was superb.

I have 60, 32 foot radials attached. When I had questions, I called their support and spoke with George who was more then helpful, he was a very pleasant understanding person to speak with.

If I need parts again, DX Engineering is the place to shop and be satisfied.

Pictures available here http://blog.k6fi.me

KC0CF Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 00:26 Send this review to a friend
Excellent radial plate!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installing ground radials was so easy with this plate, I installed it under my Hy-Gain Hy-tower, with 40- 65 ft radials. The performance of this vertical, before and after was amazing. Each night I would try it with a few more radials down, and get better results. The quality of manufacture is the best, nothing to cut your fingers on, no curse words utered, and that is nothing short of amazing for me. Do your self a favor and buy this radial plate, not only does it work exactly like the guys at DX engineering say it does, it is beautiful and easy to work with as well, the RF feed through gets the ground from to the radials perfectly. Thanks DX engineering, this vertical works all the dx it hears now.

K2VI Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2011 16:18 Send this review to a friend
excellent customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love this radial plate. The best thing is it is built like a stainless steel panzer tank. This plate will be used 20 years from now. You buy it once it last forever. I did have a bad thread on one of the stainless saddle clamps that secures the plate. I called dx engineering and it was in transit the next day.Great company to do bussiness with. They stand behind there product. Thanks DXE.

ANTHONY COSTA K2VI

NV7E Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2010 23:23 Send this review to a friend
Best radial plate  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a Cushcraft MA8040V vertical which worked fine at my former QTH in South Africa. It is a great antenna but weaknesses are that connection of the coax to the antenna is flimsy and the number of radials you can attach is limited.

The DX Engineering radial plate solves these problems. With it you can install a SO-238 connector which you can solder with a wire to the antenna for use with a regular PL-259 plug for your coax. The radial plate provides for 64 radials with larger bolts and nuts for better connections. It's very solid.

I used the radial plate as part of the MA8040V installation on the chimney of my new QTH in Nairobi. It works great. It will be a standard part of my future vertical antenna requirements.

5Z4EE

W3END Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2009 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great product makes putting radials down so easy and neat plus the folks at DX Engineering are absolutely the best. If you're going to put down radials I highly suggest buying this product from DX.

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2009 15:37 Send this review to a friend
WOW!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great piece of work!!
I just installed it under my Hustler 4 BTV to "tidy up" my 50 or so radials i put down hastily that looked like a rats nest. I was suprised at how well made the plate is. It took me all day to pull up all of my radials and associated spikes and reinstall all 50, but the install looks so much neater now. No more rats nest!!! Thanks DX Engineering for a great product!!!

WG5J Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2009 11:00 Send this review to a friend
A must have for the steppir vertical.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I love my Steppir BigIR vertical but it only has one ground lug. This radical plate solves that and it totally rocks. Nice construction, quick service, etc. - Highly recommended. 73, D.

K0BT Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2009 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Makes Installing Radials Much Easier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This hardware is very well made and it makes installing radials much easier. I installed 60 radials around a 6BTV and I don't know how I would have done it without this plate. The folks at DX Engineering are pleasant and helpful and they know a lot about antenna installation. I highly recommend their hardware and their company.

Bob

VE1VOX Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2008 20:01 Send this review to a friend
Slick & Clean  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Makes a clean easy attachment for your radials. Well built should last virtually forever.

WU8P Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2008 04:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very well made. Makes installing a radial system very easy, very clean.
DX Engineering is outstanding company to do business with.