Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-1C for the Yaesu FT-50R Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-1C for the Yaesu FT-50R
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 1.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Cable and software to program the FT-50R

You can write your own review of the ADMS-1C for the Yaesu FT-50R.

KB4TPP Rating: 0/5 Nov 2, 2007 02:13 Send this review to a friend
Total piece of feces software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got a refresher of how much of a POS this software is when I obtained an FT-50 again second hand. I thought I would save time and try loading an old RDF file...would have been quicker to key in all 100 memory channels. This software is full of bugs, poorly written and forget running on a modern machine and expecting it to work. After a dozen times of trying to write and it would go to 60 percent and bomb- I gave up. It isn't worth the 25 dollars they sell it for. I tried it on 3 different PC's of different vintages and got the same result (Win2K, XP and Win98SE) it didn't work.

Tech support? You're kidding right? For most of the day of Nov 1 2007 all but their main page was coming up with compiler errors. That's a bad sign, a software company website who's website is corrupt. I thought some of Motorola's RSS from the 80's (Saber comes to mind) was a bear, but at least it works. This RT Systems stuff is total waste matter...why the major ham companies buy this turdwater software from these people is beyond me. You'll save time, just read your manual and key in the data without a computer. Or if you are lucky the "free" software out there blows away this trash anyday (FT-60 commander that is).

N5NPO Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2007 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Not that bad at all.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been programming radios with computer software for years. This ADMS-1C is not bad at all. Compare this to some of the hideous stuff Motorola and GE call programming software and you will see what I mean. Icom makes some difficult to figure out commercial stuff too. I like the Kenwood windows based commercial programming stuff best, but this ADMS-1C is not bad at least compared to some of the commercial programming software I have used over the years.

K3GO Rating: 0/5 Nov 8, 2004 02:32 Send this review to a friend
Bad Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this for Win98 when I got the FT-50R. Software is lousy. Cannot cut or paste. Will not store freq that are 'out of band' erases them in your radio. Their answer is 'Yaesu does not allow them' HEY Grow up most cellular is digital, you can not hear anything anyway. I wanted the 827-831 MHz for Police/EMS and they told me too bad. The NEW software is for WIN XP is just as lousy as the old stuff. In fact it is the old stuff recompiled. NO cut & paste of freq. No rapid memory population, pitiful menu and screen layouts still.

Too bad someone has not put this company out of it's misery.

Email me if you have any questions.
John de K3GO

W7UY Rating: 1/5 Mar 29, 2004 19:42 Send this review to a friend
Lots of problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an earlier version that ran OK, but when I upgraded my notebook computer it would not work. I paid for an upgrade and it did not work. They had me send the cable back and I still had problems. It is working now, but files are not compatable with the older versions of the software.