Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | ADMS-2F for the Yaesu FT-1500M Help

Reviews Summary for ADMS-2F for the Yaesu FT-1500M
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: Programming software

You can write your own review of the ADMS-2F for the Yaesu FT-1500M.

KA1JY Rating: 3/5 Apr 11, 2009 05:39 Send this review to a friend
Okay but some bugs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Almost works.

There are clearly some issues when translating the output of the program sheet to CSV or tab delimited files. The wide/narrow setting gets corrupted (or reported incorrectly) the Skip on scan stuff also get creamed when doing an import or export.
Unfortunately this makes editing the channel list using Excel sort of 'lame'.
If you use the built in editor you are fine but if you import export you will find yourself doing a lot of 'repairs' to a few of the settings.

I use an excel file that I exported and edited from my vx-170 which works perfectly on that rig. I was a bit disappointed with the translation problems with this version.

I really think this is simply a bit map to excel character issue as the actual reading and writing to the radio works most of the time. I did get one complete crash and several instances of the task-progress bar not completing. Also I had one instance of the radio being unresponsive to most of the buttons after programming. Reprogramming seemed to resolve this.

Bottom line is this works but don't count on using those comma or tab files for wide/narrow, power out, or scan skip settings. Not sure about any of the other tweak settings. Frequencies, splits, and Tone data work fine.

Close_ but needs a bit of work. (FYI- I tried the RT update which did update my vx150 files but nothing specific for the 1500.)

W8AAZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2009 19:37 Send this review to a friend
Reasonably Intuitive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this on both a PC and laptop XP system. Seems to be intuitive enough to use for me. I use it with two 1500's and am satisfied. Now if the programming software for the VX-1 had been that easy to use. That software was the most baffling thing I ever had and gave up. Just hand programmed the little radio after that, I rarely use it anyway.

W8NGA Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2008 19:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Called and ordered the software along with the programming cable on and it arrived 2 days later. Installed the CD in just about 15 minutes on my Vista Laptop and soon after, I was reading the frequencies from my radio and then uploading several new ones as well.

The information for each channel is entered on a spreadsheet format and its very easy to use. I have a dislike for computers and have very little patience for poorly written software but this is a breeze to use.

I would recommend that anyone that owns a FT-1500M transceiver should consider the purchase of the ADMS-2F software.

MW0DCT Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2007 02:24 Send this review to a friend
saves time  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the FT1500 for 3 years now and its a great radio.
Its connected to the car on the ignition so it switches off when the car if off.
Twice its lost all the memories.
Last month I took some 4hrs to program every memory with every UK repeater and code & name.
I was so happy it was done.....Guess what....yep...it lost every memory again.

So...not wanting to spend another 4 hrs manually programming the radio in the car I bout thre software from RT Systems.

the CD arrived and wouldnt run so contacted RT via landline in the states and they sorted the issue out by sending me a link to download the software and a new code which worked.
Great Customer service with no issues at all so 10/10 for RT Systems.

Now the software.....So easy to to use for me. Loaded all 130 memories with all the repeaters and simplex channels and now have the file on tap should the radio lose the memories again.
Will only take 2 mins to get the radio back.

If you have an FT1500 and dont want to manually program the radio this is so quick and easy its money well spent.

Cheers

Paul
MW0DCT

N5NPO Rating: 4/5 Apr 15, 2007 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Lots better than Man. Programming  Time owned: more than 12 months
As I have stated before, the ADMS software is not perfect, but compared to others out there it is awesome. Sure beats manualually turning the dial and hitting buttons and turning the dial and hitting buttons and turning... you get the idea.

W7UY Rating: 2/5 Mar 29, 2004 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Lots of problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
The original version of this software worked well on a desktop computer but would not run on my notebook. This makes programming the FT-1500M difficult since it needs to be removed from the vehicle. I bought an upgrade from RT Systems and it installed easily and was able to read and write to the radio with only minor problems. However, it leaves the radio in a mode other than memory mode. It took hours of reading manuals and playing with radio "locks" to find this out.