Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | KB6NU Technician License Exam Study Guide Help

Reviews Summary for KB6NU Technician License Exam Study Guide
KB6NU Technician License Exam Study Guide Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free!
Description: Downloadable study guide for the technician license exam. Includes 6 practice exams. It only has 12 pages of actual material, yet answers every question in the question pool.
More info: http://www.kb6nu.com

You can write your own review of the KB6NU Technician License Exam Study Guide.

KE5DIU Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2004 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent material! Highly recommended!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Free study guide makes studying for the tech exam a very logical process. Much easier than reading over questions and answers.

I read through the guide twice, took all 6 practice tests, and several other practice tests online, and only missed 3 questions on my element 2 exam.

I highly recommend this guide to everyone thinking of becoming a ham!!

KC9GOW Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2004 05:38 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried to READ thru the guide several times and got almost nowhere.

There was a test in my area coming up and I really wanted to take it, but I was not even close to ready and knew it so I wasn't going to waste my money and the VEC's time.

The test was part of a Escapade and there were a couple of people we wanted to see anyway so we went.

I STUDIED at McDonalds while I was waiting for my wife to finish lunch, I arrived about 2 hours before the test and STUDIED for about 1 1/2 hours of that time and decided "oh well, I've wasted more than $12.00 before".

I PASSED (missing 4 & the VE told me I answered 34 & 35 on the same line-duh) with only about 2 hours of actual STUDY time. (I do have some electrical background-the minor portion of the Tech test)

So what more can I say, It is GREAT, when can I hope for a GENERAL Study Guide?

I did give my copy to the VEC with high recomendations as a resource to pass along to others and will be promoting the guide and the group at every opportunity!

It's much more compact than the Gordon West book, just to the point information.

My wife is studying it now and I expect she will be ready soon with no prior background.

Thanks again for a fantastic product & FREE no less!

Butch Williams

KE5CCC Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2004 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended study guide for your Tech no-code!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Awesome, FREE, complete and well written study guide for the current Tech no-code exam.

I read through it several times, took a few online sample tests, and passed the exam with flying colors.

If you want to get on the air quickly, use Bruce's study guide. I recommend it to anyone asking me about getting their amateur radio license.

Jody.
KE5CCC

KB3LGB Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2004 20:48 Send this review to a friend
An excellent method for preparing for the Element 2 Technician  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This free study guide ia an excellent way to prepare for the FCC Element 2 Technician license. Materials are presented in a logical and exam thorough manner. The detail is only a little more than necessary to pass the exam. I over studied this material, got a perfect score on the exam, and could visualize the the circuit questions that must be downloaded and used in conjunction with the study guide when taking the test. Use this program to get your license painlessly.

KC2MYH Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2004 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bruce's study guide covers the key points for every area of the examination. It is brief and easy to read while being full of the essential information at the same time.
I read the guide over several times and took each of the practice tests, but had to put off the real exam for several months. When I finally had some time to take the element 2, I re-read the guide twice and passed the next morning with ease.

I have found the guide so helpfull I have passed it on to a friend and family member.

KC9FYO Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2004 23:46 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The study guide is particularly useful in the following ways:
1. It is a great refresher after studying the comprehensive manuals. It brings every important concept up for review in a concise and understandable way. Concepts that are fuzzy after reading about them in the manuals snap in to clear focus.
2. It is an effective study aid. Going through the questions in the study guide allowed me to identify all the concepts I didn't understand and needed to study more. It also presented wrote memorization facts and figures in a concise, organized and understandable way.
3. Of course the guide is a good way to "cram" for the test too. If a student has little interest in principles and just wants to "get by" and pass the test, it's possible to do it using your study guide.
4. Finally, in my case, I wanted to study for the General exam too. Bruce's guide helped me to keep the Technician material in focus while I also studied the General material and was a large factor in helping me pass the Tech, Code and General exams on the same day.

N1JLW Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2004 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bruce has put together an excellent study guide and workbook for the aspiring new ham to use in preparation for the entry level technician exam. This guide when used in conjunction with a text like "Now You're Talking" or "Ham Radio For Dummies" cuts out all the superfluous material and cuts to the chase. I can personally attest to the effectiveness of his study guide as I have seen two newly licensed hams as a result of their having employed the study guide prior to taking the exam. I would highly recommend using it and you can't beat the price either.

KC9FRX Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2004 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Great study guide!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found the W8BBS Technician guide to be a very valuable addition to studying the ARRL "Now You're Talking" book. I was not able to spend much time actually studying the guide, however, I have found that it helped me understand subjects I had trouble with in the book. The diagrams and simple explainations make this study guide a great tool to use either alone or with other study materials. I also find the guide great for reference when questions come up. If you are looking to get into ham radio, I would highly suggest using this guide. I just refered my brother to this guide and hopefully he will be on the air in no time at all. I plan on using more of W8BBS's guides when I upgrade.

Thanks,