Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Spark Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Spark
Begali Spark Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $108 + $15.00 s/h
Description: High-speed straight key with gold plated mechanics and a heavy cast iron base
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Spark.

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 11:45 Send this review to a friend
As Good As It Gets  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was at best lukewarm about using a straight key before I found the Begali Spark. Now I actually feel that I am learning a musical instrument. There may be other straight keys as good but I have not found one. Begali have found the perfect formula - engineer a great key and then make it an art form. I believe this is my sixth Begali and I was only able to criticize one of them and it still earned a five.
There you have it. Begali Spark - as good as it gets.

AD0HG Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2014 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Another Begali work of art  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Spark completes my key collection. I have to say I love this key it is my go to straight key and I love its performance. If you get a chance send some code on one but beware you will probably be in contact with Begali soon after. The customer service is excellent with contact from Bruna every step along the way. Fantastic Key thank you Begali and company for this one.

WB0MMZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2014 19:43 Send this review to a friend
The best of the best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Begali keys are known as the Ferrari of cw. Well put. I ordered my Spark with my call engraved last week. I received an email from Bruna Wednesday morning stating it had been shipped that morning. I got it today, Friday, 2 days later all the way from Italy. The USPS could learn a lot about speed and efficiency when it comes to moving packages.
The Spark is a piece of art to be admired and used. The key comes shipped preset to factory standards. I just made a small adjustment to the spacing.
Bruna emailed me with progress along the way. She is very professional, kind, understanding and easy on the eyes. You can see when she and her father are pictured together that they make a great team.
Piero is a true craftsman and I feel honored to own one of his classic art treasures.
Joe, WB0MMZ
Orlando, FL

N1SUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2014 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Quality you can buy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am getting back into CW after a long absence and wanted a quality straight key. I had been using a camel back that would jump around the table. After doing a bit of research, I came across the Begali site and the Spark was exactly what I was looking for - Solid, well made, and a good reputation from other cw operators. The company is truly amazing. I ordered my Spark on thursday and received it from Italy on Saturday. But the Spark is everything I wanted and sending CW on it is a dream. First the base is cast iron and weighs a ton. No way will this move around on the table. All the parts are well made and it looks beautiful. The knob is comfortable between my fingers, the lever is a little higher than the camel I was using and it's more comfortable on my wrist, and sending CW is smooth. I love it. I wish I had bought this when I first wanted to learn CW because a good piece of equipment can only help. It was pricey @ about $200, but worth every cent.

N7AG Rating: 4/5 Mar 12, 2013 22:49 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I cannot say that this is the best key I've ever used. I must say that I am impressed by the simplicity of this key, it's beauty, & that it works very well.

I would replace the two stainless stop screws with brass ones - which would better compliment the gold platting.

Keys I prefer: Swedish or German

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2013 17:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Str Key, I love it !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love the feel of this key, its solid, precise.
No rattling , just smooth action. Nice and heavy,
sits right in place and its real pretty too, just like those pretty ladies in Italy. This key has moved to my number one spot. Easy to transition to this key from my GHD and Vibroplex. Good service too, they kept in touch , even sent an e-mail to me notifying me the day it was in the truck on the way to my home. Packed good too!!! I am very happy with this purchase.

K2JX Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2012 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

Beautiful straight key, easy on the wrist, stays put on your 'op desk, no screw down needed. Precision adjustments for that "just right" feel.
Cable & 0.03 feeler guage included in box with special edition QSL cards. Service and packing excellent. Thank you Bruna & Pietro !

K7VM Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Makes using a straight key a pleasure!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use a straight key quite often and have had numerous makes and models. Every other key I've had is not even a close second to the Spark." It's responsiveness allows a wide or very close contact gap without sacrificing quality in sending. Adjustments are very sensitive and allow settings for a personal touch that's just right. I had my call sign engraved on my Spark and am glad I did. It won't be one that I'll be getting rid of or replacing. I ordered the Spark just before Christmas for myself so I would have something nice to go with all those black coals in my stocking. Although I told Bruna not to worry if it didn't arrive before Christmas, she wasn't having any of that. It arrived on Dec. 22nd. Such good communications and service! Many thanks Piero and Bruna.

K3DNF Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: months
Ferrari builds cars....
Stradivari crafts violins.....
Begali crafts keys......

'nuff said!

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Pounder's Delight!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This gorgeous key provides simply superb satisfaction during use. Some keys are just 'dull' but this creation is most appropriately named - "spark" ! First, it's heavy and that's a non-negotiable prerequisite for a major league pounder. There is absolutely no slop. And this key is quiet! Adjustments are precise and hold tight. I like to use a straight key with my arm completely off the table while sliding my fore and middle fingers along the top of the knob. This key responds better to me than any other straight key I've ever used because it feels 'lively', almost like it's having fun and wants me to share in it. So I do! Something else that's noteworthy - the Begali Spark is the first straight key I've had that I do not have to debounce first. This includes cathode-keying a homebrew 5763 rig.