Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Spark Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Spark
Begali Spark Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $108 + $15.00 s/h
Description: High-speed straight key with gold plated mechanics and a heavy cast iron base
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Spark.

WA7RBC Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2011 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Spark is a beautifully built and smooth operating key, right down to the laser engraved logo on the top. Thanks to a heavy base and no-wobble bearings, itís a joy to use. Frankly Iím surprised it doesnít cost more!

WX7G Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2010 13:33 Send this review to a friend
smooth!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
At first the Begali Spark seemed a bit much for me; the arm had more mass than I had been used to. But after a few hours of sending I was convinced that this is THE straight key. Smooth as butter and with a comfortable Navy knob having no sharp edges. There is NO slop at all in this key. Zero. The Spark is the perfect blend of art and form from the Italian mechanical master, I2RTF.

NW0M Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2010 07:32 Send this review to a friend
What a Key!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What an outstanding and solid Key. I just rcvd it yesterday and it exceeds my expectations. My Elmer said a Begali is the best and he is RIGHT!

It took 7 days from the time it shipped from Italy and Bruna had great packaging and included a cable.

It's a great addition to my short list of straight keys but it is definately at the top of the list.

Thank you Begali!

EA2CTB Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Solid, precise, beautiful.... Begali.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a few weeks using it, my only comment to myself is: what can you expect? It is a Begali; Needless to comment further.
It is a very solid key, with a different design than the typical straight key, what gives an extra value.
As a straight key, you cannot aim for QRQ, but this design allows some extra speed.
As other Begali keys, its precision combines with its beauty.
It is also surprising the low noise produced while sending.
Adjustments are simple (as in any straight key), but once finished there is no need of readjustment.
The Begali family (specially Bruna) will give you the best service and attention anyone can expect. If you ever contact them you will be engaged...
If you want a beautiful straight key to use it, this is your key.
A solid 5 for a solid Begali!!!!

KB4QQJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2009 00:19 Send this review to a friend
A success!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my Begali Spark #148 for 8 months now and had plenty of QSO's to evaluate it..
I also have a good collection of other straight keys to compare it too.

The key is quite. That's nice. No distractions while sending. And no clatter.
The shaft, while short is very tight and has a good solid feel. NO side to side movement. Good thing.
Simple design, but a great feel. The Spark seems to be built a little more for speed than casual sending.
If you have the ability, it will scoot with little effort and a relaxed arm.
The knob is usable for European or American style sending.
The Spark can be adjusted from "feather light" to "pounders delight"
Adjustments are simple and easily made. Once set, it stays and needs no re adjustments.
It is a solid key. Heavy and no moving around the desk, even at the "pounders" setting.
While not a mobile key it is small enough to take to portable sites. Back Packing is NOT an option. It's a brick.
Great price for such a fine key.
I like the look of the base finish, but in hind site, I wish it had a more gloss finish. The rough gray finish is a real dust catcher if you are out on field day or a deck somewhere. It has no bearing on the sending qualities of this key but it does have some ruff saw marks on the base. That surprised me, but not a big deal.

All said and Done...it is a solid 5!! I'm very Pleased.

Randy_KB4QQJ

W5SV Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2009 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this on the last Straight Key Night; it is an excellent design and execution; a handsome addition to my collection.

Looks and feels solid; far less sloppy and easier to adjust than other keys I have used.

K4ZZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2008 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great sk!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the gold model, built like a tank,adjustments are simple and work like they should, operates smooth. Highly recommend.

K7UA Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2008 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Very nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a palladium Spark for my old time rig to use on Straight Key Night. The palladium key was out of stock for a short time. Bruna Begali actually arranged to have a Gold Spark sent to me as a loaner so that I could have something to use on SKN! The Begali's are some of the nicest people in the world! Be careful if you order the Gold model. It has a lot of "bling" and was way too bright for my tastes. No matter. The palladium key arrived with only a short delay. I returned the Gold Spark to a US address. They even offered to pay for the return shipping on the loaner key. With the poor US dollar to Euro exchange rate we have been fortunate to be allowed to purchase Begali items in US dollars equal to Euros. A generosity that may not last. This is a heavy key. The finish on the moving part is a highly polished gold. The base is made from cast iron. You cannot expect the cast iron base to be as smooth as a finely machined and polished Sculpture paddle. The palladium finish is black. It looks both professional and a bit old timey. Adjustments are also very good. A keeper for sure.

M0XIG Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2007 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to try a Begali spark key having been informed as to what great keys Begali makes. I have tried a number of straight keys, but have never been very satisfied. I read the reviews before buying and contacted Bill (W4HEX). I liked the idea of Bill's knob design and ordered an identical key. The key arrived with both knobs and I am using Bill's design which I find perfect. The key is compact and has a heavy base and an excellent feel in use. It is not a noisy key in use which I prefer, as it doesn't disturb the house at night. This key is excellently made and looks great on my bench. I wouldn't change it.

I have now ordered the Simplex key. I recommend Begali in every respect.

73 John M0XIG

NQ5T Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2007 03:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Straight Key!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own or have owned a wide variety of simple to expensive straight keys over the years. This one is the best. It's HEAVY, has a great crisp feel with just the right level of tactile feedback, and the Navy style knob is at a perfect height for comfortable long-term use.

Like all of Piero's keys, it really stands above the heap.