Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Spark Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Spark
Begali Spark Reviews: 25 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $108 + $15.00 s/h
Description: High-speed straight key with gold plated mechanics and a heavy cast iron base
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Spark.

K7VM Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2012 15:44 Send this review to a friend
Makes using a straight key a pleasure!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use a straight key quite often and have had numerous makes and models. Every other key I've had is not even a close second to the Spark." It's responsiveness allows a wide or very close contact gap without sacrificing quality in sending. Adjustments are very sensitive and allow settings for a personal touch that's just right. I had my call sign engraved on my Spark and am glad I did. It won't be one that I'll be getting rid of or replacing. I ordered the Spark just before Christmas for myself so I would have something nice to go with all those black coals in my stocking. Although I told Bruna not to worry if it didn't arrive before Christmas, she wasn't having any of that. It arrived on Dec. 22nd. Such good communications and service! Many thanks Piero and Bruna.

K3DNF Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best  Time owned: months
Ferrari builds cars....
Stradivari crafts violins.....
Begali crafts keys......

'nuff said!

WB2LQF Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2011 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Pounder's Delight!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This gorgeous key provides simply superb satisfaction during use. Some keys are just 'dull' but this creation is most appropriately named - "spark" ! First, it's heavy and that's a non-negotiable prerequisite for a major league pounder. There is absolutely no slop. And this key is quiet! Adjustments are precise and hold tight. I like to use a straight key with my arm completely off the table while sliding my fore and middle fingers along the top of the knob. This key responds better to me than any other straight key I've ever used because it feels 'lively', almost like it's having fun and wants me to share in it. So I do! Something else that's noteworthy - the Begali Spark is the first straight key I've had that I do not have to debounce first. This includes cathode-keying a homebrew 5763 rig.

WA7RBC Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2011 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Spark is a beautifully built and smooth operating key, right down to the laser engraved logo on the top. Thanks to a heavy base and no-wobble bearings, itís a joy to use. Frankly Iím surprised it doesnít cost more!

WX7G Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2010 13:33 Send this review to a friend
smooth!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
At first the Begali Spark seemed a bit much for me; the arm had more mass than I had been used to. But after a few hours of sending I was convinced that this is THE straight key. Smooth as butter and with a comfortable Navy knob having no sharp edges. There is NO slop at all in this key. Zero. The Spark is the perfect blend of art and form from the Italian mechanical master, I2RTF.

NW0M Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2010 07:32 Send this review to a friend
What a Key!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What an outstanding and solid Key. I just rcvd it yesterday and it exceeds my expectations. My Elmer said a Begali is the best and he is RIGHT!

It took 7 days from the time it shipped from Italy and Bruna had great packaging and included a cable.

It's a great addition to my short list of straight keys but it is definately at the top of the list.

Thank you Begali!

EA2CTB Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2010 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Solid, precise, beautiful.... Begali.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a few weeks using it, my only comment to myself is: what can you expect? It is a Begali; Needless to comment further.
It is a very solid key, with a different design than the typical straight key, what gives an extra value.
As a straight key, you cannot aim for QRQ, but this design allows some extra speed.
As other Begali keys, its precision combines with its beauty.
It is also surprising the low noise produced while sending.
Adjustments are simple (as in any straight key), but once finished there is no need of readjustment.
The Begali family (specially Bruna) will give you the best service and attention anyone can expect. If you ever contact them you will be engaged...
If you want a beautiful straight key to use it, this is your key.
A solid 5 for a solid Begali!!!!

KB4QQJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2009 00:19 Send this review to a friend
A success!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my Begali Spark #148 for 8 months now and had plenty of QSO's to evaluate it..
I also have a good collection of other straight keys to compare it too.

The key is quite. That's nice. No distractions while sending. And no clatter.
The shaft, while short is very tight and has a good solid feel. NO side to side movement. Good thing.
Simple design, but a great feel. The Spark seems to be built a little more for speed than casual sending.
If you have the ability, it will scoot with little effort and a relaxed arm.
The knob is usable for European or American style sending.
The Spark can be adjusted from "feather light" to "pounders delight"
Adjustments are simple and easily made. Once set, it stays and needs no re adjustments.
It is a solid key. Heavy and no moving around the desk, even at the "pounders" setting.
While not a mobile key it is small enough to take to portable sites. Back Packing is NOT an option. It's a brick.
Great price for such a fine key.
I like the look of the base finish, but in hind site, I wish it had a more gloss finish. The rough gray finish is a real dust catcher if you are out on field day or a deck somewhere. It has no bearing on the sending qualities of this key but it does have some ruff saw marks on the base. That surprised me, but not a big deal.

All said and Done...it is a solid 5!! I'm very Pleased.

Randy_KB4QQJ

W5SV Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2009 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent feel  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used this on the last Straight Key Night; it is an excellent design and execution; a handsome addition to my collection.

Looks and feels solid; far less sloppy and easier to adjust than other keys I have used.

K4ZZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2008 19:27 Send this review to a friend
Great sk!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the gold model, built like a tank,adjustments are simple and work like they should, operates smooth. Highly recommend.