Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Daiwa CN-101L 1.8 to 150 mHz peak reading wattmete Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CN-101L 1.8 to 150 mHz peak reading wattmete
Daiwa CN-101L 1.8 to 150 mHz peak reading wattmete Reviews: 32 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: Cross Needle SWR & Power meter, panel back-lighted.
More info: http://www.daiwa-industry.co.jp/radio/ham_e/

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CN-101L 1.8 to 150 mHz peak reading wattmete.

NZ0T Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2009 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Good for the $$$  Time owned: months
Good meter and easy to use. Not real accurate especially on the higher bands but for around $100 I didn't expect it to be a Bird.

KT4WO Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2009 14:24 Send this review to a friend
for 100$..good.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my 2nd, and both are what one would expect for $100 meter that covers 1,8-150Mhz. Is it a Bird 43?...No...and the folks that compare it to a Bird and then complain,,,well...Did they think it would be as good as a Bird for just 100 bucks?
For the cost vs bandwidth.. Its a good meter.
Would buy again.

KT4WO

KC5VH Rating: 4/5 May 28, 2009 10:12 Send this review to a friend
Fine meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used a CN-101L for several years with TS-830S, SB-200 and now an IC-746PRO. It always performs perfectly. Power out accuracy? Close enough for a ham shack, maybe not a repair shop. Does power accuracy matter if it tells me the rigs are working like they always have before? Power is so I can tell the other guy what I'm runing and he doesn't care anyway. SWR is a little higher than my Icom meter, which is fine because it keeps me from runnung high SWR.

G6YGZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2008 08:19 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have read alot of reviews where people are comparing the accuacy of the readings with far more expensive TEST equipment. I find the accuracy of my Daiwa meters reasonably good and rock steady. I use them for what I think they were designed for. This is to glance at whilst transmitting, to show the forward power needle is in the right area and the reflected power needle dosn`t move or if it does its very little. All the accurate testing and adjusting as already been done. The readings off the little Daiwas are just a check that nothing as changed and for less than 60 in my opinion there is nothing better.

KW6T Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2008 20:40 Send this review to a friend
Good Meter. Great Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am puzzled by the negative comments toward this meter. I have one and use it mainly on two-meters from 1 to 500 watts. I find the Daiwa is very accurate compared to a Bird 43.

KX5JT Rating: 4/5 Feb 23, 2008 19:50 Send this review to a friend
Easy to read  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a meter to use with an SB-200 that has a scale less than 3K. The cross-needle Daiwa works great for the 500-800 watts that the SB-200 puts out. It may not be as accurate as a Bird, but it's not meant to be. It suits this amateur just fine. Looks great with the light on! SWR is easy to read and makes tuning the amp and antennas a no brainer.

de KX5JT

NE4EB Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Quality Staton Assy for the Money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've been using this instrument for about 6-months for an HF base station. It seems accurate and works just fine for me. No complaints. If I was looking for a test insturment for projects or for tech work, I would not have chosen this meter. For the money, and for a static HF operation, it is a great value.

PA5COR Rating: 3/5 Nov 26, 2006 02:49 Send this review to a friend
reasonable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got it cheap ;)

Calibrated it in the 14 MHz band with an known good Bird and found it was just an tad off the listed power scale.

Just use it for the output on the SB 1000 P.A, and easy checking out of SWR on the H.F. bands.

For that it is suited, but for real acurate measuring you need an different ballgame meter.

Cor

KB9BPF Rating: 4/5 Jul 16, 2006 18:04 Send this review to a friend
Decent meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
No doubt the Palstar WM150 is a much better meter for only a few bucks more, however my CN-101L has not disappointed me either. While the Palstar's readings track that of my Bird 43 the CN101L's do deviate a bit, but since most ham measurements are relative-indication oriented, the Daiwa does OK.

Also, I've used mine on all bands between 1.8 and 150 MHz and the meter works equally well anywhere in that range. I have two: one in my 6M antenna system and one on my 2M SSB antenna system. While not as accurate in an absolute sense, they are very good for casually monitoring antenna system performance.

I recommend the Palstar but I haven't been disappointed with the Daiwa once its limitations are taken into consideration.

VE3MIG Rating: 0/5 Nov 17, 2005 16:42 Send this review to a friend
junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got my Daiwa cn-101l from radio world in ontario canada and what a real hunk of junk!The power scales are all way off . I paid $137.00 canadian for a meter that is inaccurate.It is out by 30 percent on hf and around 20 to 25 percent on vhf.It is going rightback in the box and right back to radio world.Please save your money and look els were for a power /swr meter as this one is JUNK