Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | SSB Electronics Help

Reviews Summary for SSB Electronics
SSB Electronics Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $120-$475
Description: High quality low noise GaAsfet preamplifiers, SP2000 & SP7000
More info: http://www.ssbusa.com/

You can write your own review of the SSB Electronics.

VE4SW Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2014 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Best units available!  Time owned: more than 12 months
These are great units with a huge advantage over similar competing units. The SSB preamps have an adjustable gain! Using them for years now and no problem. In this case you really get what you pay for, a first class product!

KY4MRG Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 13:02 Send this review to a friend
SP-2000 Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought The SP 2000 to use on my 2 meter station. I was told from a couple of hams that it was the one to have. I could not be more pleased with the preformance of this product. Had to send back to SSB after a static charge took it out, their service is as great as the SP-2000.Quick turn around and i was back in business. A little pricey but well worth it.
Mike ky4mrg

VA5LF Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2010 11:47 Send this review to a friend
Great performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've got the SP-2000 I bought for use with my small EME array. I've been very impressed with the results. I'm only running 200W to the array, but it has been able to handle it no problem. I've since built a sequencer as I plan to eventually run more power, but the RF sensing worked 100% when I was using that.

I've now used the array for EME, meteor scatter, and terrestrial QSOs, many of which wouldn't have been possible without the SP-2000. I liked the results so much, I'm about to put up an SP-7000 for my satellite array.

K3KLC Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2009 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Best use of your VHF $$  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Remarks: After putting together an echolink "link" station (K3KLC-L), I realized that my basic two meter FM simplex capability was pretty minimal. I've upgraded the antenna, raised the antenna height, improved the coax (to LMR-400, with a move to hardline in the works), I added a power amplifier...and...all of these things are imnportant...but...the best return on my money was adding an SSB Electronics SP-2000 pre-amplifier right up at the antenna. The RF switching makes it an easy improvement to implement and the results have been fantastic. I've purchased several items from SSB Electronics and have found Gerry good to work with (called from his vacation, when I thought I had an issue with a "drop shipped" item). A mast mounted preamp is the first accessory you should think of, when setting out to improve your two meter FM or SSB capability. 73 Sam

W6DXO Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Just Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to use my CushCraft A270-10S dual band antenna for satllite use. The antenna was mounted on an 80' tower some distance from my shack. I had tried other preamps with limited success before the SSB Electronice SP-7000.

After installing the SP-7000 at my antenna feed point all I can say is this is a product that really delivers. I can now copy the V/U LEO sats on low angle passes with signals of S4 to S9. This preamp is clearly delivering the promised 20db gain and the noise floor is very, very low. None of the other preamps I tried were delivering this type of performance.

The support has also been great..I have called several times with some simple questions and Jerry was always helpful and had a great attitude.

As others have said, worth every penny!

73 de harry, W6DXO

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2009 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Worth Every Penny!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using these for several years now on my satellite antennas. They work extremely well, have good gain, and a low noise-figure.
If you're working satellites, a preamp is a MUST, preferably mounted at the antenna, and these won't let you down.
WELL worth the money.

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2009 18:59 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the 6m, 2m and 70cm mast mounted preamps and they have been up for years and perform flawlessly. Excellent construction and you can adjust the gain for max s/n of your particular antenna system. They are not cheap, but I do not have to worry about them once they are up on the mast and operational. I also purchased the DCC-12N bias T to power them over the coax and they work very well too. Don't skimp on a cheaper preamp, you will end up paying more in the long run.

WB2OQQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2008 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Worth The Investment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was interested in a preamp for both 432MHz and 144MHz for weak signal SSB Satellite Activity. After extensive research on a preamp with the lowest Noise Floor and Max Power output capacity I narrowed the search to a few units. I then contacted the companies to see how their support would be and after spending some time with Jerry of SSB I was totally convinced that this was the best preamp with the best support. I was not disappointed, I have an Icom IC-910H, turn the preamp button on and the radio comes alive with signals that would be undetected without it. The units mount easily and are well constructed for the weather, power is supplied from your coax if your radio supports it. If you want a good receiving satellite station and you are not fortunate to have an unobstructed horizon or an
antenna at 60 feet, SSB is the way to go.

WB3IGR Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2008 06:04 Send this review to a friend
SSB UEK-2000 2404 Receive Converter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
SSB 2304 UEK-2000 Receive converter for the 2304 SHF band. Works great and with only a 15 element loop yagi, pulls in signals from as far away as 120 miles. It has a great pre-amp. The cost is a little high at $400.00 but well worth it.

WB3IGR Rating: 4/5 Aug 9, 2008 05:56 Send this review to a friend
SP-23 1296 Pre-Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a used SSB Electronics 1296 mast mounted preamp for my ageing 1296 station. Well it was like getting a shot in the arm as it did a great job of bring in the signals from as far away as 120 miles.