Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | SteppIR Tuning Relay Help

Reviews Summary for SteppIR Tuning Relay
SteppIR Tuning Relay Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $approx $65 as a kit ($95 assembl
Description: A circuit to allow SteppIR Antenna users to disable the PTT line to their amplifier whenever the beam is tuning. This guarantees that the FluidMotion recommendation about applied power while tuning can be adhered to even in the heat of contesting and DX'ing.
More info: http://www.telepostinc.com/n8lp.html

You can write your own review of the SteppIR Tuning Relay.

NG7M Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2016 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Why did I wait so long to get one???  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm late to the party on building a SteppIR Tuning Relay. This is an easy kit to build with great instructions from Larry. I had it built and dropped in line with the power to my SDA-100 controller in no time. Very easy to adjust and Larry even has suggested sensitivity position settings for the type of SteppIR antenna you have. In my case, the recommended setting was spot on based upon his adjustment procedure. I will finally stop worrying about running QRO to my SteppIR antenna with the auto tuning setup to the rig.

As I placed the order for the SteepIR tuning realy, Larry has been swamped getting LP-500/700's out the door, but I got a shipping notice for the SteppIR Tuning Relay ASAP and was surprised how quickly Larry got the kit out the door with all the other priorities has at the moment.

Products from Telepost Inc. / N8LP are top notch. Easily a 5 rating start to finish.

Max NG7M

W5PD Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2013 13:56 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased two kits for my two SteppIR SDA 100 Controllers. The kits were very easy to build. Good instructions. And best of all, they work great.

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2012 22:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a great safety device. Excellent quality.

W6LAX Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 15:23 Send this review to a friend
Life Saver  Time owned: more than 12 months
This little unit has saved me a number of times when I would have inadvertently sent a KW into the moving elements. Easy to build. Elegant circuit design. A "must have" for any SteppIR.

N8FNR Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2011 10:16 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had it for over a year. It does exactly what it was designed to do which is protect the SteppIR from high power while the antenna is tuning and using an amp.

It was a very easy kit to build and adjust. I would say that anyone with basic soldering skills can assemble it.

This is the second product I purchased from Larry and I have been very pleased. The other is a LP-100 SWR meter.

Zack
N8FNR

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2008 03:29 Send this review to a friend
A Must-Have for a SteppIR with Amplifier  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ordered this easy to build kit a while ago but just got my new amp up and running. This is a must-have device. It interrupts the keying line to your amp when the SteppIR is making an adjustment. If you use the transceiver interface with your SteppIR you don't always know when the SteppIR will tune. With a 200 watt limit on your antenna during tuning you certainly don't want to accidentally pump a KW into it.

The Tuning Relay works by sensing the current of the servo motors. There is a one time adjustment to set the trip point which could vary depending on how many motors are in your antenna. After that, it just works invisibly protecting your investment. It takes its power from the SteppIR controller so no additional wall wart is required. It also has a bright red LED that is lit when protection is active. The LED is much more noticeable then the the blinking asterisk on the SteppIR controller.

IW1QN Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2008 02:39 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a 3 Elem SteppIR, and I'm very satisfied.
I see on the Net the N8LP SteppIR Tunning Relay.
I Buy this Interface immeditely because is not Expensive.
Arrive from USA and I Assemble.
Very simple and Works very Well.
I Make QSY,but the SteppIR with my Amp in TX, and very Beautiful, the Interface disable the PTT of my 756 ProIII or Ts-2000 to my Amplifier and when Motor of the SteppIR Finish the Interface by N8LP able the PTT and I Continue the Trasmission.
Is very good Interface.
If you have a SteppIR Antenna You MUST Have the N8LP SteppIR Tuning Relay.

K0OK Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2008 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Great Kit - Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The kit was shipped the same day I ordered it! The manual is thorough and the kit took about 45 minutes to assemble. The directions are very well written.

If you have a SteppIR, you need this kit!

WN3R Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2006 18:09 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Every SteppIR owner using high power needs one of these. Save mistakes in the heat of the battle.

K8AC Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2004 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Top notch!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered on Monday, received on Wednesday, built the kit and had it installed and working in 90 minutes. Very nice quality board and everything went together easily. As others have said, the red LED indicating the SteppIR is tuning is a very valuable indicator. Good documentation, which you download as a .PDF file.