Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | TE Systems 1452G Help

Reviews Summary for TE Systems 1452G
TE Systems 1452G Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $525
Description: 350 watt 2m mobile amp

You can write your own review of the TE Systems 1452G.

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2006 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Works FB.....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased new, and works great right out of box. Only using for SSB and looks like 400w out with a whistle at 15w in, on Bird 43 to 1.1:1 load, and pulling about 50a on my also new Astron RS-70M. More than 15w in (15w in recommended by factory, 25w max) yields very small increase in power out, probably just dirties up signal? Preamp seems to raise signal to noise ratio, not just make everything louder. Amp keys via RF or hard line, your choice, and T/R hang time is adjustable via rear mounted pot, or by switching between FM and SSB/CW modes (only changes hang time, not amp class). There is NO reverse polarity or high swr protection on this amp. There is over temp protection. Cool fins barely warm at 400w out SSB. Fit and finish of components is high quality, except I think you could break front switches if you worked at it. They are flat, flip up/down switches, and I think rockers would be better, especially if used mobile, less prone to breakage. Avail with N or UHF connectors. Amp was shipped and received promptly, and person taking order, answering questions, seemed quite knowledgable. At just over $1/watt, it is a good deal, especially if you already have a 50a plus 12v power source to power it. No web site, not sure why, but phone is 310-478-0591.

AD5TH Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2005 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Performs as advetised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
15W in and 400W out on Mirage MP-2 true peak reading meter. I can get 450 out with more drive but it is not recommended by TE Systems. Photos of inside and outside plus owner's / service manual with schematic and parts list at this link:

Exciter is IC-746Pro and using hard keying through ARB-704 key line buffer.

N6AJR Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2004 17:15 Send this review to a friend
te amps :)  Time owned: more than 12 months
good amp, good service, call them at 310-478-0591 no web site and hard to find the ph # but other than that.. good ..

AK9S Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2004 16:06 Send this review to a friend
The Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the best solid state amp I have ever used. I gave up on Mirage a while back, as their amp quality and service is nothing short of terrible. Never again. Sold off all of their junk (and threw one amp in the trash as the finals blew for no apparent reason - $175 repair estimate.)

I use an older 1452G that can be driven with little input power. I use it strictly on FM in my truck to develop about 250+ watts with a 4 watt drive. Works great. Very clean signals. The huge heat sinks only gets warm after talking for a few minutes. Nice.

This is the first amplifier in which the preamp DOES inprove readability rather than just increase the signal strength. On many occasions weak stations that could not be heard with my squelch open became completely audible using the preamp. This preamp actually works!

Please note that TE Systems amps do not have overdrive or high SWR protection like Mirage amplifiers.

You won't find a better equivalent amplifier for twice the money anywhere. Performs like a commercial unit. I no longer have worries that the amp is the weak link in my mobile station anymore (unlike Mirage.) It always performs flawlessly. Highly recommended.

K3ICH Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2004 11:56 Send this review to a friend
TYPICAL TE Sys...Great amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used TE Systems amps for years on every band they make them for and never had a problem ( Oh, maybe one, when I managed to blow up a 220 amp during a contest calling CQ into an empty coax !)

This amp is rated for 10 - 25 watts drive, but my little FT-817 (max 5 watts out) will drive it to 275 watts key down! It takes less than ten watts drive for a clean 400 out.

Very nice construction too.

W7MGC Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2004 11:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Factory Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Purchased mine in July 03. Use it regularly on ssb/cw. Full output with low drive, 10 to 15 watts. Preamp big help at times.

Recently appeared the preamp developed a problem. Sent back to factory as still under warranty. Received amp back working FB, (Trouble was in the T/R relay). Total turn around time, 10 days. Can't ask for more. Oh, and no charge. Thanks, Dave.

KA5ROW Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2004 02:18 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Quality is why I bought this amp, and more power for the buck. I get 350 to 400 watts out it is clean no distortion. A dealer in wisconsin (AES) said it is the best amp made if you are looking for quality. And they did not cary them. I have talked to other Hams and all were very pleased.
As I am. The receive pre amp is great. I had a Mirage 160 Watt for years had no problems. I just wanted more power.
I chose TE Systems because of
QUALITY (first)
positive reviews.
Other hams who have them.
I recommend this amp to all 2 Meter SSB OP

VR2XMC Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2003 03:56 Send this review to a friend
Great amplifier with solid output  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this amplifier for more than 2 years before I got my ICPW-1. It is tough, reliable and gives you solid output over 350 watt. I bought it at about US$480 and consider it very value for money. I recommend it to any 6 m operator.

AC5PS Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2002 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very good packing, good manual, a very good looking amp and works great. I am putting 15 watts in on SSB and FM and get 350 watts out. Highly reconmened.

F1RAD Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2002 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Great at low drive  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very good amplifier with a low drive : 5w in 300w out but very bad at max input.
The integrated preamp is very good : I use it in EU contest with BIG runner near qth and no problems
Yvan