Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTB7800 Help

Reviews Summary for FTB7800
FTB7800 Reviews: 40 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: FTB7800 is a memory management program for the Yaesu FT-7800
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb7800.htm

You can write your own review of the FTB7800.

M6TVI Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 07:31 Send this review to a friend
just so simple to use.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this is the 3 piece of software i have brought from Bob.....and again he gets 10/10 from me.
so easy to use, a few clicks and your done
and if you need support bob is there.
thanks Bob for this Software.

Liam
M6TVI

G4JKZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2013 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Excellent in every way  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used this software now for over 3 years with 'XP' platform and as far as I am concerned is the 'bee's knees'. Clearly laid out and easy to use, holidays in the caravan are more enjoyable as can pre-load and group the various repeaters in the area traveling to, and all before setting out using a portable laptop, without removing the rig from the car. Highly recommended and a great asset to the rig.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2013 07:45 Send this review to a friend
Good stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can only echo everything good that has been said previously. Bob, G4HFQ, is the epitome of a great businessman. Very quick personal service and great products at a very reasonable price. I have used some of the competition in the past. Those programs have all been uninstalled.

FTB7800 makes programming the 7800/7900 a snap. I am a very satisfied customer and will remain so. If you need programming software for a product Bob supports, look at nothing else. Top shelf.

AB1D Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2012 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bob's software is excellent. Runs great on Vista, having tranferred it from my older laptop on XP. Best radio software around.

KJ3P Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2011 13:33 Send this review to a friend
FTB7800/7900 Great!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought Bob G4HFQ's FTB7900 programming software, which I'm told is pretty much the same as the FTB7800. The USB cable I had on hand to fit my other Yaesu (FTM-350R) didn't fit the 7900 (c'mon, Yaesu!), so I bought the correct cable for the 7900 from Bob. What a fine program and fast delivery service for the cable from the UK! And the cable and driver worked the first time with XP...no problems. His software talks you through the first initialization between the radio and the software, and then walks you through each read/write operation from that point forward.

I even discovered some new functions of the radio, because all of the radio's settings are also programmable via the software. What a timesaver! And the price is extremely reasonable.

Now if I could just convince Bob to write software for ICOM, the world would truly be a better place!

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2011 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the FTB1802 software, and prior to the arrival of my '7800R I downloaded the software for the 14 day trial. It only took a few minutes to move all my 2 meter channels to the FTB7800 software. Then, I exported to a CSV, used Excel's intelligent copy to come up with 197 440 mhz splits in the PNW. Took about 5 minutes. When I got the '7800 I paid online and got the activation code instantly. I'm getting the FTB60 software in a week or so, and have the export/import file ready to go. Two radios, one channel setup. Couldn't be better. Don't even consider "that other programming software company", I've bought their software (VX-150 and VX-170) and had to deal with their lousy customer service and constant non-backward compatible upgrades. Bob's software runs circles around theirs.

KC5AOS Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2011 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Best thing since sliced bread  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After doing internet research, I realized the software from Yaesu was probably too complicated for me. So, I got on e-bay and purchased a programming cable for $5. Then I went to the G4HFQ website and purchased the FTB7900 programmin software. Best thing I ever did.

I programmend my entire state in about two hours, including the time it took me to figue out the software. That would have probably taken me close three or four days without the software. Plus, selecting things such as showing the frequency or name of the repeater, or the scan bank selection is a breeze. Everything is sprawled out in front of you in a very organized spreadsheet and it is very easy to understand. The software even instructs you on what, and when, to do with the radio in order to read and write to memories.

It is probably the most user friendly and intuitive piece of software I have ever used.

Now when you get the programming cable, be sure you get a driver disk since it is a USB device and, like all USB devices will need a driver installed. The cable I got off e-bay automatically installed the driver, either off a Microsoft library or the internet. Not sure. But it was pretty automatic and easy. After that do the comm port check the FTB7900 help file instructs you to do, and away you go.

Any one that has a Yaesu FT-7900 is nuts if they don't get this software.

GREAT JOB G4HFQ ! ! !

ZL4AX Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2011 23:01 Send this review to a friend
FTB7900 and FTB7800 INTERCHANGEABLE!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't need to give this software the 'Five Star Review' because it is simply the best there is. Nothing else comes close, and never has, in all the years it's been available.
But, get THIS: FTB7800 WORKS 100% ON THE NEW FT7900 TOO!!! Yessir, this is good news! I have seven FT7800's and now two FT7900's. For me this is the best possible news - I don't have to duplicate all my work on the two types of rig.
Brilliant, brilliant Bob Freeth. Thank you G4HFQ for making my ham radio so efficient and enjoyable!

KG5PT Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2011 22:44 Send this review to a friend
SUPERB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works flawlessly, has an excellent user interface. Being able to download your current frequency list and settings from one radio makes for super-easy editing and/or installation on additional radios - no need to manually enter data. When moving data to or from the FT7800, a dialog box automatically pops up to tell you which buttons to press on the radio - very handy!

Purchasing the FTB7800 license also allows you to use the FTB7900 software on the current-model FT-7900 radios - no additional purchases or registration necessary. Since I own both models, that little courtesy is what sold me on this software.

For both models, I use the Prolific FT-7800 USB programming cable that Valley Enterprises sells for around 10 dollars, shipped - Another great value!

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2010 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Also works for FT-7900R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised even on my new FT-7900R!