Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | FTB7800 Help

Reviews Summary for FTB7800
FTB7800 Reviews: 41 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $15.00
Description: FTB7800 is a memory management program for the Yaesu FT-7800
More info: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftb7800.htm

You can write your own review of the FTB7800.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2010 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Also works for FT-7900R  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works as advertised even on my new FT-7900R!

N6FM Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2009 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This software has the ability to import tab delimited files from the ADMS FT7800 product, however the format of the exported ADMS data had changed with upgrades to their program, which caused FTB7800 to experience importing errors. After submitting the required files and description of the problem to Bob, he responded within 2 hours and, after subsequent email exchanges, had an update before the day was out. Now the program imports perfectly. That is customer service that cannot be beat.

K7UA Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2009 13:00 Send this review to a friend
A real bargain  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a lenthy absense from 2M I bought two FT7800Rs. One for my house and one for my car. When I looked into the 2M/70CM repeaters in my area I was shocked at the huge number. Setting up all of those machines in my rigs would have taken forever manually. The FTB7800 at only $15.00 saved me an enormous amount of time. It works great and is a real bargain.

NO6H Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2009 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This program does a great job programming a 7800. The screens, tabs and controls are logically laid out and make it very easy to use. One thing I really appreciated was how well it imports data from .csv files. I used a .csv file I found on the 7800 Yahoo Group that had all the data for machines in my local area. I was able to import the data without any problems at all. I found it a little easier to make wholesale changes from within Excel, since FTB7800 doesn't have features like the ability to fill data down in a column; however, it was very easy to use to make small changes like changing the setting on a repeater from ENC to ENC/DEC. It also makes it really easy to see and change all of your radio configuration settings making them much easier to modify than going through the radio menus.

I also used the USB programming cable from Valley Enterprises. It comes with a disk with the drivers on it, but I was able to get the cable and software to work through a Belkin powered USB hub without having to load the drivers from the disk.

If you're the type of operator that only listens to a few local machines, you really don't need this program (unless you REALLY can't figure out the Yaesu menus). But if you like to have the capability to listen to anything within reach of your radio, using the program (with a little help from a .csv file) will make your life much easier.

NE4U Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2009 05:44 Send this review to a friend
easy to use, does what it says  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Does exactly what it says it will do. Very easy to program the FT-7800R. I used the TTL2USB CT-2 package and cables to accomplish the task with my laptop computer. The interface is basically like a spreadsheet with some drop-down menus for various options like PL tone and repeater offset. You can also renumber your memories in any order you like, or alphabetically or by frequency. Makes it a breeze to program your rig. A lot less tedious than doing it by hand with either your mic or the head-unit menu. Thanks for the great product!

KC2PMW Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2009 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Best way to go  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
FTB7800 makes programming the FT-7800 very easy. I loaded a sample file to get started before my cable came in the mail, and was all done setting up the radio memory without even plugging the radio into the computer! I loaded a CSV file from VX-6 Commander via the FTB7800 import menu and now have identical HTs and FT-7800. Without this software, I would not have programmed the radio as extensively as it now is. Thanks Bob for such good software.

K5UPR Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2009 05:45 Send this review to a friend
This Is PERFECT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After several reviews on here and talking to my friends at our local ham clubs, ADMS got such terrible reviews on their programming software, and the FTB7800 was really get alot of WOWS, I decided I try it. OMG, this is the way software is supposed to work. It does take some getting used too, but what software doesnt. I found the initial set-up to be easier than the ADMS and inserting information, easier. Just a shame that software like this doesnt come with the radios. Cant go wrong here!!

K3NOQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2009 15:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent on all aspects  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the software downloaded, very straightforward with no surprises! Step by step instructions via dialog boxes during the reading and writing of the FT-7800. Help files very good, all aspects fully explained.

I used the FT-7800 USB adapter cable from Valley Enterprises on Ebay and it was also excellent. Had everthing in two days from placing order!

W2EEC Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2008 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Software!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like the software allot and found it very easy to use. I use a Mac with OSX. I installed "Parallels Desktop For Mac" set it up then installed Windows XP. Once XP was up and running I installed the FTB7800 software and connected my Yaesu FT-7800R with a ttl2usb cable and started to add my info.
Awesome software for Windows but only wish he would port his software to Mac and/or Linux. One more wish. It would be nice to have the manual in a ".pdf" file rather than just a HTML version of the manual.
In my opinion this is a must have piece of software if you own a Yaesu FT-7800R !

KD6CPA Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2008 16:42 Send this review to a friend
ANTASTIC SUPPORT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought Bob's software to program pretty much all my Yaesu rigs. Very reasonable price and the support is 2nd to NO ONE.

I have had problems a few times getting the rig to talk to the computer, and Bob HAS ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT THERE to resolve the issues, even when not his problem.

This last time, it clearly was my problem -I had several problems with modifications made to a rig I'd bought (not related to his software), and Bob worked with me via e-mail to resolve all the issues, all within about 6 hours! (Including the time difference between the USA Left Coast USA and the UK--this guy must not sleep!)

BOB I'LL ALWAYS USE YOUR PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE!!!!

Tnx for all!