Reviews Categories | DC Power Supply Distribution Panels | Saratoga Amateur Products PowerPanel 4 Help

Reviews Summary for Saratoga Amateur Products PowerPanel 4
Saratoga Amateur Products PowerPanel 4 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $$24.95
Description: The PowerPanel 4 is designed to provide convenient, safe and reliable power distribution for all the radios and accessories in you shack or mobile installation. It utilizes the RACES/ARES standard Anderson PowerPole connectors and makes connections fast and easy. Simplify the shack and install standard Anderson PowerPole connectors on all your 12 VDC rigs and accessories.
Features

- 4 Port DC power distribution panel
1 Input & 3 Output
- Fuse for over current protection
Standard mini ATC automotive fuse
- Surge suppression, RF filtering & reverse polarity protection
- 25 Amp Rating
- UL94 V-0 housing material
- 2.25" X 1.5" X 1.4"

More info: http://www.saratogaham.com

You can write your own review of the Saratoga Amateur Products PowerPanel 4.

KA5IVR Rating: 2/5 Sep 17, 2013 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Poor Soldering  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a need for a small power distribution panel today. Bought a PP4 a couple of years ago at a hamfest, stored it in a safe place in the original package. When I took it out, noticed the Input plug was loose and it just pulled right out of the board. Had to order a Rigrunner, since this thing is Junk. Is Saratoga even in business now?

KI4TMF Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2007 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied when arrived  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I chanced the order when reading others reviews but was pleasantly surprised when I opened mine to check quality of assembly. Mine was slick and professional in every way except the little top needs better "fitting" around the powerpole connectors. Meter test even showed good tight connections.Small but will serve a new ham well and was cheaper than other brands. Lets see how it lasts.

VA7VP Rating: 2/5 Feb 22, 2006 20:44 Send this review to a friend
More poor soldering  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also bought the Saratoga PowerPanel 4. The unit exhibited intermittent connections on the input so I opened it up and found one powerpole was not crimped (none were soldered) and one of the circuit board connections was cracked. For $29.95 I would have expected a more professional product after all... this is very basic and not complex circuitry!

Buyer Beware!

K5BXV Rating: 3/5 Oct 9, 2005 06:52 Send this review to a friend
OK but look inside  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice Power Panel but very poor soldering inside.
I had to re-heat one connection and trim another.
Solder was dropped on the non conductive part of the board. Removed easily with fingernail.
I would probably buy another one but I would be sure and check the inside.

Larry - K5BXV

KB9LTH Rating: 2/5 Aug 7, 2005 19:31 Send this review to a friend
Solder was worst I have seen!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the PowerPanel 4 in the mail. The input powerpole was lose so sounded it with my meter. As I moved the connector around it would go open! I opened it up to take a look. This was the worst solder job I have ever seen!!! I ended up sucking all the solder off and resoldering it all. There was so much slag solder on the board I would have never used it as is in fear of a short. After about 20 minutes of resoldering and clean up I think I have a good product. If you can find this in a kit and do it yourself that would be the way to go. If you can't get in in a kit I would look at the West Mountain Radio ones.
Chris KB9LTH

K7VO Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2004 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Small, inexpensive, versatile, and reliable.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use an MFJ-1128 power strip (highly recommended!) to run everything in the shack. I wanted to be able to also use power cables with Anderson PowerPoles in the car and portable. The little Saratoga PowerPanel 4 proved to be the right answer.

I have one mounted behind the console/dash in my car so that I only have one run to the battery. I use two output connections all the time and the third allows me to add a rig for HF and/or 6m when I take a long trip. I also have one I use for portable/field operations.

This tiny little unit is fused so there is some additional protection for the gear you plug into it. The small size makes it incredibly versatile. It's well worth the money.