Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ameritron Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron Factory Service
Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Factory Service for Ameritron Amplifiers

You can write your own review of the Ameritron Factory Service.

KC8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 16:33 Send this review to a friend
ALS-600  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great service! Reasonable charges.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 12:19 Send this review to a friend
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE AMP BUSINESS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
THIS IS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE USA. MADE A APPOINMENT WITH THEM TOOK AMP DOWN FIXED IT IN LESS THAN A HOUR. COST WAS VERY REASONABLE. GREAT! GREAT! 73S

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 09:12 Send this review to a friend
I'd Rate it a 10 If I Could!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My ALS-600 with switching power supply and remote band switch smoked 2 weeks out of warranty. I sent in the amp and P/S and they replaced the board in the P/S, located another problem in the amp I didn't complain about and sent it back at their at their expense. I plugged it in and it smoked again. I should have sent in the band data switch as well. They sent be replacement parts (plus a spare choke!) no charge, and I sent them the remaining parts and cables. They repaired the band data and remote switch accessories, and replaced all cables (CAT 5 and ALC) all at no charge. At this point they have hundreds of dollars of parts, service and shipping into my amp and I am happy camper. During all this a friend was buying a Tokyo Hi-Power. When he saw how I was treated he cancelled and bought an ALS-600, ARI-500, and ALS-500RC. Great customer service always pays off.Oh, and when you call, you actually get to speak with a knowledgeable tech!

WB0YEX Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I shipped my AL-811A back to Ameritron for troubleshooting and repairs. They emailed me the day after they received it, to confirm receipt. They again emailed me what was wrong and what needed to be done, and within 24 hours of my giving them the go-ahead, they were ready to ship it back to me.
The parts and labor were very reasonable, and I got to speak to the tech who was actually doing the work.
This is the way service work should be done, in my opinion.

KC9NCS Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2013 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Service, Fair Price, Nice People  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent an Ameritron AL-80B into Ameritron Repair service after the tube blossomed in it and I was unable to locate the issue that caused the tube to fail.

Sent it along with a note indicating all the issues the amp was having (meter bulbs burned out, 160m didn't work, some other minor issues.) Received an email 8 days after I'd shipped it that the repairs had been complete, and to call in to arrange for payment and shipping back.

Spoke to Rob, who indicated he couldn't find any problems with the amps output, but had fixed everything else on my list. I asked if he'd put a tube in and tested the amp, he did. I described for him the process I went through to troubleshoot the amp myself before shipping it back for repair. Rob said I'd diagnosed the problem successfully (tube) and should've trusted my diagnosis.

In addition to fixing the meter bulbs and other fixes I'd asked for, he added inrush protection so the amp now soft-starts, and added a few parts to prevent the meter bulbs from burning out so quckly again. Total cost: $101 + shipping back. Added a tube for $179.

Received the amp back, inserted the tube and fired it up -- everything works as new. Total was $347 shipped back to me. Thought I'd be better safe than sorry shipping the amp back, am glad I did so it could get updated.

Very happy with the service, the turn-around was very quick and the folks at Ameritron (Rob, folks who answered the phone) couldn't have been nicer. IMO the service I received is a model of good customer service. Well done Rob & Ameritron!

KE4AMQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2012 18:42 Send this review to a friend
amp repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have three ameritron amps i work on my own stuff or try to anyway..i have talked with mike several times i will tell you what that guy is great and really knows his stuff. most of the times he walks me right through the repair. try that with henry or alpha ----good luck
ameritron keep up the good work you got a great reputation in the ham community for your service..
fred massoni ke4amq

KF5ER Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2012 04:33 Send this review to a friend
very positive report  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took my AL-1500 to the Starkville, MS. factory for
repairs. Droped it off around noon. Rob
took a look at it while I went out for lunch.
When I got back he was done with the repairs.
Cap board and a relay replaced.
Friendly employees, took a tour of their
workspace.
Total time there was about a hour, repairs
made,talked to a lot of nice folks, enjoyed
my visit.
Couldn't have worked out any better.

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2012 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Good deal  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had very good experiences with the tech folks at Ameritron. I take care of a number of Ameritron amps for our club. They get lots of hard use. I very much appreciate the over-the-phone advice. The people that Iíve talked to knew what they were talking about and advised me well. Parts prices are reasonable and shipping was right on time. If I had to send the amps back every time there was a little problem (We have never had a serious problem with any of the amps) we would be fresh out of money right now. Thanks much guys!

Best 73 DE WC3O

VE7REN Rating: 2/5 Feb 3, 2012 10:42 Send this review to a friend
um.....uncertain  Time owned: more than 12 months
i ordered some amp parts last week from ameritron.. the guy on the other end of the phone sounded......well....deliverence style,no enthusiasm,pretty lazy sounding. i ordered 2 tube socks,2 bulbs,hex tool. the whole order was 25$. well i received the 2 tube sockets in a bubble wrap.with 13.69 shipping charge. a reciept showing my total parts list,but no tool,or bulbs. i emailed them, they said, ooohh, were sorry,we will send you the other parts. i replied saying they better not charge me shipping,and they said they wouldnt.

all in all, how in the hell can you only send half the order when it states on the bill in bold letters whats to be included in the package....geeesh. now i have to wait again... these guys dont seem to be to worried about customer service.

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2012 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Great customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not really a repair but I ordered a new input output board for my 811 they took my order on the 22nd and told me it would be 3-5 days as they have to build it from new, it was shipped on 24th and arrived on the west coast on the 26th, does not seem the same company as MFJ!