Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ameritron Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron Factory Service
Reviews: 34 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Factory Service for Ameritron Amplifiers

You can write your own review of the Ameritron Factory Service.

K1XT Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 14:08 Send this review to a friend
AL 82 Service   Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't say enough about the service from Ameritron.I had some issues with my AL82 and even though it was out of warranty they stood by it. I own an AL82 and an AL811H. Both do as advertised and are keepers.
W6GF Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2015 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Al-1500 problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
My big "AL" is back. It took only 2 weeks and very little cost.
Rob, was a big help and explained everything.

Works like new. Thanks Ameritron.

K1AZG Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2015 04:52 Send this review to a friend
als-600 serviced  Time owned: more than 12 months
I corresponded with John at Ameritron service and since I was driving from TX to the east coast I asked if I could just bring it in. He said sure and I could wait for it or pick it up later in the day. Smart tech, he knew what was wrong from our emails. I found the Ameritron building early in the morning (it is well hidden) and John went right to work while I watched. He replaced the finals and updated some other parts and I was out the door before noon. Very nice folks and great service and he did all this while taking calls from customers and answering their questions.
While I try and diy, sometimes a learned hand is much easier.
W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Service & rates!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rob & Mike are Great to deal with.I no longer own an Ameritron amplifier but always had great service from them & several times Rob was able to talk me through a problem so that I did not need to ship the amp back to them.A++++++ Service. {:>)
K9IG Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Great for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
AL-1200 went south during the W1AW/9 operation at my QTH. Antenna relay seemed to be sticking and XMIT LED was on at all times. Sent amp on a Wed, it arrived on Friday. I received a call the next Friday the amp was repaired, bad antenna relay, in-rush relay gone too and meter lamps updated to LEDs. $146 parts and labor. I was fine with that. I had amp back in the shack the next Tuesday.
KC8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 16:33 Send this review to a friend
ALS-600  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great service! Reasonable charges.
W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 12:19 Send this review to a friend
K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 09:12 Send this review to a friend
I'd Rate it a 10 If I Could!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My ALS-600 with switching power supply and remote band switch smoked 2 weeks out of warranty. I sent in the amp and P/S and they replaced the board in the P/S, located another problem in the amp I didn't complain about and sent it back at their at their expense. I plugged it in and it smoked again. I should have sent in the band data switch as well. They sent be replacement parts (plus a spare choke!) no charge, and I sent them the remaining parts and cables. They repaired the band data and remote switch accessories, and replaced all cables (CAT 5 and ALC) all at no charge. At this point they have hundreds of dollars of parts, service and shipping into my amp and I am happy camper. During all this a friend was buying a Tokyo Hi-Power. When he saw how I was treated he cancelled and bought an ALS-600, ARI-500, and ALS-500RC. Great customer service always pays off.Oh, and when you call, you actually get to speak with a knowledgeable tech!
K5JD Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Service!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I shipped my AL-811A back to Ameritron for troubleshooting and repairs. They emailed me the day after they received it, to confirm receipt. They again emailed me what was wrong and what needed to be done, and within 24 hours of my giving them the go-ahead, they were ready to ship it back to me.
The parts and labor were very reasonable, and I got to speak to the tech who was actually doing the work.
This is the way service work should be done, in my opinion.
KC9NCS Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2013 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Service, Fair Price, Nice People  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent an Ameritron AL-80B into Ameritron Repair service after the tube blossomed in it and I was unable to locate the issue that caused the tube to fail.

Sent it along with a note indicating all the issues the amp was having (meter bulbs burned out, 160m didn't work, some other minor issues.) Received an email 8 days after I'd shipped it that the repairs had been complete, and to call in to arrange for payment and shipping back.

Spoke to Rob, who indicated he couldn't find any problems with the amps output, but had fixed everything else on my list. I asked if he'd put a tube in and tested the amp, he did. I described for him the process I went through to troubleshoot the amp myself before shipping it back for repair. Rob said I'd diagnosed the problem successfully (tube) and should've trusted my diagnosis.

In addition to fixing the meter bulbs and other fixes I'd asked for, he added inrush protection so the amp now soft-starts, and added a few parts to prevent the meter bulbs from burning out so quckly again. Total cost: $101 + shipping back. Added a tube for $179.

Received the amp back, inserted the tube and fired it up -- everything works as new. Total was $347 shipped back to me. Thought I'd be better safe than sorry shipping the amp back, am glad I did so it could get updated.

Very happy with the service, the turn-around was very quick and the folks at Ameritron (Rob, folks who answered the phone) couldn't have been nicer. IMO the service I received is a model of good customer service. Well done Rob & Ameritron!