Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Ameritron Factory Service Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritron Factory Service
Reviews: 36 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Factory Service for Ameritron Amplifiers

You can write your own review of the Ameritron Factory Service.

KF5ER Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2017 15:33 Send this review to a friend
First class service  Time owned: more than 12 months
AL-1500 arced when I turned it on. Found one fuse
blown, replaced fuse arced again. Gave up on repair
took it Ameritron in Starksville, MS. Repair took
about a hour while I stood around and got in the
way. The technician Rob knows his stuff. Best
service ever since licensed in 1972. Everybody in
the factory deserves a hearty WELL DONE.

AA4AJ Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2017 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent my 811H back for a new T/R relay. Total time lapse was 10 days - 6 in transit, 2 weekend, 2 to get it fixed. The work was done well. Packed well on return. Rob is a pleasure to work with. That is as good as it gets.

K1XT Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 14:08 Send this review to a friend
AL 82 Service   Time owned: more than 12 months
Can't say enough about the service from Ameritron.I had some issues with my AL82 and even though it was out of warranty they stood by it. I own an AL82 and an AL811H. Both do as advertised and are keepers.

W6GF Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2015 19:33 Send this review to a friend
Al-1500 problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
My big "AL" is back. It took only 2 weeks and very little cost.
Rob, was a big help and explained everything.

Works like new. Thanks Ameritron.

de
W6GF

K1AZG Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2015 04:52 Send this review to a friend
als-600 serviced  Time owned: more than 12 months
I corresponded with John at Ameritron service and since I was driving from TX to the east coast I asked if I could just bring it in. He said sure and I could wait for it or pick it up later in the day. Smart tech, he knew what was wrong from our emails. I found the Ameritron building early in the morning (it is well hidden) and John went right to work while I watched. He replaced the finals and updated some other parts and I was out the door before noon. Very nice folks and great service and he did all this while taking calls from customers and answering their questions.
While I try and diy, sometimes a learned hand is much easier.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 12:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Service & rates!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rob & Mike are Great to deal with.I no longer own an Ameritron amplifier but always had great service from them & several times Rob was able to talk me through a problem so that I did not need to ship the amp back to them.A++++++ Service. {:>)

K9IG Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Great for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
AL-1200 went south during the W1AW/9 operation at my QTH. Antenna relay seemed to be sticking and XMIT LED was on at all times. Sent amp on a Wed, it arrived on Friday. I received a call the next Friday the amp was repaired, bad antenna relay, in-rush relay gone too and meter lamps updated to LEDs. $146 parts and labor. I was fine with that. I had amp back in the shack the next Tuesday.

KC8P Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2014 16:33 Send this review to a friend
ALS-600  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great service! Reasonable charges.

W4PIG Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 12:19 Send this review to a friend
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE AMP BUSINESS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
THIS IS THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE USA. MADE A APPOINMENT WITH THEM TOOK AMP DOWN FIXED IT IN LESS THAN A HOUR. COST WAS VERY REASONABLE. GREAT! GREAT! 73S

K2GT Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2014 09:12 Send this review to a friend
I'd Rate it a 10 If I Could!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My ALS-600 with switching power supply and remote band switch smoked 2 weeks out of warranty. I sent in the amp and P/S and they replaced the board in the P/S, located another problem in the amp I didn't complain about and sent it back at their at their expense. I plugged it in and it smoked again. I should have sent in the band data switch as well. They sent be replacement parts (plus a spare choke!) no charge, and I sent them the remaining parts and cables. They repaired the band data and remote switch accessories, and replaced all cables (CAT 5 and ALC) all at no charge. At this point they have hundreds of dollars of parts, service and shipping into my amp and I am happy camper. During all this a friend was buying a Tokyo Hi-Power. When he saw how I was treated he cancelled and bought an ALS-600, ARI-500, and ALS-500RC. Great customer service always pays off.Oh, and when you call, you actually get to speak with a knowledgeable tech!